wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Artist's Discussion and Queries
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-17-2008, 12:45 AM   #1
Exist2Inspire
User

Exist2Inspire has little to show at this moment (3)

Default [Request]Cookie's Beta Pack

Hello everyone.

I have searched all over this forum for Cookie's Beta Pack, though I have yet to find a working link. I used to have it, but I lost the CD which it was stored on :(

Does anyone have it / Does it even exist? I know a few, select models have been posted up here and there, though I am still waiting a few of them
Exist2Inspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-17-2008, 02:31 AM   #2
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Dude, if something like that still existed for DL, I'd be all over it. I have but merely tasted of the sweetness that is Cookies' creations, and have long-desired more.

Wait, you're talking about "his Beta pack"? Like Wc3 Beta models? Archian already uploaded that.

If you're interested, though (in Cookie's stuff in general), I might have some of it. Like the "Tiki Ice Mage", and the "Chem. Tank" (I think the Tank could've been made by Phoenix-IV, though...)
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:33 AM   #3
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

I actually think I got that beta pack somewhere.

Should I upload it?
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:36 AM   #4
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

If you think it'd be useful for members, of course you should. :)
Old 10-17-2008, 02:36 AM   #5
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Thumbs up !!!

Yes, please. :P

BTW, is it actually "beta models", or just really early on in Wc3 modding that he made it?
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 10-17-2008 at 02:37 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:23 AM   #6
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Ah it seems the beta pack I had was TFT Beta model pack, not the Roc one
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:43 AM   #7
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

??

i.e., the one that's already uploaded? Because even if that is the case, you might have something that Archian did not upload.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:22 AM   #8
Exist2Inspire
User

Exist2Inspire has little to show at this moment (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
Dude, if something like that still existed for DL, I'd be all over it. I have but merely tasted of the sweetness that is Cookies' creations, and have long-desired more.

Wait, you're talking about "his Beta pack"? Like Wc3 Beta models? Archian already uploaded that.

If you're interested, though (in Cookie's stuff in general), I might have some of it. Like the "Tiki Ice Mage", and the "Chem. Tank" (I think the Tank could've been made by Phoenix-IV, though...)

There are quite a few things that were missing from that pack, namily a bunch of spells, textures and I think, a unit or two.

Textures:

ShadowHunterBeta ( from RoC Beta )
RangerSkin ( from the RoC Beta )

Spell Models:

The Black Arrow ( It was different than the ones in the game right now )
Poison Arrow Target ( or something similar )
Death and Decay ( that has already been uploaded )
Corpse Explosoin ( that has already been uploaded )

Unit Models:

Wisp ( blue wisp )

yeah, There's a lot more i'm missing but it's late... and my memory sucks.

The main reason why I'm requesting this ( probably should have mentioned this before ) is that I am attempting to recreate the Alpha/Beta as well as creep wars ( I know that creep wars have been done to death ).

So far, I'm about 50% done the coding on the Undead, making them play the same way they did back in the Pre-Beta / Alpha. Having only 4 heroes (one of which must be the necormacer) and raising your army from dead units.

Tested it a bit, and besides from some balance issues, and end game issues, it's a lot of fun!
Exist2Inspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:53 PM   #9
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

*ShadowHunterBeta* - ? What's this? The masked version? Because that's a model, not a skin (the skin includes the masks)
*RangerBeta* - Which is this? I happen to know of at least 2-3 Ranger skins; the generic Sylvanas one, and a green-tattooed, more leather-less clothes one. Meh?
*Black Arrow* - I think I have this...
*Corpse Explosion/D&D* - So if it's already uploaded, why'd you post it?
*Blue Wisp* - Umm... Blue Night Elf? Wisps are team-color. However, there is (and I have) the "Entangled Wisp" model (kinda floating, looks different)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exist2Inspire
The main reason why I'm requesting this ( probably should have mentioned this before ) is that I am attempting to recreate the Alpha/Beta as well as creep wars ( I know that creep wars have been done to death ).

So far, I'm about 50% done the coding on the Undead, making them play the same way they did back in the Pre-Beta / Alpha. Having only 4 heroes (one of which must be the necormacer) and raising your army from dead units.

Tested it a bit, and besides from some balance issues, and end game issues, it's a lot of fun!
You are officially my Favorite User of the Week, man (too bad it's Friday :P). I loved all the ideas from Beta/Alpha so much... I'm constantly trying to fit ideas from Beta/Alpha back into Wc3 through my Custom Races (see my sig. for the link). In fact, my original idea for the Forsaken was to do what you're doing with Undead.

Alright, too awexome. If you need any help (though I'm really getting busy nowadays), just call. I'd love to see how you've gotten to where you are.

(esp. the "raising army from dead units"; do you have buildings that summon corpses like the Graveyard, with triggers to replace the "raised" unit with the right one (based on the spell)?)

Oh, I don't know if this counts, but I can probably find a few more Beta/Alpha stuff (as well as information about it). Like:...

- Gargoyle projectile
- Night Elf Archdruid Hero (has Spore Cloud, Preservation, and Force of Nature ultimate (turns into an Owlbear; part of the model))
- old "Gargoyle Roost"
- old Nerubian Ziggurats
- beta Necropolis (sunk in the green pool)
- beta Priestess of the Moon (flying on an giant Owl)
- Grim Ward (spell), Invisibility Ward (spell)...
- some spinning, flaming skull (loops)?

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 10-17-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:52 PM   #10
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

let's not forget:

Alpha Archer
Orc Warlord
Hero Abomination
Alpha Necropolis (it was more of a throne-like structure, had claws coming out the sides and purple runes... might even have been the old altar)
Alpha Druid of the Talon (everybody's favourite - even had a different raven form, with some similarities to the Vulture/Albatross critter)
Alpha Frost Wyrm (it was seriously fuggin' epic - walked on land but had hugeass wings. Plus it was about 2-3x the size of the current one :P)
Beta (and later Alpha) Frost Wyrm (the wingless grounded version)
Old Huntress (similar to the sentry, except the cloak was actually wrapped well and she had an owl perched on her shoulder)
Elven Mage-Priest (from the Alpha, basically the same as a priest, except it had a beard and a hood)
Alpha Ranger (yes, this one has been mentioned. However, she had a unique portrait - similar to Jaina - that was pretty neat. Currently, there are 2 versions of the skin in the .mpq with subtle variations - one under Textures\HeroRanger and another under Abilities\Weapons\RangerMissile\HeroRanger)
Alpha Hero Necromancer (A bit bulkier than the current one, pointy horns like the Necro's portrait and of course hero glow :P)
Tauren with wrecking ball (model very similar, had a different portrait though)
Catapult pushed by peons
Alpha Druid of the Claw (significantly skinnier, generally more awesome)
Alpha Trees (much higher detail than release trees)
Alpha Orc Shaman (basically the RoC Orc Warlock with a nicer skin)
Orc Warlord's spell SFX
Human Knight (with a shield and a flail/morning star. The texture for the armor area powerup rune is identical to the one used for his shield)
Human Crusader Hero (similar to the release knight, but with a longer lance and hero glow)
Human Archmage (basically the same, portrait wasn't as good looking though)
Mass Teleport SFX (basically took up the whole screen :P)
Blademaster (basically unchanged from earliest Alpha when the game was a squad-based RPG to release, only change was he had red beads back then)
Raider (basically the same, portrait was different, but the texture was the same)
Paladin (had a different texture and portrait, hammer was smaller, besides that identical to release)
Orc Spirit Walker Hero (shaman's model, but with hero glow and different portrait)
Call Storm SFX (pretty nifty, if a little blurry. Lightning planes weren't billboarded though)
Orc Spirit Walker had a kind of Ghost Wolf thing that it summoned, pretty crappy, think a white, semiopaque version of the critter dog skin with bad model joins
Grass textures were different as well
Cold Wraith (everybody knows and loves this one - grim reaper-style character with a glowyhax scythe)
Dreadlord with a dress (skinnier, portrait was way more awesome too. Also, when the portrait changed to it's current form, he initially had those vivid blue pupils you can see in the texture)
Alpha Death Knight (purple revenant with a glow. still cool though)
Alpha Death Knight (another one, similar to the current one, but instead of a horse, he rode around on a glowing purple cloud of evil energy)
Mountain King (similar to current, different portrait, texture and smaller weapons)
Cannon Doodad (just plain cool)
Alpha Crypt Lord (don't know much about this one, from what i've heard it was pretty awesome though)
Murloc texture, bile yellow flavour
Alpha Altar of Elders (similar, less built up, had a pool at the bottom)
Night Elf Buildings, various (these were kickass. You know all those strange Tree Dwellings and Ancients in Thammer's gallery on Sons of the Storm? those were ingame)
Demon Hunter skin - virtually identical, had different wristgaurds though
Far Seer riding on a Wyvern
Water Elemental (looked more like water, much better in general)
Alpha Lich (didn't have a lower jaw, similar to the release Lich besides the head)
Ice Troll Creeps, hard to tell, but they had a unique model and a cool texture
Undead structure, can't tell what it is, looks like a tower of some sort
Night Elf unit, can't tell what it is, might be Druid of the Talon mid-transform

There's probably more, but that's all I've found pictures of so far.
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:05 AM   #11
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

^Show-off. :P

But seriously, it seems you've seen the same pictures as I have (and a few I haven't...). But I can't find them anymore. Where can I find them?
Old 10-18-2008, 06:03 AM   #12
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

There was a whole lot of them somewhere, forget the actual site though. I'll see if I can find it again. We should set up a gallery thread sometime dedicated to preserving the alpha and beta concepts and screenshots.
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:01 PM   #13
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

^Yeeesss!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #14
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

I have some GIFs in my photobucket.