wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 09:16 PM   #31
Egg
User

Respected User

Egg will become famous soon enough (28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STURMguy22
Why would you delete a tutorial? You would delete something meant to help people just because your personal opinion is that the outcome doesnt look like the intended pattern? It helps someone in some way, even if it doesnt look like rust, its a pretty cool way of making fire designs. Its kind of funny how you go and be a nazi about that tutorial, yet the tutorial on how to add a plastic wrap modifier is ok? I find your judement on what is a "technique" very odd.

No, its the fact that he used a rust texture to create a rust texture (or at least he tried). Thats not a technique. The finished product didn't even look like rust, but thats not the important part. If it was how to apply a texture then it would have made some sence. But he didn't even do that. And the thing about the filters is an actual tip. People don't use thee filters properly most of the time they use it to try to do the literal. He was showing how to use it to improve a texture. Thats all. That texture is only a small part of a larger piece of artwork. The other one that dosen't quite look like leather is still there, and thats because it actually shows something. Even if its syalized.
We want this to be proffesional. Not a bunch of misslabled stuff. If its cool for fire textures. Label it Fire texture.

Over all it made no sense. It was like saying use someone elses ninja skin draw a little on top of it blend it together and say its there ninja skin. He did nothing but alter the origional rust texture.

This disscusion is CLOSED. I will be deleting thest last few post 2maro.

Last edited by Egg : 05-20-2004 at 09:28 PM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-21-2004, 11:17 AM   #32
STURMguy22
User

STURMguy22 is on a distinguished road (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Aware
The rust tutorial is bad, I would rather use the rusted texture in his tut from 3Dcafe then use his tut, I dont see whats up with you dissin the Plastic Wrap tut when its just a quick and simple way to modify and improve the look of some textures, you have no idea of what your talkin about whats wrong with the Plastic Wrap tut anyways?
first of all, learn to use periods. Second, I wasn't dissing the plastic wrap tutorial, I was just saying that if the tutorials had to be based on technique, which is what egg seems to base them on, then the rust tutorial has more technique than a filter application, no matter the outcome.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:39 PM   #33
Egg
User

Respected User

Im going to move the links to the top later ok mantis. Im also going to pot a big pic tittle up there. I like working with you so far this is going to be good.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:14 AM   #34
MantisScreamer
User

MantisScreamer is on a distinguished road (16)

Same here.
Old 05-22-2004, 04:43 AM   #35
FinalTyrant
Intense™

Submissions (2)

FinalTyrant will become famous soon enough (66)FinalTyrant will become famous soon enough (66)FinalTyrant will become famous soon enough (66)

This one I aint so sure about but its okay, JUST ONE THING!!! dont use this for 256x256 skins it doesnt work so only for 512 or higher it will be fine...
I made the tut but the texture didnt turn out right so I made another one of bigger size and its good... you can use the Camo Texture I attached but give some credit to me ;)

NOTE: later ill post a better tut for camo as I know some tricks to make it look better ;)
Zoom (requires log in)

Last edited by Egg : 05-22-2004 at 04:50 AM.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:37 AM   #36
XenoX101
User

XenoX101 has little to show at this moment (0)

Alright, I've made a wood texture tutorial which shows how to make a somewhat realistic wood texture, I used this to make a wall of a mansion for [Death]

Oh yeah, and there is a typo in the forum title, you might want to check that.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:41 AM   #37
Jester-of-Death
User

Jester-of-Death is on a distinguished road (10)

Whats the point of having a tutorials section? To put tutorials in I think...
Old 05-24-2004, 01:11 AM   #38
Egg
User

Respected User

Um this isnt a tut secion these are texture techniques. Whats the point of making a whole tuturial for evey single one. When one of us learns something new we post it.
ill be deleing both these post 2maro
Old 05-24-2004, 01:24 AM   #39
Jester-of-Death
User

You say potato I say potatö. You'll notice the tutorials section does have art techniques and such but I guess you could reply nobody visits there. Whatever...
Old 05-24-2004, 02:15 AM   #40
Egg
User

Respected User

Um everyone visits here NOob me and mantis delete the extra post. Plus this thread is pretty New. Besides i would like to know what you do. Hmmm.
There was also no purpos to putting that first post it was unconstructive. So it is marked as spaming. This is your first warning. 2 more times and ur gone.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:33 AM   #41
Jester-of-Death
User

I meant that nobody visits the tutorials section but that isnt an excuse to have this thread here.
Dont flame and delete my legitimate claims. These are tutorials,otherwise put "techniques" and they go in the tutorials section.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:49 AM   #42
FinalTyrant
Intense™

Submissions (2)

FinalTyrant will become famous soon enough (66)FinalTyrant will become famous soon enough (66)FinalTyrant will become famous soon enough (66)

Why is everyone arguing in this thread when we are just posting Tutorials and everyone is having a go at eachother... Egg your the mod and you have to do more then just delete the bad posts, you have responsibilitys now dont forget what your job is...
Old 05-24-2004, 08:51 PM   #43
MantisScreamer
User

MantisScreamer is on a distinguished road (16)

WE know what our job is.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:19 AM   #44
Egg
User

Respected User

I am aware of my resposiblities. We delete threads here (which everyones aware of) so that this thread stays all tuts. We leave the comment or request or whatever there for a while and then its deleted.

None of the comments legitmate because none of it is constructive. What is being provided to the community by your "comments" jester, I would like to know. This is not flamming but a statement of fact. I will not continue this conversation anymore because then i would be promoting flaming. So it ends here.

as quoted by whitehorn "If you have nothing good to add, then just move along."

Last edited by Egg : 05-25-2004 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:08 AM   #45
Jester-of-Death
User

stop deleting my posts and flaming me
Closed Thread