wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-27-2008, 08:18 AM   #1
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)

Default (10) Necropolis

Story
The lost city of Khosar stands as a eternal monument in the burning sands.
A city of the dead, A necropolis.
In its dust drowned halls the ancients wake from the hereafter, drawn to live out lifes many vendetta's for an eternity.
In this land where peace is short lived and strife omnipresent, not even the dead are spared.

Overview

The empire has long since crumbled, its many kings lie in their graves as a testament to the glories of the past.
You and your fellow heroes of old must continue the wars fought in life and exact vengeance on your enemies.
Death is not a release, merely a second chance to relive those battles fought in the ancient past.

Necropolis is a Zone Control Map.

The Aim of the game is to destroy all your opponents Crypts.
Crypts are captured by killing them.
Players are divided into 2 teams with up to 5 players each.

Features
  • 12 Heroes
  • 9 Mercenary Types
  • 3 Game Modes
  • Scaling Battlefield

Structures

Crypts are the main objective, they are fragile buildings scattered around the map.

Bastions are large fortress structures that train units and provide regeneration to its owners. Has True Sight,

Crypt Defenders are weak towers that watch over important locations. Has True Sight.

Vaults are research structures, that must be captured in order for players to tech their forces.

All structures can be taken over by destroying them.

Heroes

Hero List

Bone Prophet
Support Caster, excels at massing up and supporting large armies.
Learns Insight Seal, Respite, Blightsand, Garden of Graves

Risen Conqueror
Melee Skirmisher, excels at prolonged melee combat with enemy armies.
Learns Iron Fist, Blaze of Glory, Battle Command, Everlasting Defeat

Crypstalker
Ranged Assassin, excels at killing and debuffing high threat enemies and heroes.
Learns Vampiric Touch, Dead Silence, Siphon Soul, Gravechill Arrow

Corpse Giant
Support Tank, excels at creating corpses for fodder and soaking damage.
Learns Meat Cleaver, Bloodspill, Exhume, Bloodbath

Ember Prince
Siege Caster, excels at inflicting huge amounts of AOE damage at long range.
Learns Cremate, Fineral Pyre, Soul Burn, Judgement Flame

Foreunner
Support Melee, excels at transporting units across the battlefield and staging hit and run attacks.
Learns Precursive, Crossover, Time Warp, Far Strike

Dust Wraith
Skirmishing Caster, excels at slowing advancing armies and ranged attacks.
Learns Sweeping Gale, Ghost Wind, Zephyr, Sand and Foam

Dune Reaper
Melee Assassin, excels at surviving at the heart of battle and finishing dying enemies.
Learns Wrecking Blow, Shredder, Blood Pact, Massacre

Soul Conductor
Ranged caster, excels at countering physical damage and escaping focus fire.
Learns Ghost Flare, Soul Well, Spirit Trail, Requeim

Underking
Melee Caster, adept at ploughing into enemy defences and sokaing focus fire.
Learns Caustic Salvo, Ground Siege, Locust Swarm, Kingdom Come

Ghast Tamer
Melee Caster, adept at handling vast armies of air units which he can feed his lesser minions to.
Learns Devour, Winged Death, Ravenous Flock, Feeding Frenzy

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Preview.jpg (29.6 KB, 218 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Necropolis v1.6.w3x (1.76 MB, 59 views)

Last edited by Kino : 07-22-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Kino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
rulerofiron99
User

rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)

Sounds interesting... testing.
rulerofiron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:49 AM   #3
Kwah
Christmassy.

Submissions (4)

Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)

Well, here goes:
  • This map was actually rather entertaining. I enjoyed experimenting with it, but it has a few issues.
  • It was very simple, perhaps overly so.
  • The gameplay didn't really escalate late game, and was monotonous.
  • I liked the interface, and the map looked presentable.
  • The positioning of the units on the crypt was messy.
  • Terrain was passable.

As it stands, I don't think this is quite ready for the maps database, but it has potential. I think that this idea could be taken farther. I would also suggest using this, skin with a few particle modifications to fit the theme of the map better. I had something else to say, but I seem to have forgotten it. If I remember it I'll update.
Kwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:19 AM   #4
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)

Well, the idea of this map is to keep it rather simple. so I dont wish to complexify the game too much.

The thing about getting monotonous late game.
Yes that is probabbly the biggest issue at the moment, any suggestions are always welcome.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:07 PM   #5
Kwah
Christmassy.

Submissions (4)

Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)

Perhaps add leveled abilities to the lich, so you gain more options and power later in the game. Basically, make it a hero.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:46 PM   #6
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Quote:
catacombs of Khursad Seir
Surely the reference to a "Cursed Seer" was unintentional? :P
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:41 AM   #7
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

No, the the name is not related to "cursed seer" in anyway way shape or form.

Last edited by Kino : 12-02-2008 at 03:42 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:49 AM   #8
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

I was talking about the phonetical pronunciation of the word. Unless English isn't your first language (which is possible, given the community here):

Khur-sad Se-ir
=
Cur-sed Se-er.

Notice the similarities?

~~~

Regardless, I was simply making that note in jest. I haven't had a chance to test out your work, but it looked interesting and I wanted to Subscribe to it.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=

Last edited by Kyrbi0 : 12-02-2008 at 03:49 AM.
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:24 AM   #9
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Quote:
Perhaps add leveled abilities to the lich, so you gain more options and power later in the game. Basically, make it a hero.

Hmm, regarding that idea I was thinking should abilities auto level with the Lich or should players manually improve their abilities like "normal" wc3 heroes.

Alternatively I also have another solution.
Basically, I implement a skeleton upgrade system so that the game works like "pimp my peon"
allowing players to upgrade apecific aspects of thier minions such as damage, health etc.
At the same times this would work like a custom attribute, affecting your commanders abilities.

Last edited by Kino : 12-02-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:13 AM   #10
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Version 0.38

-Added a bit of new content.
-Remade the entire leveling system and how abilities scale with hero level.
- Max level cap is now reduced.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:52 PM   #11
Kwah
Christmassy.

Submissions (4)

Sounds better. I'll check it later.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:30 AM   #12
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Version 0.40
- Changed the way the mercenary cap works, as a result the game is now more player friendly.
- Lighting conditions have changed more yellow...
- Fixed small issues such as certain dummy units adding to score.

Version 0.51
- Changed practically the entire map.
- Full changes are above in the map descriptor.

Last edited by Kino : 01-19-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #13
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I tried this map, and I will be perfectly honest, it's got a lot of potential to be great and definitely the capacity to be approveable in the future. Right now there are some really strange problems with it, though.
  • "Skill 4" selection didn't seem to work. We couldn't actually get those glyphs.
  • You could 'Confirm' your skillset without having selected any abilities, which accidentally left some of my teammates without any skills for the coming battle.
  • The lich model looks like absolute hell being melee. He should be ranged, that way he can at a distance support the melee skeletons (instead of being bodyblocked by them).
  • Speaking of which, you should lower the collision on skeletons, those narrow spaces could get filled really bloody fast.
  • There should be an easier way to get mana back that doesn't require a ridiculous item (That mana potion). I suggest giving all crypts an ally-only 1% mana/life regeneration fountain ability. This makes defending slightly easier, but shouldn't blow it out of proportions.
  • Mark of Ruin was hella powerful, just a heads up. You should definitely reduce its effectiveness by at least 33%. (15 dmg to 10; heck, 5 would still make it really strong with all of those skeletons)
  • You earn a lot of gold really really fast. You should probably up the cost of creeps a bit, we were overwhelming people pretty easily.
  • Additionally, you should probably limit the number of a given unit a player can have, since we had way too many of the big guys and we slaughtered people with it.
  • THIS IS BIG! We couldn't figure out how to actually win the game. Our team controlled every single one of the buildings in the game, but we still couldn't win. You should make it more obvious and/or actually explain it somewhere like in the quest log.
  • You should have a timer that tells users when those super big naga myrmidon units are available.
  • THIS IS BIG! You need a quest log that gives proper credits for all models and textures used in your map. (I didn't see one, but I'm liable to have missed it; correct me if I'm wrong)
  • For some reason, the staircase doodads weren't working in the game. I think I might've had a widgetizer problem with the game I tested prior to this one, though, so if it's not reproduceable it was probably me needing to restart WC3.
That's all I can think of offhand. Good work so far, I hope to see this improved further! I can't approve it in its current state, but that doesn't mean I won't in the future pending your updates.

Disapproved
Old 02-27-2009, 06:37 AM   #14
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Ok I admit that its not too obvious how things actually work.

Quote:
"Skill 4" selection didn't seem to work. We couldn't actually get those glyphs.

They are obtained at level 6. (Will make it more clear in furture)

Quote:
You could 'Confirm' your skillset without having selected any abilities, which accidentally left some of my teammates without any skills for the coming battle.

Ill fix thatr in 0.54.

Quote:
The lich model looks like absolute hell being melee. He should be ranged, that way he can at a distance support the melee skeletons (instead of being bodyblocked by them).

Admitedly the Lich model is currently a placeholder until i can get a nice skeleton general model. In the very early stages Liches were ranged but that made backstab tactics hella strong which is why a more robust melee hero was used. Ill probabbly recduce skeleton collison sizes to compensate for blocks.

Quote:
THIS IS BIG! We couldn't figure out how to actually win the game. Our team controlled every single one of the buildings in the game, but we still couldn't win. You should make it more obvious and/or actually explain it somewhere like in the quest log.

This one could actually be a bug in the triggers. Ill test this soon.

Quote:
THIS IS BIG! You need a quest log that gives proper credits for all models and textures used in your map. (I didn't see one, but I'm liable to have missed it; correct me if I'm wrong)

Im very sure I included a credit log under optional quests"."

Quote:
For some reason, the staircase doodads weren't working in the game. I think I might've had a widgetizer problem with the game I tested prior to this one, though, so if it's not reproduceable it was probably me needing to restart WC3.

Well so far no one has comaplined of this yet ill see if i can reproduce it. Assuming its really a doodad issue.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #15
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

You probably did include a quest log and I just missed it. I have a terrible tendency to do that. That's why I make note of my absentmindedness. Also, I'm pretty sure that was a personal WC3 instance issue with the widgetizer, not a problem with the map.

Oh, you could probably keep the liches the way they are in stats and just make them ranged with no other changes. I quite like the usage of the lich model. It feels right. Honestly, it feels like the right model for the job. Heck, I think this map could be done damned good without any imports at all. Those imported models kind of distract from the style it has.