wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Texture Resources > Icons / Interface
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
ike_ike
User

Submissions (5)

ike_ike will become famous soon enough (30)ike_ike will become famous soon enough (30)

Default Murloc Upgrade pack

An assortment of Murloc attack and armour upgrades :)

Made for the Hive's Phoenix Trial #4. Includes BTN, PASBTN, DISPASBTN, DISBTN.

Icons:
Stone Blades, Iron Blades, Kraken Blades
Scaly Hides, Serpent Hides, Kraken Hides

EDIT: Updated! The Scaly Hides have longer spines, different design on the Kraken Blades, slightly rougher shading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Icon Lineup 31-1-09.jpg (62.7 KB, 1504 views)
File Type: jpg IconLineupKrakenScaly.jpg (38.4 KB, 860 views)
Attached Files
File Type: rar Murloc Upgrade Pack.rar (110.7 KB, 604 views)
File Type: rar ScalySkinsKrakenBlades.rar (20.4 KB, 425 views)

Last edited by ike_ike : 02-19-2009 at 09:56 AM.
ike_ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
xXm0rpH3usXx
I want my rep back! asap

Submissions (35)

xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)xXm0rpH3usXx is a glorious beacon of light (406)

ah, now i understand the image you posted some while ago...
it was for these!

look good, i cant do shit in ps, so, yeah! great!
i like how you distinguished them, it resembles how the murlocs become better every time you upgrade them very well! i likethem!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

The Murloc/Mur'gul ones are excellent, as are the first two knives.

The third knife feels a bit off, just looking at the runes (too small, not quite
glowy enough, just doesn't quite "fit") and something about the overall shape.
The background of the second upgrade seems to be glowier than that of the
third as well.

I'd like to see that third weapon fixed or redone, but honestly this is quality
work. Well done :)
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I do think they're good enough, but I always try to critique stuff and I do think there's room for improvement if you do ever feel like revisiting and updating them:

My first issue is with the tier three weapon. The metal doesn't look like metal or stone, it rather looks a lot like plastic. Look at some reference pictures, you've got whatever texture effect you were going for all wrong. In particular it has to do with the highlights on them (or rather lack thereof) and the sporadic shading. Stone, for instance, shades less uniformly; metal, on the other hand, has very sharp highlighting. The runes all over it also seem eccentric and malformed. The main problem with them is that you have them glow but they don't act as light sources or 'glow' for nearby areas. That would be awesome if they did.

My other comment is on tier one armor. It would look better if the webbing weren't cut short for this one. Right now there's a lot of unsightly black in that icon. Also, the spines and web being a bit larger still wouldn't look too upgraded, it'd still look like a solid tier one upgrade.

Aside from that, though, I think they look great. Keep up the good work.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:21 AM   #5
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Ike, you think you could update the third weapon (and maybe first armor) icon per my comments above? If you do, this'll be totally approved.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:23 AM   #6
ike_ike
User

Submissions (5)

ike_ike will become famous soon enough (30)ike_ike will become famous soon enough (30)

Yessir. I need to go and find my borderiser thing. Back in just a moment :3
ike_ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)

Looks too dark/neon/'funky' for WC3-style icons, but it's fine, in my opinion.

See these ladder icons for the 'solid' shading I mean is appropriate for the WC3.
Attached Images
File Type: gif BTNThoriumArmor.gif (5.3 KB, 486 views)
File Type: gif BTNAdvancedStrengthOfTheMoon.gif (4.2 KB, 484 views)

Last edited by fX_ : 02-13-2009 at 11:00 AM.
fX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

That's silly, you made the fins on the T1 armor bigger than T2/T3. Bigger didn't mean make them bigger than the murloc himself. :p I like the new T3 weapon, but that blade edge still doesn't look sharp at all. Rougher shading makes it look more stony, but it still suffers a few things. Anyways, though, they look better and are good enough for the database. You shouldn't be afraid to update them in the future, though, if you can.

Approved
Old 03-01-2009, 12:39 AM   #9
reza sword2
User

reza sword2 has little to show at this moment (5)

Nice work ike, but somehow the tier 1 armor just look out of place (to me that is). Maybe give it some blue or something.

Otherwise, nice work.
reza sword2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #10
Soul Theft
Banned

Soul Theft has little to show at this moment (0)

nice shadings
Soul Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:12 AM   #11
Viktory
User

Viktory has little to show at this moment (0)

Looks good. I'll use them in my Murloc Race for sure.
+rep
Viktory is offline   Reply With Quote