wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Concept Art / Fan Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-03-2010, 01:17 AM   #1
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)

Send a message via AIM to TheSecretArts Send a message via MSN to TheSecretArts Send a message via Yahoo to TheSecretArts
Default The Hitman

This is the first picture I have made digitally. I started out with a pen/pencil base and went from there. It was a little rushed (I had a week to do it along with all my other classwork) but it came out nicely. I don't personally like the way the hand / gun turned out but overall I like it.

It was made with gimp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hitman Digitized Resized.jpg (467.7 KB, 111 views)
TheSecretArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-03-2010, 02:34 AM   #2
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

It looks really shaky and messy. I would suggest you to use bigger brushes from now on, thatīs pretty much were the shakyness feeling comes from. Take a look at the "Flatten and Simplify" section of this tutorial, which illustrates this issue perfectly (and since youīre at it, take a lot at the whole thing, itīs really helpful).

For now, Iīm moving it to the Concept/Fan Art section.

Last edited by NiRVaNa_87 : 05-03-2010 at 02:35 AM.
NiRVaNa_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)

Send a message via AIM to TheSecretArts Send a message via MSN to TheSecretArts Send a message via Yahoo to TheSecretArts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiRVaNa_87
It looks really shaky and messy. I would suggest you to use bigger brushes from now on, thatīs pretty much were the shakyness feeling comes from. Take a look at the "Flatten and Simplify" section of this tutorial, which illustrates this issue perfectly (and since youīre at it, take a lot at the whole thing, itīs really helpful).

For now, Iīm moving it to the Concept/Fan Art section.

Yeah, I had a feeling I needed bigger brushes, but I didn't want to create or download them because I was just to busy. (while I was making it I was bitching about how small my brushes were, lol) Thanks for the feedback, that link looks incredibly useful.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

What program did you use? Iīm sure the program has big enough brushes included on it.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
Shadow_Strike
Pokemon Trainer

Submissions (1)

Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)

Quote:
What program did you use? Iīm sure the program has big enough brushes included on it.

If its anything like photoshop/paintshop pro then the brush sizes are variable up to an amount that is unnessecary. All you have to do is move the slider over a bit.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #6
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

Quote:

I used gimp, the only large brush that isn't a specialty brush is 19x19 I think. The largest is 100x100 but it is the Galaxy brush (special texture). And the file I was working with was approximately 3300x2000 (I think, it was directly from a image scan).
Old 05-04-2010, 01:01 AM   #7
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

Well, I really donīt know GIMP, but as SS said, for Photoshop you can vary the size of the brush by sliding a bar. In PS (in case it works in GIMP this way too) you simply make a left click and it should give you the option to increase/decrease the size. There are other ways too but, again, I donīt know if they can be done in GIMP.

I would suggest that you check some tutorials for that program, Iīm almost certain that it is possible to do this, otherwise this program sucks more than I thought...
Old 05-04-2010, 01:39 AM   #8
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

Quote:
Well, I really donīt know GIMP, but as SS said, for Photoshop you can vary the size of the brush by sliding a bar. In PS (in case it works in GIMP this way too) you simply make a left click and it should give you the option to increase/decrease the size. There are other ways too but, again, I donīt know if they can be done in GIMP.

I would suggest that you check some tutorials for that program, Iīm almost certain that it is possible to do this, otherwise this program sucks more than I thought...

I'll check it out, thanks. I haven't really done much with digital modifications, so it's a learning experience for me. I normally stick to pen/pencil realism of objects I can see.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:18 AM   #9
Shadow_Strike
Pokemon Trainer

Submissions (1)

Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSecretArts
I'll check it out, thanks. I haven't really done much with digital modifications, so it's a learning experience for me. I normally stick to pen/pencil realism of objects I can see.

If its gimp just use the brush scaler and make that fucker huuuuge.
Gimp is basically photoshop with a shitty and confusing UI.

Last edited by Shadow_Strike : 05-04-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Shadow_Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:07 AM   #10
artforge
User

Submissions (3)

artforge will become famous soon enough (30)artforge will become famous soon enough (30)

Send a message via MSN to artforge

Besides brush size, you should look into opacity too, if you work on a way too little value of opacity, it'll look shakey and the colors and tones will be fuckd up. (not sure if it was mentioned in nirvs link, sorry if it is, but it's worth pointing out anyway)
Old 05-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #11
Fluff
or your money back!

Submissions (1)

Fluff will become famous soon enough (64)Fluff will become famous soon enough (64)Fluff will become famous soon enough (64)

The knot in the tie is way too big. Also, I think I see the position you are trying to portray with the head, so you might add more shadow to the bottom half of his face to get the look that his head is slightly bowed.

It looks interesting overall, though.
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote