wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Samples
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #151
azwraith_ftL
User

azwraith_ftL has little to show at this moment (4)

For some reason AMHS causes my map to crash when used with emjlr3's Hero Selection System. Is it because of some conflict between the two systems? I'm sure I haven't done any mistakes in AMHS implementation so maybe it's just some sort of a bug. Maybe you could run a few tests and fix the problem? (I mean if the problem isn't just for me.. But I'm sure I haven't screwed anywhere)
Old 06-30-2008, 10:09 PM   #152
DreamRaider
User

DreamRaider has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via MSN to DreamRaider

Maybe u didn't read about teh nature of AMHS how u cannot use certain stuff. Read the manuel carefully.

Creator of Naruto vs Bleach
DreamRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:05 AM   #153
PandaMine
Panda > You

Submissions (4)

PandaMine has a spectacular aura about (96)PandaMine has a spectacular aura about (96)PandaMine has a spectacular aura about (96)PandaMine has a spectacular aura about (96)

Send a message via MSN to PandaMine

Quote:
Originally Posted by azwraith_ftL
For some reason AMHS causes my map to crash when used with emjlr3's Hero Selection System. Is it because of some conflict between the two systems? I'm sure I haven't done any mistakes in AMHS implementation so maybe it's just some sort of a bug. Maybe you could run a few tests and fix the problem? (I mean if the problem isn't just for me.. But I'm sure I haven't screwed anywhere)

The most common cause of a crash is when people put an invalid object id into the register functions (it causes the map to crash as soon as it loads)
Old 07-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #154
d07.RiV
User

Submissions (1)

d07.RiV is on a distinguished road (10)

hi
I've been playing around with the system again, because it has a big problem with buildings.
I got building shadows already (you need to create new textures for them because the original ones are like 9x9 and they don't have a transparent border). But the buildings dissappear once you lose sight of them - which is not what should happen. Originally the buildings become fogged. You can do that by adding a "revealed" variable to the structures and set it if the unit is visible and is a building. Then next time if the unit is not visible but is "revealed", then consider it visible. It works/looks fine.
Also I think you can use image type 4 instead of 2 (ubersplat instead of indicator). It seems to work (no idea why all the guides say only 2 works, maybe there IS some problem I didn't notice), and its really great because it works properly with terrain (the shadows don't go in front of the terrain) and they consider lighting (that's not really important unless you have images that might be fogged).

Now another problem: if you enable "Select units" in SF mh, you will be able to see HP bars and freely select units, so the trick with making unit scale huge and negative doesn't work (I tried it with your original map).

Last edited by d07.RiV : 07-04-2008 at 09:01 PM.
d07.RiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:13 AM   #155
PandaMine
Panda > You

Submissions (4)

PandaMine has a spectacular aura about (96)PandaMine has a spectacular aura about (96)PandaMine has a spectacular aura about (96)PandaMine has a spectacular aura about (96)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d07.RiV
hi
I've been playing around with the system again, because it has a big problem with buildings.
I got building shadows already (you need to create new textures for them because the original ones are like 9x9 and they don't have a transparent border). But the buildings dissappear once you lose sight of them - which is not what should happen. Originally the buildings become fogged. You can do that by adding a "revealed" variable to the structures and set it if the unit is visible and is a building. Then next time if the unit is not visible but is "revealed", then consider it visible. It works/looks fine.
Also I think you can use image type 4 instead of 2 (ubersplat instead of indicator). It seems to work (no idea why all the guides say only 2 works, maybe there IS some problem I didn't notice), and its really great because it works properly with terrain (the shadows don't go in front of the terrain) and they consider lighting (that's not really important unless you have images that might be fogged).

Now another problem: if you enable "Select units" in SF mh, you will be able to see HP bars and freely select units, so the trick with making unit scale huge and negative doesn't work (I tried it with your original map).

With that HP bar problem, thats what I am currently trying to fix (it might be unfixible, currently im working on unit position natives to move the unit around to try and hide the HP bar)

With that image type being 4, I wish you would have told me that earlier I spent a day trying to get shadows working properly with the terrain

As with the building shadows, send me the code so I can have a look at it. I wanted to leave it till last
Old 07-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #156
Frozenhelfire
User

Frozenhelfire has little to show at this moment (0)

This is probably because I missed something in the readme, but I put in the unit scales for all the units in the library, but when I upgrade a structure and the scales change, it doesn't grow/shrink like it should.
Frozenhelfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:15 AM   #157
PandaMine
Panda > You

Submissions (4)

Yeah there is a problem with buildings, im trying to fix it
Old 07-08-2008, 04:05 AM   #158
Frozenhelfire
User

Just trying to brainstorm here, but for the HP bars, I know their skins are changable, so just make there not be a skin and create a unit that looks like an hp bar. That appears to be my only solution other than moving the MHers screen away.

Last edited by Frozenhelfire : 07-08-2008 at 04:08 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:01 AM   #159
d07.RiV
User

Submissions (1)

Also, if you detect that a unit in player's selection is not visible to that player, does it necessarily mean that he MH's and you can safely crash/drop them? (because there's no way to pass this information to other players).
And get on msn plz ><

Basically building shadows are non-square non-power-of-2 transparent textures with a red pixel in the place where building center will be. You have to convert them to normal square power-of-2 textures with no red pixel and transparent border. I'm using 30 units per texture pixel and multiply alpha by 3/5 but it still looks a little different from wc3 textures.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #160
PandaMine
Panda > You

Submissions (4)

HP bars have no relation to the model at all, they are just a seperate image that is placed above the models head.

EDIT: I was on msn but you never reply....

Last edited by PandaMine : 07-08-2008 at 08:56 AM.
PandaMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #161
Frozenhelfire
User

So are you thinking of making an independent system for displaying these? What I meant is you can customize hp bars, in this case it would probably be a blank image with an engine to display a blp over the unit to function as the hp bar.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #162
d07.RiV
User

Submissions (1)

I saw a system for custom HP bars, it simply created a floating text consisting of apostrophes ' and it looked all right.
But HP bars are not the only problem, red selection circle and red cursor also appear when you move the mouse over the unit, maybe its not so much of a problem but with -1000..-1000000000 scaling value red cursor will appear almost anywhere on the screen (and selection circle appears where it should be).
Old 07-09-2008, 02:05 AM   #163
PandaMine
Panda > You

Submissions (4)

I didn't have any issues with the selection, with -100->-10000000 scaling the selection scale makes the circle unselectable (I did testing with other values and it was with 1000->100000000 that bloated the selection scale to such a huge size that any click selected the hero)

With the HP bars, im messing around with unit flight. Im seeing if quickly moving the unit into the air at 5000 units and then back again gives the illusion of removing the HP bar
Old 07-11-2008, 08:05 AM   #164
d07.RiV
User

Submissions (1)

I have implemented this in my map quite a while ago (the original 5.2 version only with bugfixes) and I had some problems when I recently thought I'd finish the map.
First of all, the shadows will always appear in replay, even if you have for turned on?? Thats weird.
But I got that when I pressed "test map" and then went to have lunch while the map loaded. When I came back, apparently it detected a replay and the shadows were visible/moving even though fog (I didn't use MH). But probably its because I don't use replay detection properly..

Also, next time when I moved the screen to where the enemy heroes should be, my cursor turned red no matter what part of the screen it was in...
Old 07-11-2008, 03:07 PM   #165
PandaMine
Panda > You

Submissions (4)

Im sorry I haven't been on msn, I have had ISP problems (we are changing internet companies) and because they have to convert our phone line to adsl2+ we were without net for 5 days

Ill speak to you about it tommorow