wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-30-2008, 02:09 AM   #31
Rommstein60
User

Rommstein60 has little to show at this moment (4)

Nice, a question, mounts are one unit or you use a periodic event on your hero to move it to the position of the pet ?
I mean you use new models (with the spell Archer/Hippogryph) or not ?
Rommstein60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:07 AM   #32
RolePlaynGamer
User

Submissions (1)

RolePlaynGamer is on a distinguished road (20)

Send a message via MSN to RolePlaynGamer

Vestras, it's impossible to answer that question. =P
Rommstein60, I attach a model to the mount, it would look very weird if I moved it with a periodical timer.
Yohobofire: Terraining
RolePlaynGamer: Scripting, modeling
Darkenneko_003: Texturing
RolePlaynGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:35 AM   #33
psycoticlunatic
User

psycoticlunatic has little to show at this moment (0)

This is one of my most anticipated RPG's coming out for WC3.

I really like all the features, and it sounds really good.

I just wonder what kind of end game bosses you'll have, since we know that everyone loves the overpowered but beatable somehow optional bosses at the end of an RPG.
psycoticlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #34
Furby
User

Submissions (1)

Furby has little to show at this moment (7)

Send a message via ICQ to Furby Send a message via AIM to Furby Send a message via MSN to Furby

Looks like really good map.

Best ORPG I ever seen.

By the way, what is the file size of map for now?

Last edited by Furby : 01-10-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Furby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #35
RolePlaynGamer
User

Submissions (1)

psycoticlunatic, I won't tell you what bosses you will encounter in this game, since getting to them is really hard and I won't ruin the surprise. =]

furby777, the size of the map is currently 3.5mb, with loading screen and all those textures in place.

Thanks for your positive comments. =]
Old 01-15-2009, 02:35 AM   #36
psycoticlunatic
User

psycoticlunatic has little to show at this moment (0)

Well, the surprise of a boss is sometimes the best :)
psycoticlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #37
Jaeline
User

Jaeline has little to show at this moment (0)

This sounds so cool! I'm really going to be excited about this, as orpg(aka mmo in this case :p) maps are my favorite kind of maps. Though I haven't played many, at least in bnet :( Dont have my own internet connection atm.

I have few questions, regarding dungeons: There's only one mention of dungeon, and that in the screenshot part, the "castle ruin".
- What kind of dungeons there will be? How many, how large they will be?
- Do you have any ideas for dungeons, and how big role they will represent in the map?

And I'll go as far as asking that is it possibility that there will be extra Dungeon maps, where you load your hero and go with people to beat some challenging and lengthy dungeons?
(I dont know how "normal" this is, or is it very rare to do like this, but I got the idea from World of Warcraft :d Like I said, I haven't played in bnet because I dont have my own internet... read: I'm a newbie!)

Yeaah, I like dungeons ^^ Ones that are interesting of course, not just plain "go kill evil lord of darkness with tank & spank method!", but dungeons with... tactics!
Jaeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #38
RolePlaynGamer
User

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeline
- What kind of dungeons there will be? How many, how large they will be?
They don't fill up much space on the map, because we've scaled them smaller, which means, that they're gonna be pretty huge. Actually, we haven't scaled them smaller, but we will, when we begin making them (so far we only have the basic concept).
We plan to make 3 dungeons, because we don't have much space for more (sadly), and don't want to increase the map size to more than 256-256, since it might have some consequences.
I will not reveal how the dungeons will be, but I can tell you the basic concept of them.
1. Vulcano.
2. Underwater.
3. Undead.

Quote:
- Do you have any ideas for dungeons, and how big role they will represent in the map?
There's a hell of things that you can do in the map, so it's really up to you how big a role they'll play, but I would guess, that they play a pretty large role, since you can get the best equipment from completing them.
And yeah, we have plenty of ideas, =]

Quote:
And I'll go as far as asking that is it possibility that there will be extra Dungeon maps, where you load your hero and go with people to beat some challenging and lengthy dungeons?
Don't bet on it, because everyone on the team agrees that it's best to keep all content in one map. Saving, exiting a game, rehosting it, waiting for the players to join, loading it, typing in save/load code can take a very long time, especially with a save/load code like Everwoods. And what if typed in the wrong code when you saved your character?

Quote:
Yeaah, I like dungeons ^^ Ones that are interesting of course, not just plain "go kill evil lord of darkness with tank & spank method!", but dungeons with... tactics!

Every dungeon in Everwood will be heavily triggered, with traps, bosses, events and all that shizzle. The bosses will require skill to defeat, and I will do my best to make the fight against them as enjoyfull as possible. Even the normal units have custom abilities and AI. =]
Old 02-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #39
Jaeline
User

Jaeline has little to show at this moment (0)

Thanks for the reply, and I have to say that I'm really excited about this map.

It's always a shame that dungeons take so much space on orpg maps, but hopefully you can fill them with all your ideas even if you have to scale those dungeons small.

And yes, it's big hussle with the extra dungeon maps thing, and should only be considered if your map will ever be so far done and popular that it is good idea to do so.

Best of luck with the project! :)
- People of the Land RPG, simple single-player map.
Jaeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #40
RolePlaynGamer
User

Submissions (1)

The map is progressing very well. I finished rewriten the entire engine several days ago, so I started to make the Full Screen Inventory, the last big system I have to code. I wanted to finish it before thursday, because that was my one year anniversary on the team, but some of the features of it was not ready. I apologize, expect some screenshots soon.
What I really like about the FSI, is the ability to see your hero with everything he equips, like in the big (MMO)RPG's. It also contains 51 bag slots, 6 inventory slots and 4 belt slots. All items in your belt will be saved in your save/load code.

The reason why I'm posting here is because of a new system I have in mind, I call it 'Advanced Chat System'. It's an extension to the Warcraft III chat system, allowing you to private message other players, color your texts, displaying text to only certain people and fade text. But I'm a little unsure on how I want the syntax for coloring your texts should be, that's why I'm asking you. Currently I have a HTML syntax in mind.
"<red>Hello RolePlaynGamer. This text should appear red</red>"
"<hex=FF0000>Hello RolePlaynGamer. This text should appear red</hex>"
"<pm=red>Hello red. This message is only shown to you</pm>"

Ideas and oppinions, please?

Oh, and I'm putting MeKC of the team because of various reasons I won't bother you with.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #43
RolePlaynGamer
User

Submissions (1)

Just to keep you guys interested, here's a new WIP on the inventory. The inventory in the first release will probably look like this, but with a few changes. Later I'll definately improve the visuality and functionality of the inventory, but for now it'll stay like this. After writing more than 2000 lines of code for this system, I'm a bit tired of it, =]

Anyway, enjoy. Comments and critism are very welcome.

The 4 slots are belt slots, items in you belt will be saved in your code. In the black, empty field between the equipment slots, is where your hero will be, so you can see the things he equips.

Screenshot