wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Project Recruitment
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-07-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
yabooer
User

yabooer has little to show at this moment (0)

∙•● Ardent Heroes ●•∙
A multiplayer RPG map.

Table:
Suggested Players: 2-10
Map Scale: 480x480
Tileset: Ashenvale
File Size: 7MB

Development Team

Table:
Developer Name Job(s)
Craka_J Project Leader | Terrainer | Story
Yabooer Designer
Sankaku vJASS Triggers
Titanhex vJASS Triggers
Catch23 vJASS Triggers
Vikus BETA Tester
Anachron BETA Tester
Dansant BETA Tester
Misfitkid14 BETA Tester

Table:
Description:
Ardent Heroes is a Roleplaying Game that will focus on a multitude of elements that makes RPGs enjoyable for players. A vast amount of quests, items, levels, customization, and other great features and systems will be included to ensure the map appeals to RPG fans.

Table:
Story: (Story isn't complete and is subject to change or be redone completely)
You arrive in the to the great land of Lodethan, only in time to discover that it has been suffering from ruthless invaders and is gradually falling to its demise. With the path to go back and escape this part of the world being blocked off by unfortunate impassible wreckage, you and your friends proceed into the destructive world, seeking the answer to ending Lodethan's main source of opposition.

Despite how overrun Lodethan may be with evil invaders, the people of villages, towns, and cities have bravely held their ground. But as the days go by, the defenses of Lodethan are being penetrated more and more, and the morale and fate is dropping drastically. The land needs not one hero, but a band of ardent heroes whom vow to preserve the security and general strength of Lodethan and its people, no matter what great dangers lie before them in their path.

Table:
Features:
  • Choose one of three core classes. (Tank, DPS, Healer)

• Choose your own skills from multiple archetypes, such as Thief Mastery.

• Items your character has equipped will be visible on your character. (Armor & Weapons)

• Banks to store items safely.

• Fullscreen inventory/equipment system.

• Tons of items. (Equipped items are visible on your character!)

• Tons of quests. Some of which are repeatable! (Over 50 quests!)

• Enough dungeons and boss-fights to keep players of all level brackets (10, 20, 30, 40, etc.) happy! :wink: (At least 5 major boss fights)

• Level cap is set to 65.

• Travel from towns to cities (vice versa) with ease by paying for a Gryphon to take you down a Flight Path!

• Buy a mount and travel around twice as fast!

• Get a mount at level 35+.

• Rewarding PvP system.

• Challenge the lord of a city over its ownership and benefits as its leader.

• A massive world to explore, complete with elaborately detailed landscapes and a story behind it all!

Screenshots

Table:
BETA Tester Applications
Are you capable of discovering issues with RPGs (or games/mods in general) and then reporting them efficiently so that the development team behind the RPG can effectively work on improving the game? Well, if you're interested, visit the BETA Tester Application thread at our forum and sign up now!
BETA Tester Application thread here!

The features list isn't exactly complete, it's just a few things I could gather off the top of my head that I plan on having added to this RPG. If the above information I've added so far interests you to help out with the map's development, the below lists what I need to successfully complete Ardent Heroes ORPG:
Development Help Needed!

Table:
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
CUSTOM MAP PREVIEW
  • Create an attractive, neat, high quality custom map preview image for Ardent Heroes.
  • Photoshop CS3 or an equivalent program required. MS Paint is unacceptable!
  • Must include the title "Ardent Heroes" in the image.

Table:
CUSTOM LOADING SCREEN
  • Create an attractive, neat, high quality custom loading screen image for Ardent Heroes.
  • Photoshop CS3 or an equivalent program required. MS Paint is unacceptable!
  • Must include the title "Ardent Heroes" in the image.
  • Must include a loading bar.

Table:
BETA TESTER
  • Do not upload an unprotected version of Ardent Heroes anywhere!
  • Feel free to play the protected version of Ardent Heroes on Battle.Net or LAN!
  • Try to find bugs, problems, and things you simply don't like about the map and report it to me. Please use detail and include screenshots, if possible, to help pinpoint the issues.
  • Report suggestions you think could improve Ardent Heroes.

Last edited by yabooer : 02-12-2011 at 06:26 PM.
yabooer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
yabooer
User

Sorry, forgot to include, we are searching for a Vjasser, we are in need of another one at the moment to get progress to move forward a bit faster.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
yabooer
User

To update this thread a bit further, get more people pumped for our project, and others to see that this isn't a hoax of a project, and a lost cause.

Quote:
Anyways... Back to the quest that is going to be implemented. Hero Status! The Hero Initiation quest (Idea used from my favorite MMO [AC2] if you don't know it, it is gone. You missed out) Basically it is a VERY hard and LONG quest that you will have to do in ONE game, you can't save any of the progress you make. Only one person can do the quest per game, you fail you'll have to retry in a new game.

If possible we will try to make it after 5 times of failing you can't become a hero anymore (I'd like it lower, but was told it would cause too much ragequitting etc...)

Anyways... Back to the point, THOUGH it IS a very hard quest, it does not come without great rewards. After finishing this quest you'll gain Hero Status, allowing you to go into the last city, and giving you access to some of the best Gear/Weapons available in the game. The city also sells the fastest mount and is where the cap. level PvP gear is sold.

The other reward is another skill point, giving you 66 skill points to choose from, though it might not seem like much, it will be VERY useful in competitive PvP.

The very LAST reward of this quest IS! A mount, the 2nd fastest mount that will be in the game (First will either be sold at the Hero city, or dropped [VERY low chance] off of the final boss in the Hero dungeon)

Quote:
Wrong, you will gain no help from other players. It will only be YOU. But since these mobs in there are pretty hard, there will be help. A NPC will be in there either a ghost or something (Not figured out yet).

This ghost will help you out in this dungeon. Once clicked on he will ask what role he needs to play. (Tank/DPS/Healer) once chosen control will be give to you, or it might be AI, that will be the only help you get within the Hero Initiation process, after doing this part there will be another part afterward. Once that part is completed you will gain your mount from him, and your skillpoint/Heroism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indomitable1319
If you suck and can't do it, you'll suck for the rest of the game! :smile:

Not exactly, you can continue to PvP and do mostly everything 95%, though the BEST items from PvP will be sold at the hero town. You will have to create a new character, if you want to get another 5 shots again. You will have to learn from your mistakes to get through this, it is MEANT to be hard. You won't be seeing many heroes running around until one of the fans who made it through creates a guide for you guys.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
yabooer
User

Everything that will be included in the beta test, designs, boss fights, talents, etc... Is completely 100% completed, we are just looking for another Vjasser to speed up the progress of how long it will take to code all of the work we have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabooer
As we near the holiday times and towards the new year, many of our developers are on vacation, or spending time with their families...

To check out the rest of the post, visit our forums at

http://ardentheroes.freeforums.org/update-t23.html

In other news, we are searching for about 1 more testers, if interested please don't be shy and throw up an application. If concerned about personal information being released, simply PM me your application.

We are also searching for more Vjassers to speed up our progress, so if you know someone, or you yourself are experienced with Vjass, please donate some of your time to the project, you will not go unrewarded.

Also remember, posting on the forums, giving your opinions, participating in some of the polls that are currently up, and just chatting in general, will give you that bit of an edge to be accepted into testing.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:00 AM   #5
yabooer
User

New topic posted on our official forums, asking on what you guys personally think about monthly events, also in case you haven't voted on our PvP poll, please do that and tell us why!

http://ardentheroes.freeforums.org/m...vents-t36.html

http://ardentheroes.freeforums.org/pvp-poll-t17.html

We are still searching for more Vjassers to speed up progress as well! So let me know if you're interested by posting a quick comment on this forum!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:49 AM   #6
yabooer
User

Quote:
With the new year already here, we thought we would update and give you a new year's update.

On my part, I've pushed out another boss fight, while revising things, I've started the monthly list, and...

To check out the rest of the post, visit our forums at

http://ardentheroes.freeforums.org/update-t23.html

We are of course still looking for Vjassers to help speed up progress, please continue to be active on our forums to keep our morale high as well! We would love to hear idea's and suggestions from you guys!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:32 AM   #7
yabooer
User

Well progress as been withering as we need a new and dedicated Vjasser, we need a Vjasser and fast or our progress will come to a screeching halt, if anyone out there knows of a great Vjasser or is one, please contact me, we are in dire need of one.

We need an attachment creator as well.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:30 AM   #8
yabooer
User

Quote:
Alright so there hasn't been an update, and definitely nothing worth updating for more than a month, but the great news is, that there is news!

I'm currently done, I'll just be tweaking ideas around and possibly work on some more bosses, and...

Check out the full post here!

http://ardentheroes.freeforums.org/post133.html#p133

Stay active on our forums guys, as progress is going to just flow soon, we would also appreciate some input on ideas, etc... That are already put in as a thread, and of course if you haven't signed up, sign up at our website at ardentheroes.freeforums.org
Old 02-23-2011, 03:50 AM   #9
yabooer
User

Quote:
We have a LOT to show off and for you guys to get pumped!!

After some comments concerning how the tank tree wasn't tanky enough...

Check out the full post here!

http://ardentheroes.freeforums.org/post133.html#p133

Please post in our forums and get things started, we really need the support and activity from you guys right now, to show that there is a playerbase out there!

Ask questions, sign up for beta (We might need more as some are now inactive) comment on things, give us YOUR opinion on things, and we will take it into consideration!
Old 03-09-2011, 11:55 PM   #10
yabooer
User

There are two polls up, please vote! We need YOUR opinions!!

http://ardentheroes.freeforums.org/m...ussion-f8.html
Old 04-03-2011, 03:52 AM   #11
yabooer
User

Quote:
Sorry for the very very long absence but trust me it was well worth it, we have covered so much ground it is ridiculous.

Our coders have been working very hard and we are amazed at how much work they have gotten done, and show some gratitude to all their hard work!

First off we have the combat system, which is...

Check out the full post here at our newest Updates forum!

http://ardentheroes.freeforums.org/updates-f12.html

Stay active on our forums guys, as progress is going to just flow soon, we would also appreciate some input on ideas, etc... That are already put in as a thread, and of course if you haven't signed up, sign up at our website at ardentheroes.freeforums.org

Also, we will be needing 3-4 more beta testers as we have lost our old ones due to inactivity, more may open if we do not receive word from them.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:58 AM   #12
yabooer
User

Quote:
Great news from all of us here, we had our first meeting where all 6 of us met up at a specified time and talked/worked for 3 hours, which is a first seeing how we have conflicting schedules.

From the designing side, Wolfe and myself have worked on fixing up the boss fights for the release of the closed beta which might I add is very very near...

Also, we will be needing 3-4 more beta testers as we have lost our old ones due to inactivity, more may open if we do not receive word from them.

KEEP US WORKING! Show us your love, let us know there is a population out there watching us to keep us motivated!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #13
yabooer
User

Quote:
After a long absence on most of our teams part, we are all getting back together and getting back to work.

I myself have been busy with work...

KEEP US WORKING! Show us your love, let us know there is a population out there watching us to keep us motivated!
Old 06-13-2011, 03:38 AM   #14
Nuclear Arbitor
Reputation Leech

Submissions (1)

Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)

GO YABOOER GO
Nuclear Arbitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #15
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Ooo. So, is this supposed to be like a mini-MMO?
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote