wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-17-2009, 05:23 AM   #346
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

peopel didnt spam trigger questions this time, and there was less overall entries hype :(

plus i havent been much around, and with my absence, the fanbase went somewhere else to mourn.

Alevice.jones is SC2 Beta, losers.

Check out my never updated deviantart gallery!!

Kalimdor Raiders (Race Contest #1) Pastebin Page
Cavern Crawlers (Race Contest #2) Pastebin Page
Airship Race Motherfuckers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Dont solve problems that dont exist.
- Improve the wheel, dont reinvent it.
- Port the wheel if it doesnt exist in your environment.
- Integrate the wheel into your project.
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Alevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-17-2009, 06:07 AM   #347
The Dark One
User

The Dark One will become famous soon enough (25)

I think I am done.
Scorpions of the Flaming Sand.w3x

Now, if some nice person (who will get +rep) would be nice enough to fix the custom race system triggers and maybe (if itís not too much to ask) put the sandman model from this link instead of the revenant model I am using for my sandman and repost the map for me to submit, then Iíd be able to participate with what I think to be a decent race (I think).
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=83799&page=2
http://www.wc3c.net/attachment.php?a...3&d=1149121390

The reasons I am not doing these things myself is because my stupid world editor gives me a load of code errors when I try to enable the custom race system and itís not my fault since it did that even before I even started. As for the sandman, I couldnít find out how to use the model (it didnít work but this is a resource model, so it must be that I did something wrong) and when I asked the good people over here I got IGNORED.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:46 AM   #348
Spellbound
User

Submissions (1)

Spellbound will become famous soon enough (29)

I think you're gonna have to do that yourself because the moment someone does that for you, it'll become a team work :(. At least, that's how I see it. I can't help you with JASS, but the Sandman model is fairly easy to implement. Just remove 'war3imported' in front of every .blp files you import, and chose either LowRes or HighRes, and delete that. Save your map, and voila. Use the LowRes because HiRes will make your map go over the size limit.

Last edited by Spellbound : 09-17-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Spellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #349
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

For the trigger thing, remember you need to have JNGP (Jass NewGen Pack)

Okay, just jasshelper, but that's the most practical distribution of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:37 AM   #350
Anopob
Yay!

Anopob has a spectacular aura about (120)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitedstar
Uh, guys... how much health does your guys' super units have...?
1337. It seems balanced around that number anyway, so it doesn't seem a problem from the tests so far.

Today went by way too fast so it seems I might not actually be able to finish everything that was planned, but at least it works properly and such.

EDIT: My super unit probably is much different than you guys though. It's meant to do quick damage to 'scare off' opponents and then expansion quickly. Unlike pretty much all the other super units I've seen, it's not meant to be a god and kill off all units with 1 hit and such, therefore 1337 is probably too little for any other race's super unit.

EDIT EDIT: Just wondering, what editor version/tools do you guys use? I tried Onslaught, Nomads, and Witches, but none of them appeared in my custom game folder so I had to open up my WE (JNGP 5d) and test game to actually test them out. Opening 2/3 of them said it was in a later version or something like that.
Better Ways of Requesting For Help - Race Contest #2 WIP Thread (Bone Race)
As of December 1st I have my blue rep. Yay :D

Last edited by Anopob : 09-18-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Anopob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:43 AM   #351
The Dark One
User

I submitted my race, I hope you like it.
If Anopob submits and no one else does, does that mean I win third place?

Aleveice, thanks for the help.
Spellbound, it didn’t work (the model fails to load for some reason) so I settled for a yellow revenant, not as cool but works as a sandman well enough. Thanks for the help anyway.

Last edited by The Dark One : 09-18-2009 at 03:46 AM.
The Dark One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:04 AM   #352
Alevice
It feels good

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark One
If Anopob submits and no one else does, does that mean I win third place?

No, it means the contest failed. And hard :(

Not because of your entry, I mean. But rather because of the total lack of entries whatsoever. I just hope many people get to drop surprise entries, but I am not counting much on it. This time the standard for the races was higher, though, so I really can't complain on the amount.

Quote:
Old 09-18-2009, 04:29 AM   #353
cosmicat
Probably AFK

cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)

I'll probably bring the "standard" down when I submit tomorrow. :(
Old 09-18-2009, 04:43 AM   #354
Alevice
It feels good

IO take this means no extensions whatsoever this time. Bah.

Quote:
Old 09-18-2009, 04:57 AM   #355
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I just don't get the feeling from all of the dropouts that an extension would do any good.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:05 AM   #356
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Agrees (Cause I'm one of those dropouts).

I think the extension might reduce interest from these kind of contests IMO.

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:22 AM   #357
cosmicat
Probably AFK

cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)

Yeah, let's just get it all over with tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:31 AM   #358
The Dark One
User

Cosmicat, I already did that for you (Standard down).
And as sad as it is, I agree with the fact that an extension would be useless.

Spellpound, did we do something bad to you? Do you have no feelings towards your fellow humans? Or is it just that you are pure evil? What were you thinking?!

Judging from your submission, it should be along these lines:” I’ll make this ultra cool race with all these special effects and amazing custom abilities and wonderful systems and if that wasn’t enough to screw the other contestants who are foolish enough to think they have a chance, let’s make it super overpowered to help the message across (YOU DO NOT STAND A CHANS! bowhahahahahahahahaha. Now don’t you dare enter a contest ever again)”.

My race has all slandered abilities and no special system what so ever (save for the ritual thingy, which isn’t that impressive and it is not even coded!).
I tested my race against an easy enemy and got my ass kicked, I tested your race against an insane enemy and toyed with him until I got bored and finished him off. And I almost heard him weep and say:” Why? Why? What have I ever done to you? I’ll never play with you ever again bohohohohoho”.
You went too far, way too far.

Now will you reduce the power of your race or should I raise mine? I know it says summon a god, but you shouldn't take it seriously.

I know you thought to honor the competition by giving it your best, but have some mercy for heaven’s sake.

Test reports:
Spectral ascension gives the units a buff that says they are a gold mine (LOL).

Gold coins (which are hilarious by the way) has too much time that they can cross over the map to your base and reveal around them Hunt three gold mines and you get a constant monitoring network (plus gold rush at your base, literally LOL). And the hunted gold mine appears suddenly (no building time) and doesn’t cost food which is wrong on some levels. And even though it says it’s vulnerable when sending money, it isn’t that vulnerable, and when you stop it from sending money it gets 20 armor (20!!!).
The wood gathering system is obviously an attempt to slow the race down as it takes two food and gives you ones of lumber on a night elf wisp pace, But since these weeds are very cheap, I can afford to have twelve of them to get a decent lumber supply and kill them off when I need the food.

And the soul pools give 15 food so I don’t need to wory about it and they heal your units if that isn’t enough.

The healing of the soul pool can sustain the Avatar for long enough for another pool to refill its mana reserve, which means the avatar may never die! And if that wasn’t enough, you gave him the ability to take three times the max life of a friendly unit (one death pawn can fill two thirds of the avatar’s health) and he has five fortified armor! And 155 chaos attack which can be increased by 40 if it didn’t feel enough to you!) and he has splash damage to boost. And if you think you can stop him with a spell of sorts, too bad, he has spell immunity. And if by a miracle someone did manage to destroy it, you can have a backup idol completely fed and waiting for you to instantaneously turn him into the next avatar. At least make it so that it takes time before then next one is born. The only thing left was for you to type “whosyourdaddy”.

It’s really cool, but really overpowered.

Last edited by The Dark One : 09-18-2009 at 06:40 AM.
The Dark One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #359
Spellbound
User

Submissions (1)

Spellbound will become famous soon enough (29)

Maybe I just suck at melee, but vs insane opponents I can get killed pretty easily if I'm not careful. Well I do win sometimes, but just sometimes. They even killed my Avatar. It tried keeping them as powerful but by really increasing their price... maybe shoulda made the basic units much more expensive...

Late game you got so much money that I had to add an upkeep check. Oh, and btw to prevent the Gold Coin rush, I made the Treasure Rift (Soul Pool's upgrade) a viable drop-point for gold. The best would have been to remove the coin's collision while restricting them to normal pathing like any other ground unit, but I had no clue how to do that...

This is actually the first map I ever finish, and I was somewhat in a hurry, which is my only excuse for not posting more betas than 1. I hope the overpoweredness of my race won't disqualify me! Thnx for the sorta review.

PS: i should have made Soul Pools much more expensive than that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark One
Spellpound, did we do something bad to you? Do you have no feelings towards your fellow humans? Or is it just that you are pure evil? What were you thinking?!

Judging from your submission, it should be along these lines:” I’ll make this ultra cool race with all these special effects and amazing custom abilities and wonderful systems and if that wasn’t enough to screw the other contestants who are foolish enough to think they have a chance, let’s make it super overpowered to help the message across (YOU DO NOT STAND A CHANS! bowhahahahahahahahaha. Now don’t you dare enter a contest ever again)”.

I lol'd :D

EDIT: Okay, now I'm really worried. I had some time to tweak things but no ideas came to mind until now, after I've submitted. I can see many ways to make my race better, but it's too late now, isn't it? I guess if I do find the time later, I will make a nerfed version of my race.

Last edited by Spellbound : 09-18-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Spellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #360
cosmicat
Probably AFK

I think balance is the least of most people's worries; some of us are still trying to make a race that's halfway functional within the next 12 hours.

The way I see it, race coolness is way more important than numbers. Particularly in the case of object data and global constants, if the strength of the race can easily be changed, it's "balanceable" whether it's actually balanced or not.

Last edited by cosmicat : 09-18-2009 at 03:28 PM.
cosmicat is offline   Reply With Quote