wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > - Submit a resource -
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-22-2014, 01:17 AM   #16
BlackRose
User

BlackRose is on a distinguished road (13)

I think it'd be nice to have the play sound from X seconds feature in the Sound functions. I could make a wrapper function myself to do it but I think it'd be useful. Or I can just edit the sound file myself.

Hmm, also stopping sounds as well. Like you have some music and you want to stop it.

Last edited by BlackRose : 02-22-2014 at 03:33 AM.
BlackRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-26-2014, 03:47 PM   #17
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Yes, it would make sense to have that feature, I'm surprised that I did not already add it. Something like ScriptSoundSegment where you could specify the interval of the sound that would get played. I'll add it in the next release.

If you want to stop the sounds that were started by a CineScript, simply stop that CineScript.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:41 AM   #18
BlackRose
User

But who still makes cinematics in 2014? :P

Well, I got bored and decided to animate the first 30-40 seconds of Disney's Frozen's Let It Go sequence, using this system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IQMkFYt6-g
Old 03-01-2014, 07:25 PM   #19
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Could use some tweaking, you have the camera go through the terrain there. :)
Old 03-02-2014, 09:34 AM   #20
BlackRose
User

Yeah, true. I want to complete the rest of the sequence but it would be too hard. Especially with no hand animations that fit and a giant icy castle :|

Actually, I've been using regions and getting their coordinates instead of using direct coordinates with my unit positioning simply because the GUI for it is easier.

Does anyone else do this or am I the only one?

Collapse JASS:
    function ScriptUnitSlide2 takes CineScript s, real timestamp, unit u, region r, real duration, integer transitiontype returns nothing
        call UnitPositionAction.create(s, timestamp, u, GetRectCenterX(r), GetRectCenterY(r), 0.0, duration, transitiontype)
    endfunction

I ended up doing this to save me time typing out things :o

Last edited by BlackRose : 03-02-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #21
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

I don't really like using GUI stuff so I stick to coordinates. Besides, placing a region for every unit movement can be just as messy.

The problem with coordinates is that the numbers can sometimes be quite unwieldy when you're scripting something in the corner of the map but that's why I added the feature of running scripts at an offset, so you can write a small script where everything happens around coordinates 0,0 and then run that script from your main script with the appropriate offset and rotation.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:44 AM   #22
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

someone should add a function to the WE to copy a mouseclick's coordinates on the map. That would really make things faster :)
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball

Last edited by iNfraNe : 01-07-2015 at 08:44 AM.
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:21 PM   #23
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Or I could do like we discussed and make a script-writing interface in-game. It would (probably) be a lot more usable than writing scripts in the trigger editor, since you could choose coordinates by clicking on terrain, set up proper in-game camera, and test scripts instantly without having to load WC3.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:14 AM   #24
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
Or I could do like we discussed and make a script-writing interface in-game. It would (probably) be a lot more usable than writing scripts in the trigger editor, since you could choose coordinates by clicking on terrain, set up proper in-game camera, and test scripts instantly without having to load WC3.
Yes, but that seems like a shitload of work :)
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:25 AM   #25
BlackRose
User

Is the effort to even do anything for WC3 worth these days?

Now then, I wonder whether I could recreate MICROBOTS in WC3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99k0uINCknc

What's a cool Disney or Pixar scene to recreate in WC3 :D

Last edited by BlackRose : 02-14-2015 at 08:27 AM.