wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Warcraft Editing Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #61
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

I don't know if I will make VJASS after all, you know , it is still impractical even if Pipedream finds a way to call a program at the time of saving a map instead of when using test map it is still too much of a problem to say "if you want to use the caster system download this WE addon", the whole lot of JASS people have been pissed at GUI people releasing stuff that requires WEU and now we will want to do something similar, better intentions perhaps but it is still the same problem. Also since it seems Karukef is going to do something I can't stand the risk of adding a compatibility nightmare to JASS.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-10-2006, 01:14 AM   #62
Deckname
User

Submissions (1)

Deckname has little to show at this moment (0)

I think there is a bug in the options:

Options->Editor->Gutter Color->Select Custom-> Select a (user defined) color in the second line

A Error-MessageBox ("list index out of bounds") pops up.
Deckname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:43 PM   #63
UnMi
User

Submissions (1)

UnMi is on a distinguished road (18)

This is one of those must-haves for every Mapper, thank you.
But there is one thing has been stalking me since long, though I tried hard to ignore it:
Auto-Function kinda changes every "or " or "and " into Or(boolexpr,boolexp)/And(boolexpr,boolexpr), which is very annoying.

Last edited by UnMi : 10-03-2006 at 11:44 PM.
UnMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:07 PM   #64
Zoxc
( ~)>

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Zoxc is just really nice (312)Zoxc is just really nice (312)Zoxc is just really nice (312)

Yes.. you may turn that off in options.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:18 PM   #65
UnMi
User

Submissions (1)

UnMi is on a distinguished road (18)

But the Auto-Function is very useful expect for that.
UnMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:51 AM   #66
Iead
User

Iead has little to show at this moment (0)

Hi. I am currently using the old Jass Shop Pro v1.4.3.4 because the latest version of JassCraft has a few issues. When you use ctrl f to find, it doesn't focus the text box. This is a little annoying because everything i want to search, i have to use the mouse to focus on the search box. The other thing, in that old version, i could drag a map into the window and it would open the war3map.j file in it. Can this functionality be restored? I'm more interested in the search focus issue being fixed though.
Iead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #67
Greenspawn
User

Greenspawn has little to show at this moment (0)

Default errors or bugs

question

does JassCraft cause any fatal errors or bugs with WC3 or the World Editor?

like, say you import a certain script into your map. Will that cause the world editor to crash or the map to be damaged or destroyed or make the gameplay really messed up?
Greenspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:37 PM   #68
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Jasscraft doesn't import any script to world editor....

now if you have errors in your JASS script, world editor will crash, this is because blizzard's developers didn't really care to test the compiler, they thought the limited and awful GUI with memory leaks was enough for the users.

You can use WEHelper which in theory stops the crashes.
Faster != more useful
Old 11-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #69
KeeperMustDie
User

KeeperMustDie has little to show at this moment (0)

Zoxc how I understend You created JassCraft and Jass Shop Pro, but why You just dont updated one of them? In JassCraft I missing some things wich is in Jass Shop Pro, but in Jass Shop Pro I missing some things that is in JassCraft ;), how understend that?
KeeperMustDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:53 PM   #70
Zoxc
( ~)>

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Zoxc is just really nice (312)Zoxc is just really nice (312)Zoxc is just really nice (312)

Jass Shop Pro was created by eGust, I helped later on. It had/has a cheap feel, but works. JassCraft aka. Jass Shop Pro 2 or "NewJazz" was made to get rid of many bad things in JSPs structure like external config application, cheap GUI.

My goal since the start this summer was too get a nice editor inside the World Editor. I also started on World Editor Helper and tried to make a Save optimized map... button in World Editor. Then I got the idea to remake the World Editor. The progress of that you may thread in a few threads. Later on I tried to make a standard for World Editor hacks with a new World Editor Helper which didn't hit through.

After working on my map editor for a while I got a idea on how to use VCL inside WE, and it worked so I reopenen World Editor Helper. I added a few fancy things there. Then I learned about IAT patching and bang World Editor Helper just got alot leeter. I tried to get a nice editor inside WE again. For now I've only managed to get a working read-only editor there. (changes don't get saved).

I was hoping to get my map editor done with trigger editing soon so I don't have to update JassCraft. (It's really bad for preprocessing also).

and to answer you're question I've been busy and/or unable to fix the bugs in JassCraft. Also I've left many of the programming frameworks JassCraft use.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:14 AM   #72
xombie
Banned

xombie has a spectacular aura about (79)xombie has a spectacular aura about (79)xombie has a spectacular aura about (79)

How did you add those [+] [-] boxes to your function/endfunction so that you could "minimize" a function? I can't seem to get that to work.
xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:59 PM   #73
SFilip
reenignE

SFilip has a spectacular aura about (111)SFilip has a spectacular aura about (111)SFilip has a spectacular aura about (111)SFilip has a spectacular aura about (111)

Send a message via MSN to SFilip

Zoxc since you seemingly stopped developing this, how about releasing the source? Or at least certain parts such as the one which messes with the trigger editor?
SFilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:47 AM   #74
chovynz
User

chovynz has little to show at this moment (0)

I have a suggestion for JassCraft. Can you make it so we can print out pages in the selected color scheme?
chovynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:34 AM   #75
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Isn't that a job for actual text editors? You can use gvim and the .vim file(s) in my signature...
Faster != more useful