wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Town Hall > WC3C News
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-01-2008, 03:13 AM   #16
Denu
Cackle Cackle!

Submissions (14)

Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)

Send a message via MSN to Denu

On my computer and laptop it kept saying: "failed to install patch." I repeatedly clicked on it on my laptop and it worked after several tries. Hurray for kicking the coke machine! Didn't work for my computer though.
Denu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:30 AM   #17
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

So basically there's no improvements over patch 1.22 that they tested on the Westfall server for no apparent reason.
Taur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:42 AM   #18
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

Well, this is great. Not very many decent fixes, and a DotA-related fix? Fuck that. Seriously.

Although, I do like the ability for health-bars to be constantly shown. That's a plus.

So, anyone else having problems with patch 1.22? I can't check since I'm on vacation, but if it does have problems, how do you use B.net w/o the latest patch? Or, how do you uninstall the latest patch and install an old one?
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:55 AM   #19
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (17)

THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)

Hero Contest #3 - 3rd PlaceSkinning Contest 10 ~ Druid of the talon

Send a message via AIM to THE_END Send a message via MSN to THE_END

And there's also no apparent good fixes
Cept that one for DoTA on Mac's
Thank God..my sound was messed up for so long on mine :P
Jesus really Blizzard!?! DOTA IN A FUCKING UPDATE
Stop kidding me really
Old 07-01-2008, 04:20 AM   #20
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Someone found out that patch 1.22 was missing one file which lead to Warcraft not working on probably thousands of computers; It's something related to a file missing that allows Windows to read Warcraft 3.

This is what fixed it for me: I understand that isn't the official place to get it, (which gives it risk) but I tried downloading the application directly from Microsoft's site, but that one didn't work. I realized that the one on the link was twice as big as the one I got from Microsoft.

By the way, I'm trying to confirm that JNGP works for 1.22; it doesn't work for me, anymore. I think just for that, I'm going to uninstall and go back to 1.21b. Haha. If in the event that JNGP doesn't work for 1.22, when can we expect a compatible version?
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 07-01-2008 at 04:22 AM.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:31 AM   #21
uberfoop
User

Submissions (1)

uberfoop will become famous soon enough (29)

AI tournament - 2nd place

Aye, my JNGP doesn't work either. The shortcut on my desktop entitled 'EDITOR OF DOOM' now leads to an error report.

Any word on that?
uberfoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:37 AM   #22
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Hmm... So the vibe I'm getting from this is a mix of general malaise and "don't download if you value your WE/Wc3"...

WTHeck! I'll get it anyway! (Although Curse you, Blizzard! for not adding another Neutral Tavern hero in a year!!!
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:43 AM   #23
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

I've checked Blizzard suppost page and they cleaned the ftp, so no chances of downloading the patch 1.21 :(

Anyone has this patch?? so we can go back to mod??
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:00 AM   #24
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

I don't think there ever was a standalone 1.21.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:24 AM   #25
Ahougui
User

Ahougui will become famous soon enough (26)

Not exactly sure i want to get WINE, but you can get newgen/grim pack (custom editor) to work by replacing the worldedit.exe (has no icon, is in the wc3 directory), with the v1.21 worldedit.exe.

Thats how i was using WEU till grim started to work on my computer .

Here is my v1.21 world edit.exe

http://rapidshare.com/files/12622680...dedit.exe.html

: Go to the where your maps folder and such is (wc3 directory), find the no icon worldedit.exe, back it up somewhere you'll remember, and then put the one above in the folder.

I highly advise you to back up the v1.22 worldedit.exe i would post it but i haven't updated mine till there is a fix to this patch. Make sure to rename the file to what version it is/folder, or just remember that you have a updated editor ready when the packs work with wc3 editor version again.

The custom editor should work fine now, however dont use the test map option as it will give you a fatal error upon opening wc3.

Edit: noticing everyone see the dota sound update i thought people should see this lol: http://www.blizzard.com/us/jobopp/

If you look at the job req, one of the preferred things they are looking for is someone with experience with they're strategic games "like World of Warcraft, Defense of the Ancients, extra"

Last edited by Ahougui : 07-01-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Ahougui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:44 AM   #26
Here-b-Trollz
Corkscrew Chainsaw!!!

Here-b-Trollz has a spectacular aura about (149)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd Place

Yer a life saver man.

Seriously, can we change the announcement to something like.... 'Logging onto B.net will fuck up your WE.' Seems more logical than 'NEW PATCH ZOMG'

Last edited by Here-b-Trollz : 07-01-2008 at 05:46 AM.
Here-b-Trollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:26 AM   #27
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I should go work for Blizzard. I wonder if I have enough experience or whatever it is they demand of "Defense of the Ancients" adept users.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:30 AM   #28
Pandamanana
User

Pandamanana has little to show at this moment (4)

ya, you and Vex should go beat them into shape :3
Old 07-01-2008, 06:32 AM   #29
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

K, so what I'm getting out of this so far is that patch 1.22 will stop JNGP from working, and there's no way to downgrade to 1.21. (Or is there?)

Guess I won't be using B.net for a while, huh?

And what I'm wondering is if Wc3 won't even open for a few thousand people, and they can't downgrade to 1.21, how will they get 1.22a (which I would assume will be released in order to fix this) from b.net, or even really know it's been released? (Unless they check for it regularly, but still).

What a screw up this was...
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #30
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwulfv
K, so what I'm getting out of this so far is that patch 1.22 will stop JNGP from working, and there's no way to downgrade to 1.21. (Or is there?)
Yes, there is. Move the 1.22 worldedit.exe to a different folder or rename it and download the 1.21 worldedit.exe from Ahougui's post above. Then put the 1.21 in your WC3 folder and run JNGP and it will work properly.