wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-15-2007, 07:32 PM   #16
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

@zycat:
1 little difficult to judge this in amai, 2 can do fine, 3 since 2.50 is possible to get working fine, 4 easy peasy, 5: heck no way i'm listing every single damn function and document it and dont even mention variables in that equation. I have tried to comment as i go of what functions do in the actual scripts and that will improve over time. Just look in the common.eai file for a list of functions.

But it will be easy to link this into the harrass job system. I fixing bugs though first with that and i bet after that such a hero harrass would be more feasible to implement.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #17
shadowstrike
User

shadowstrike has little to show at this moment (4)

reactive means passive and it means more units idle in game and it's really un interesting. Cos Actually I just watch two computer player play the game and I see their troops doing nothing in middle of the game...lol have to stop it cus I don't know when this gonna end.

I don't care about heros creeping, all I need is the AI plays the game fast and fearlessly destroy enemy base and with great macro and micro action and reaction...hehe which AMAI already done that even with minor limitation which still can be enhanced.
shadowstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:48 PM   #18
Zycat
User

Zycat has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowstrike
reactive means passive and it means more units idle in game and it's really un interesting. Cos Actually I just watch two computer player play the game and I see their troops doing nothing in middle of the game...lol have to stop it cus I don't know when this gonna end.

I don't care about heros creeping, all I need is the AI plays the game fast and fearlessly destroy enemy base and with great macro and micro action and reaction...hehe which AMAI already done that even with minor limitation which still can be enhanced.

No not really, only the unit building is reactive. All others are not. What map was that?
Zycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:52 PM   #19
shadowstrike
User

It was in gnoll wood map.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:03 PM   #20
Zycat
User

Zycat has little to show at this moment (0)

Strange, I don't detect any anomalies at all (they still attack and creep). This makes me wonder. Post the replay(s) and any other comments inside the map testing section please.

Last edited by Zycat : 02-15-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Zycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:11 PM   #21
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

@shadowstrike: If your feeling up to it could you have a look and see what you think of night elfs play in the updated tech build (Find on AMAI download page)
I've merged some of your ideas and also the druid strategy is great and has replaced the default druid strategy.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:50 PM   #22
shadowstrike
User

@Strategy Master

I've tested AMAI 2.51 techical build, it's great!
here is my opinion
1. I like the way NE put their moon wells, this way they never gonna get stuck (* hehe that was my idea...lol!)
2. Expansions.. It's great now they can conquer the map by owning all the possible expansions like human player would have done!.
3. Due to NE weak peasants, they need to build more than one ancient protector and should be build right after they built the hunters hall (build one after 2 or 3 moon wells would be perfect). Because two ghouls harrasing can be a big trouble for defenseless NE at early games.
4. Guess now they have everything to get the game plays more challenging....!

It just one thing that still bothers me is if our goal to get AMAI so smart and hard to beat and getting amai players like pro!!, We have to tune up strategies so they can get so strong for the human player to beat em.

I have two replay :
1. Standard AMAI 2.51 Technical Build - Play plain simple and weak game.
2. Edited AMAI 2.51 Technical Build - this show how NE can go rough and play fast killing game. (I include the amai executables to view this replay correctly)

Now I am trying to get the undead stronger and working on their strategies and their start up.
question :
Does the Undead Hero has a micro problem like Lich King with his dark ritual and DK with his death pact ? well banshee's possession would be still kinda hard to apply wouldn't it?
Attached Files
File Type: w3g standard amai 2.51 TB.w3g (74.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: w3g Edited amai 2.51 TB.w3g (76.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: zip AMAI 2.51 TB FURIOS NE EDITION TFT.zip (672.6 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by shadowstrike : 02-16-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:31 PM   #23
shadowstrike
User

@zycat

I'm sorry Now, my interest is only to AMAI development I've been following it's development since 2004 (wonder how this site still has my post back in feb 2004 :P) and been missing alot of upgrades in the last 2 years.

I even thought AMAI development had ended because of AI Andy leaving and just found out that it was not thanks to Strategy Master

AMAI could be one of the best melee A.I can be found in WC game and I think we all should help by sharing ideas at least to enhance it.

Last edited by shadowstrike : 02-16-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #24
Eyepoke
User

Eyepoke has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via AIM to Eyepoke

gj shadow strike i will check it out tell ya waht i think

keep up the good work i love testing this stuff

Unit Type: Mechanical
Attack Type: Siege*/Pierce
Weapon Type: Missile*/Instant
Armor Type: Heavy
Armor: 2 (8*)
Ground Attack: 7.5 avg*
(12 avg*)
Eyepoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:44 PM   #25
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

@shadowstrike: The race_aggression changes will not do too much apart from elf more willing to attack even if they are not strong enough. And could make a profile like crazy_rusher be really crazy and attack non stop.

Edit - Did a little changes to night elf towers so more likly to build early at time stated if amai thinks its in a position to be rushed or harrassed.

Last edited by Strategy Master : 02-20-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Strategy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:16 AM   #26
shadowstrike
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategy Master
@shadowstrike:
Edit - Did a little changes to night elf towers so more likly to build early at time stated if amai thinks its in a position to be rushed or harrassed.

yup that's good, its often NE got wasted in early game because of that.

I think to improve AMAI in team games is to know how AMAI decide to use strategy : for example if one of the ally choose strategy by massing air units then the other one choose strategy with mostly ground units or caster units..etc.

Currently I think they only choose strategy base on the base rp value.

Last edited by shadowstrike : 02-21-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #27
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

Two Optional Build Sequences for AMAI 2.53

These may or may not enhance the elf and human build sequences. They are pretty much untested.

To use you must have the DE edition. Then replace in TFT\Elf\BuildSequence.ai and TFT\Human\BuildSequence.ai.

Now just compile and you will use those two optional strategies.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z OptionalHuElfStrategy.7z (5.5 KB, 8 views)