wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > Tutorials for beginners
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-01-2007, 10:07 PM   #16
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

I don't know, is this finished already?
There are some broken [hr]600[/hr] tags in it and the images are tiny.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:04 PM   #17
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

Yes, the main body of the tutorial is done, you can use it freely. Don't worry, it won't crash anything.
What i need to do, is resize all images.
And the [hr]600[/hr] is a code, that should be a normal line separating the different sections .. mmm gotta figure that out ...

edit:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____

you mean like that ^ ?

Yes just like that, what code diod you use ?

EDIT: Well, With the image problem solved, i just have to finish the [hr]600[/hr] code to the lines (could some1 plz tell the the dam code !?) i create some links.
The tutorial is piratically done, it just needs to be approved and just needs a few more comments (i think)

EDIT EDIT: No1 told the code for the line, so i decided to create a line myself.
With problem solved, the only thing that remains is images ... i notest that i have to change the order of some of them.
I will soon change the title.
I also added a "Hidde" to the Creators Note section, as ti is not necessary, but optional.
My tutorial is nearlly done =)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: The End !! Well, my tutorial is complete now. Just finished everything.
I would like to add some [GoTo] tags, but this site doesn't have them.
The tutorial is ended and i hope you learn something from it...
I would now like to see it be moved from submit section to another section (not grave).
If you have any questions, or any ideas, please post them and i will do my best to make a better tutorial.
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 09-08-2007 at 11:27 AM.
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:08 AM   #18
TheSecretArts
Galaxy Scripter

Submissions (2)

TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)TheSecretArts will become famous soon enough (38)

Send a message via AIM to TheSecretArts Send a message via MSN to TheSecretArts Send a message via Yahoo to TheSecretArts

so much for not double posting... The tavern system's are outdated and we need to create newer better versions of selection. I say this one selection system that rocked me away. It had some cool camera angles and things. It was used in one of the LotR maps, and it was amazing. I think it was single player though. What I'm trying to say is, rather than re-iterate the already well known, take a dive into something new and unexplored and share with the community something new that EVERYONE will gain from, not just newbs who are too lazy to try anything that requires time and/or patience.

EDIT: GoTo would require HTML turned on and to use <a> tags. But they aren't so it probably isn't possible.

Last edited by TheSecretArts : 07-16-2007 at 12:12 AM.
TheSecretArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:41 AM   #19
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

... I kindof regret annoyin the creator of the tutorial before, Secret you should really tkae this into consideration thats it is for WE - noobs...

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:42 PM   #20
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Well, i must face you guys are correct - this is a tutorial for noobs .. so does it mean that you will reject this tutorial ?? This forum does HAVE a section to help noobs doesn't it ? and btw, i warn people about that in the creators note.

Anyway i don't understand why are you guys going to teach pros ... pros don't need real help, need indication, teaching noobs is much more difficult. And as i also said before, the taverns system may be old but it will never be outdated as it is one of the easiest and most common system in many maps. As "Shadow fear" says in one of his articles in world editor tutorials website, one of the keys to good map making success is to "start small", This means that new map makers can't and shouldn't use advanced systems in their maps like vexorian with jass and others. This way this system will never be outdated - it will eventually be replaced by experient map makers, but for new map makers it is and it will always be a good choice, as it is easy to understand and easy to create.

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 08-02-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:17 PM   #21
botanic
User

Submissions (2)

botanic will become famous soon enough (41)botanic will become famous soon enough (41)

Send a message via AIM to botanic

something you might want to add is the use of a item replacement system to buy heros. This is effective for managing memory usage with large amounts of heros.

If you dont get what i mean check http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=92484
Quote:
Originally Posted by botanic
I think we established that
botanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:05 AM   #22
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

You took the time to polish your tutorial and I guess it will be a good start for newbies.
*approved*
Old 08-26-2007, 01:50 AM   #23
PsykieKILLA
User

Submissions (2)

PsykieKILLA has little to show at this moment (4)

I liked it. Previously, I had a hero tavern buy system, but I had to make one for each individual player. I didn't know you could make a global one. Thank you.

+Rep
Old 09-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #24
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Thx by approving my tut and thx by rep points. I feel much better now that i know my tut was approved, because it was very difficult to convince people that the system i was explaining wasn't a waste of time.

In my opinion, at least the opinion i have from the replies most of you did, is that this site has so many professionals in it, that i doesn't accept noobs.
I had lots of trouble to make this tutorial be accepted. Thx for approving it.

And psiykie, it alwys good to knwo that our job DOES help some people =)
You comment is worths more than 100000 rep points =)

PS: sry for late comment, was on Holidays =P

EDIT: Well sry for double posting. I deleted double posts and got them all into 1 huge post. Also fixed some stuff in my tut.

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 09-08-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:03 AM   #25
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Guys, does anyone know how i can make links in my tutorial ??? Like link the title to the section, and use lines as a code ??? plz ??
Also where do i find the vBcode tutorial you guys use in this website ???
Old 09-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #26
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Phoenix
Guys, does anyone know how i can make links in my tutorial ??? Like link the title to the section
You mean anchors?

Like so:

Hello Dumbnuts

Bla bla bla Bla bla bla Bla bla bla Bla bla bla Bla bla bla

Hello Dumbnuts - Down here!

Code:
[goto=1]Hello Dumbnuts[/goto]

[label]1[/label]
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:11 PM   #27
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Thx by the help, some how i don't understand why the vBcode here is different form the vBcode in THW

EDIT: Guys i have finally added the links =) now you can see my tutorial by clicking on the index =) much better now =)

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 09-12-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #28
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Units cannot be create at map initialization, so we will create our Circle when the game time is 0.01 seconds.
Please remove such misinformation from your tutorial, units can so be created at map init.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:08 PM   #29
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

mmmm, the map is innitialized before the loading time is complete, thus the units are only created when the game time is 0.01.

The information i provide is correct, but i understand some people may understand it in the wrong way, so i will change that setence as soon as i can.

EDIT i can NOT find where that line is ...so i can't change it ... anyway, i explain that here, so if people read my posts they will understand. Please next time you find an error, tell me where it is.
I won't change the line.

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 10-06-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #30
sYsOp
User

sYsOp has little to show at this moment (0)

Thank you for the great tutorial.
sYsOp is offline   Reply With Quote