wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > Site Discussion
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 06:38 PM   #1
Arkidas
User

Submissions (1)

Arkidas is on a distinguished road (10)

Certainly I saw a guy using my avatar picture. I ask him to change the picture cause its not nice to steal avatars.

Thanks,Im aint angry just telling you :)
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-19-2004, 06:46 PM   #2
Aznwhore
User

Submissions (1)

Aznwhore will become famous soon enough (40)Aznwhore will become famous soon enough (40)

wrong forum
<who was it? was that avatar even created by you?>
and your sig's huge
Old 05-19-2004, 06:48 PM   #3
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate-Demon
Certainly I saw a guy using my avatar picture. I ask him to change the picture cause its not nice to steal avatars.

Thanks,Im aint angry just telling you :)
Aren't you using an image made by blizzard as avatar?
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Old 05-19-2004, 07:24 PM   #4
Arkidas
User

Submissions (1)

Arkidas is on a distinguished road (10)

Lord Vexorian Iam but arent you too doing it? and would you like if I did use excatly your avatar?
Old 05-19-2004, 07:53 PM   #5
Aznwhore
User

Submissions (1)

Aznwhore will become famous soon enough (40)Aznwhore will become famous soon enough (40)

his is custom made, fyi
the goblin doesn't have that angle of a portrait...<Duh!>
Old 05-21-2004, 09:22 AM   #6
Fladian
User

Respected User

Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)

Well, I think you can better PM the guy to ask to change his avatar if it bothers you. I think that would be more effective then a thread here in Site Discussion.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:37 AM   #7
Murloc Lover
Now with more slime

Murloc Lover will become famous soon enough (58)Murloc Lover will become famous soon enough (58)

Send a message via MSN to Murloc Lover

sorry but if you expect no-one but you to use the damn illidan portrait avatar, you have another thing coming. that has to be the most common avatar ever. ive seen it so much. The guys dosnt need to change it, because i bet that aound 25 ppl on these forums use that avatar. and you werent the first.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:33 AM   #8
Nash
User

Nash is on a distinguished road (10)

i think u should choice unique avatar - because Illidan avatar is common
Old 05-21-2004, 11:10 AM   #9
Fladian
User

Respected User

Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)Fladian has a spectacular aura about (92)

Yeah... that's true too, enough wc3 character avatars are quite common nowadays...
Old 05-21-2004, 10:13 PM   #10
DoCa-Cola
User

DoCa-Cola is on a distinguished road (10)

Yea, War3 Avatars suck. That's why you do what I did, and get an attractive female as your Avatar.

And Demon, don't tell someone to change Avatars because his happens to be the same as yours. Especially with something as unoriginal as Illidan...

And one more thing... CHANGE THE SIG, IT'S TOO DAMN BIG!
Old 05-22-2004, 06:59 AM   #11
Fladian
User

Respected User

He's really being stormed by mistakes now, isn't he? First that he posted in the wrong forum, after that he didn't really had an original one so he shouldn't ask people to change it (sorry, bit strange said) and also his signature...

But still, he's only here for 2 months yet...

Right, um...
BTW Doca-Cola doing the way like you said, (using an attractive female as an avatar) surely gets some attention, perhaps more attention then some people want ;) (or at least, it gets my attention :P)
Old 05-25-2004, 01:42 AM   #12
g3m1n161
User

g3m1n161 has little to show at this moment (0)

illidan is cliche! it is the avatar/character of yesterday, when ppl actually appreciated warcraft 3 for its story and characters. plus, you did not make the avatar, therefore whoever "stole it" DID NOT "steal it." ^_^ i would recommend a more fun avatar. it doesn't have to be warcraft 3. i for one, dislike warcraft 3's characters and casts. who knows, you might have a lot of fun just looking for another avatar ^_^.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:09 PM   #13
Gitlich
Prophet 15

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Gitlich has a spectacular aura about (87)Gitlich has a spectacular aura about (87)Gitlich has a spectacular aura about (87)

Send a message via MSN to Gitlich

its spelt clique. i know im probably the last one on this site to complain about spelling. but im so hopelessly inadiquate at it, when the blue moon rolls around, and i do know how to spell a word i like to take full advantage of it, no matter how much of a pedant it makes me.
On topic; if its not origonal dont complain when anyone else uses it. i could swear ive seen that same avatar more than twice anyway. i know very few people ahve compleatly origonal avatars, mine i just found. but if youre on a WC3 site expect enough others to have a WC3 avatar that yours wont be unique
Old 05-26-2004, 11:14 PM   #14
Jester-of-Death
User

Jester-of-Death is on a distinguished road (10)

ahem http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cliche
No spelling error. Isnt this a rather offtopic thread?
Old 05-26-2004, 11:18 PM   #15
Gitlich
Prophet 15

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Gitlich has a spectacular aura about (87)Gitlich has a spectacular aura about (87)Gitlich has a spectacular aura about (87)

Send a message via MSN to Gitlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester-of-Death
ahem http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cliche
No spelling error. Isnt this a rather offtopic thread?
it appears i more correct about that blue moon than i had first thought. clique is an entirely different word, and has nothing whatsoever to do with any of this, sorry