wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Warcraft Editing Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2006, 04:26 PM   #46
Zoxc
( ~)>

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Zoxc is just really nice (312)Zoxc is just really nice (312)Zoxc is just really nice (312)

*Update*

Fixed blu_da_noob's error, don't know if Daminon's was the same.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:20 PM   #47
grupoapunte
User

grupoapunte has little to show at this moment (3)

Default Excelent Program man! Congrats!

Wow man this editor is incredible, this is the motivation i needed to learn JASS.

I dont know if this is a bug but im having problems to save my map after editing it, im trying to fix a few triggers (fixing memory leaks) so what i do is open my unprotected map in JassCraft and edit war3map.j when i try to save it i get this msg:
---------------------------
JassCraft
Access violation at address 100082FB in module 'SFmpq.dll'. Read of address 00000163.
Aceptar

Any idea? do i have to open the world editor and coopy paste the new trigger instead of editing in JassCraft and saving?

Thanks.
grupoapunte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:36 AM   #48
Uareanoob
User

Uareanoob has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via AIM to Uareanoob Send a message via MSN to Uareanoob

umm can you use this ith out WE on? then copy and paste in in the WE?
Uareanoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:50 AM   #49
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uareanoob
umm can you use this ith out WE on? then copy and paste in in the WE?

Exactly.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:03 AM   #50
ZeroXDelta
User

ZeroXDelta has little to show at this moment (0)

Now I'm gonna try to learn JASS, cuz when I open a map like Hero Line Wars ROC i feel stupid when i see the JASS, I'm gonna DL right now, and see what i can do tomorrow
ZeroXDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #52
buttoxide
User

buttoxide has little to show at this moment (4)

Question

I've got a question, how do I make sure global variables custom functions I have in other triggers in the world editor not cause syntax errors when I check syntax? There seems to be a limit on the number of letters in the syntax checker box so I can't find my errors that are at the bottom of the script because the character limit is over.

Like get rid of those:

Undeclared variable: udg_GeneralCache
Undeclared function H2I

and etc.

My only regret in map-making is that I didn't learn JASS earlier.
buttoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 05:59 PM   #53
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

declare them temporarily

or import your whole war3map.j file.

Alevice.jones is SC2 Beta, losers.

Check out my never updated deviantart gallery!!

Kalimdor Raiders (Race Contest #1) Pastebin Page
Cavern Crawlers (Race Contest #2) Pastebin Page
Airship Race Motherfuckers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Dont solve problems that dont exist.
- Improve the wheel, dont reinvent it.
- Port the wheel if it doesnt exist in your environment.
- Integrate the wheel into your project.
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.

Last edited by Alevice : 08-04-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Alevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:10 AM   #54
Daelin
Kelani Mage

Submissions (48)

Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)Daelin is a glorious beacon of light (474)

Hero Contest - First place

I just noticed that "code" type is not highlighted. Maybe you should fix that!

~Daelin

Daelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:35 AM   #55
Deckname
User

Submissions (1)

Deckname has little to show at this moment (0)

JassCraft is really helpful for me. Thanks for developing it!

What I am missing:
- c++ defines (for debugging)
- a LINE_NUMBER-,a FILE- and a FUNCTION macro (like in c++) for asserts and error messages
- c++ #include so you dont have to work on one big file. The "copy script to WEU/Clipboard" function could just insert the files where the include command is. Another useful thing would be if i could define globals in every file and when i use the "copy script to WEU/Clipboard" the globals in each file will be merged to one big global section.
- an inline prefix for functions

What should be fixed:
- sometimes the syntax checker freezes, i couldnt figure out why :( (but i guess thats not your part)
- i have problems when starting jasscraft as normal user because jasscraft writes to the registry (i think its the "register file extension" thing) when saving the options after modifying them and needs admin rights.
Deckname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:01 AM   #56
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckname
What I am missing:
- c++ defines (for debugging)
- a LINE_NUMBER-,a FILE- and a FUNCTION macro (like in c++) for asserts and error messages
- c++ #include so you dont have to work on one big file. The "copy script to WEU/Clipboard" function could just insert the files where the include command is. Another useful thing would be if i could define globals in every file and when i use the "copy script to WEU/Clipboard" the globals in each file will be merged to one big global section.
- an inline prefix for functions

most of these stuff would need the language to support them. JASSCraft is just an advanced text editor (not sure if it would be right to call it an IDE), so all features have to be already supported by the WC3 engine.

While the globals section exist, I really wouldn't suggest them being supported by the copy to we feature, it would be much more painful to implement than just load your war3map.j directly into teh program.

Defines have to be declared at common.j to the best of my knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:48 AM   #57
Deckname
User

Submissions (1)

Deckname has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
most of these stuff would need the language to support them. JASSCraft is just an advanced text editor (not sure if it would be right to call it an IDE), so all features have to be already supported by the WC3 engine.
No, all the stuff would be possible with the current jass and a precompiler. But ok, perhaps it is not a feature of the editor.
In my opinion the editor is nearly(intellisense is missing partly but i can survive without) finished (that means its in a state where i can work with and miss no feature, there only has to be some bugfixing). The things mentioned in my post above would add new features wich would have to be integrated in the editor. I dont know if the author of the editor just wants to develop the editor or those other features too.

Quote:
While the globals section exist, I really wouldn't suggest them being supported by the copy to we feature, it would be much more painful to implement than just load your war3map.j directly into teh program.
Yeah, you are right. i forgot that the WE hides the global section -.-
But the advantage of the multiple global sections is, that you can divide your code into modules which make the code more readable. the multiple global sections would go together with the #include feature. I think it is no overkill to implement that. afaik the global section contains no function calls. that means every global section of a *.j file which would be included through the #include command could be split into the function part and the globals part. then, in the output file all the global sections are combined to one big global section which is inserted at the beginning, after the global section the functions are inserted (in the order of the include commands).

Quote:
Defines have to be declared at common.j to the best of my knowledge.
What do you mean with defines here?
Natives and constants and some global constants(and variables?) are defined in the common.j
What i mean with defines is a simple text replacement language:
Code:
#define assert(a) if((a)==false) call AssertionFailedNotification(#a)
Used like this:
Code:
function blub takes nothing returns nothing
    assert(17==3)
endfunction

Will be preprocessed to:
Code:
function blub takes nothing returns nothing
    if((17==3)==false) call AssertionFailedNotification("17==3")
endfunction

PS: i think the inline prefix can be skipped. an optimizer(like vexorians) can figure out on its own which functions should be inlined.

Edit2:

Ah,another feature:
- A refactoring tool (rename function, rename variable)

Last edited by Deckname : 09-07-2006 at 03:59 AM.
Deckname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:03 AM   #58
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)

I'm using a few lines of ruby for including until karukef releases his tool (which does global merging):
Code:
while gets
	if $_.match("^#include") then
		fn = $_.scan(/[\w\.]+/)
		system("ruby include.rb < #{fn[1]}")
	else
		print $_
	end
end

C macros are an abomination. Including #include.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:29 AM   #59
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

hey #include and #define are fine. Thanks.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:10 AM   #60
Alevice
It feels good

Quote:
No, all the stuff would be possible with the current jass and a precompiler. But ok, perhaps it is not a feature of the editor.
In my opinion the editor is nearly(intellisense is missing partly but i can survive without) finished (that means its in a state where i can work with and miss no feature, there only has to be some bugfixing). The things mentioned in my post above would add new features wich would have to be integrated in the editor. I dont know if the author of the editor just wants to develop the editor or those other features too.

Ah, you wanted a precompiler. Well, I think vexorian was working on making some precompiler-based additions, mainly for c-style structs/classes, but I think you can poke him for anotehr features.

Quote:
#define

Ah, the macro! :P I was mixing it up with typedef.

Quote: