wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-16-2006, 09:51 PM   #16
iNfraNe
PhD

Cinematics Moderator

Submissions (7)

iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)iNfraNe is just really nice (266)

Approved Map: Mortar Ball

Send a message via MSN to iNfraNe

lol, ye ithink so too :) at least make it beatable, hard is ok, but no impossible :)
The Spirit of Vengeance (Cinematic, Blizzard contest winner)
Elimination Tournament
Mortar Ball
iNfraNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-16-2006, 11:05 PM   #17
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

I second that :D or third that... whatever it is, make it a little beatable
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:40 PM   #18
Immoralis
Working on AoBM

Submissions (2)

Immoralis will become famous soon enough (47)Immoralis will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via AIM to Immoralis Send a message via MSN to Immoralis

you should nerf wryms, they cause peons to be slow, splash and disable buildings. you should also do peon upgrades to make the stronger or soemthing, air units massacre peons
Immoralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:15 AM   #19
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)

Approved Map: EliminationApproved Map: Stand of the PeonsApproved Map: Elimination Tournament

About difficulty, remember you've only played the map for like 3 days. I'm quite sure it is beatable, at least to level 29.

But yeah, it could be impossible to beat. But once you've beaten the map, it's not nearly as fun anymore! I'll try to beat it myself, i've done it in earlier versions but i think those were unbalanced.
GaDDeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #20
Taur

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immoralis
you should nerf wryms, they cause peons to be slow, splash and disable buildings. you should also do peon upgrades to make the stronger or soemthing, air units massacre peons
yes but air units are pretty suseptible I think, anyways they always die first so i just hide my peons and focus fire on the air guys. (chimaeras are a killer)

Another thing i noticed is that more expensive does not mean better, I usually just stick with the basic 150 gold towers the entire game and do just fine. This can either be cool or annoying, matters on which way you look at it.

Quote:
About difficulty, remember you've only played the map for like 3 days. I'm quite sure it is beatable, at least to level 29.
yes but I don't think anyone's gonna spend thier entire life trying to beat the game :P
Old 03-17-2006, 10:12 PM   #21
BBDino
Wc3c's resident llama.

BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)BBDino has a spectacular aura about (95)

The 150 gold towers are pretty much all you need to build as it stands, mostly because they upgrade extremely potently....better than most other towers methinks.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:12 AM   #22
Taur

Well pretty much all towers upgrade the same, technically the basic towers (forgot thier name he he, I think it was burrow towers, reading tool tips is a waste of time) have a lower health upgrade (only 10%, I think). It's not that the upgrade better, it's that they upgrade cheaper, since they are the cheapest tower we can spend more of the gold we would have spent building more expensive towers on upgrades. For example instead of building 1 crypt you could build 1 burrow tower AND upgrade all burrow towers damage. There's really no use for any other burrow like you said.

Last edited by Taur : 03-18-2006 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:47 PM   #23
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)GaDDeN has a spectacular aura about (93)

Approved Map: EliminationApproved Map: Stand of the PeonsApproved Map: Elimination Tournament

Well massing spear burrow deffinately doesn't work (They die in a few hits by normal damage units) but yeah the burrows are quite unbalanced.

Venom Burrow is THE single unit killer, because it slows the unit to 25% attack and movement speed. The problem is that the end levels don't have one or two strong attackers. They have about 20-30. I'm thinking of adding more boss-like units, meaning one or two very strong units in each wave followed by alot of weaker units. Now all the units in the waves have near equal strength.

Crypt burrow owns early waves. But the early waves are easy, so there is no need to build a crypt just for those. And it's practically useless later on with its weak magic attack. Axe burrow and crypt burrow have the same defensive stats (same armor, health and pathing) and i usually build a few of either axe or crypt for defense. Spear burrows just can't take melee damage.

Mortar was extremly overpowered in the versions before release. I lowered their damage upgrade, and i think theyre quite balanced now. Try building a few of these instead of massing spears, it might work better.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:22 PM   #24
Taur

I like massing spears :D

but the thing is you don't get 800 gold in 1 wave you have to save up and that is super annoying, who does that?

and you realize that spear and crypt burrows only have 150 more health for like double, or quadruple the price of a spear burrow.

Last edited by Taur : 03-18-2006 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:05 PM   #25
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

Yes, axe and crypt burrow don't have alot more health. But they have HEAVY armor instead of medium. This means axe and crypt burrow are strong against melee attackers (normal damage) while spear is stronger versus tier 3 air (magic damage).

I dunno 'bout you, but my spear burrows die in a few hits when those tier 3 melee's attack them.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:06 PM   #26
Taur

what I do is simple:

build (I think it was 6) spear burrows in a line so they cover your peons behind them. Then just train peons, to load into your burrows and to designate as repairers, these peons you almost never load into burrows (unless it's an air assault) and they spend thier entire time repairing. That way melee units are unable to attack your repairing peons and have to melee attack the burrows which are consquently being constantly repaired by (at the higher levels) 3-4 peons per damaged burrow. That leaves only ranged and air units left to damage my peons. Ranged units are a flaw yes, but they don't do terrible amounts of damage, and its okay if a few of the peons die, they can be replaced. Air units usually fall quickly against my spear burrows (focus fire is your friend) and that helps out a lot. Spiked barricades also helps against melee attacks.

That's why I lost at level 27, the entire wave was made up of heavy seige units.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:17 PM   #27
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

well, mass repairing does cost you gold, that's why it's easier to use unloaded peons as a walking target for the melee attackers. Of course, in that case, you need a good build so it takes melee attackers time to get to the repairing peon and when they do ,you can unload another peon at the other end of the maze.

Of course, this way, you have less time to use tower focus fire and that sort of stuff, so maybe just walling off peons is a better idea; letting the attackers focus on the towers keeps them together (great for splash towers), and the player can focus on microing the towers (the mortar tower has dispel, for example, good stuff vs them summon waves).
Old 03-19-2006, 01:53 AM   #28
Taur

there's only 1 summon wave up to wave 27, (thats as far as I've got) so building mortas for one wave is not a good idea ;).

I like just walling off the attackers, so much easier and so much more time to build, and micro. Mass repairing costs gold, but thats sorta the point of gold, to spend it ofc.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:21 AM   #29
GaDDeN
Map Dev *********

Respected User

Submissions (3)

Yeah but if you avoid repairing up to level 20+ you got alot more gold than a player that has used your strategy. Sure the repair costs are pathetically low now, but its still gold :)
Old 03-19-2006, 02:36 PM   #30
Taur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDDeN
Yeah but if you avoid repairing up to level 20+ you got alot more gold than a player that has used your strategy. Sure the repair costs are pathetically low now, but its still gold :)
well tell me when someone gets to level 28 with a different strategy