wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > The Dawn of Chaos
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-13-2007, 11:23 PM   #1
The_Skullpitter
Realm Design Executive

Project Leader: DoC

The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)

Send a message via MSN to The_Skullpitter
Default Stormwind Screenshots

John's been working on an unnamed city for the creepy opening teaser to DoC which holds the credits and a nice speech by Medivh written by yours truly. This thing has been an ongoing hobby for him for a long time now, and we've reached a point where a few screenshots wouldn't hurt your anticipation. It's turned out so nice that we've decided that it'll be Stormwind City, the capital of Azeroth. The opening scenes are all moody atmospheric shots of the town at night with an eerie slavonic song in the background. The building set, of course, is by Morpheus with DoC textures by John.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InGame.jpg (163.7 KB, 435 views)
File Type: jpg InGame4.jpg (145.3 KB, 318 views)
File Type: jpg InGame3.jpg (166.3 KB, 303 views)

I had a dream a few months ago. The Pope was teaching Pope Class in my dining room. We all had Pope uniforms and we were sitting at my dining room table. I was like the Pope Class Clown. I got in a huge fight with the Pope, and he made me fail a test out of spite so I threw a fit, ran upstairs, threw my Pope robes down the stairs at him, ran into my room, fell on my ass into my laundry basket and cried.
After I woke up I was furious with the Pope for about a week.
Then he died.

Last edited by The_Skullpitter : 04-13-2007 at 11:25 PM.
The_Skullpitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-15-2007, 02:43 AM   #2
John_Drake
User

John_Drake will become famous soon enough (73)John_Drake will become famous soon enough (73)John_Drake will become famous soon enough (73)

Here's a new shot and an updated old one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orcsies2.jpg (128.3 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg Scene2.jpg (164.8 KB, 261 views)
Old 04-15-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Dark & muddled. Lovable!

However, are those city tileset-textures intended to be part of the terrain, or replaced with custom textures? Correct me if I'm mistaken; those are ingame textures, right?
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
John_Drake
User

John_Drake will become famous soon enough (73)John_Drake will become famous soon enough (73)John_Drake will become famous soon enough (73)

They're edited version of the originals. I'll be doin' a bit more work on them at some point, or possibly replacing them, to have them fit more.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:55 PM   #5
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Drake
or possibly replacing them, to have them fit more.
Please do, as the current look tend to resemble the original game texture just a little bit too much in my opinion.

EDIT: And it's more interesting having custom textures, knowing it's of DoC quality!

Last edited by Archian : 04-15-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:50 AM   #6
John_Drake
User

Another iteration of that last shot using the pavement models by Morph reskinned and with new road tiles, also now featuring the eerie fog model by sc_freek:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NewRoads.jpg (59.4 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by John_Drake : 04-17-2007 at 01:02 AM.
John_Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:40 AM   #7
John_Drake
User

Here's a quick shot from another cinematic that I'm working on now that the other one is finished. This is still a work in progress of course.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Development.jpg (56.2 KB, 177 views)
Old 05-05-2007, 11:28 AM   #8
Berry2K
User

Berry2K has little to show at this moment (1)

It looks pretty awesome, but *way* too open. Medieval cities were mostly very cramped as everyone tried to build as much as possible within the city walls (with the law enforcement having to make sure there were some streets left, which led to people building houses overhanging the street, sometimes even meeting the other side. And occasionally one wouldn't be constructed properly and would come crashing down). Of course this isn't medieval but rather Warcraft; even so, it looks rather more like a modern-day city than Stormwind should. Incidentally, having narrow streets makes for a very quaint, historical look. Oh, and I doubt they really had pavements. Do a google search on 'medieval street' for inspiration.
As I see it the city should have some larger roads but other than that be riddled with alleys where four men cannot walk abrest. Like so:

And for the slightly bigger streets:

Last edited by Berry2K : 05-05-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Berry2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:54 PM   #9
Baneling_Aspect
User

Baneling_Aspect has little to show at this moment (0)

That city looks like it belongs in Legacy of Kain... very well done! I look forward to the project.
Baneling_Aspect is offline   Reply With Quote