wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > Modeling Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-21-2004, 03:42 PM   #31
Volatile_Sheep
User

Volatile_Sheep has little to show at this moment (0)

[QUOTE

Unwrapping with LithUnwrap
Save your pyramid ball combo. Make sure you dont export it, but save as. Now save it anywhere with any name. Now open LithUnwrap. Goto 'File > Model > Open' and open your model. There should be many triangles. Thats ok, so dont worry. Now on the right toolbar, press the + beside groups. the select box 01. All the triangles should disappear, and there should be a box with a "/" through it. Now right click on box 01 under groups, and press select. Now right click on the box to the left and press "Scale > Arbitrary...". Click on X0.5 and press the close button. now move your small square to the top right of the grid. Now to the same with sphere 01, but move it to the bottom right. Now save the file as '<name>.3ds'. Then goto 'File > UV Map > Save...' and save it as 'pyraball.bmp' ( you need to save it as this, or you cant use your skin. Make it "Color" And check off "fill" There, now you are done unwrapping.[/quote]

I didt notice any of the triangles dissapear, and when i try to save there doesnt seem to be anywhere where i can "make it colour" and "check off fill".
Volatile_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-21-2004, 10:49 PM   #32
Drake Eternal
User

Drake Eternal has little to show at this moment (0)

:( I'ts not workin. Volatile_Sheep is right.

Quote:
I didt notice any of the triangles dissapear, and when i try to save there doesnt seem to be anywhere where i can "make it colour" and "check off fill".

why doesn't it work.:(
Drake Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 07:27 PM   #33
Volatile_Sheep
User

Volatile_Sheep has little to show at this moment (0)

Another thing, what i get is no pyramid, its a horribly misfigured 3d shape that is useless and confusing. Please make more detailed instructions, there are so many ways one could go wrong in this. btw has anyone got milkshape 1.70 to work? it says i need the latest graphics driver.
Volatile_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 06:28 PM   #34
cowboybill
User

cowboybill has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx
the models im having trouble with are the following,,,,
sephiroth the militia archer the archer looking grunt and the high elf swordmaster(priest looking guy with the 2 swords) and i was wondering if i could get some help,,,, step by step would gelp lots,,,,tnx in advanced

:\ plz help

fed ex, ur not the only one having trouble with importing models. i am also having trouble importing the sephoroth model, and others. the problem is that alot of models have different number of files. the tutorials don't explain which are the important ones to import in the WE.also, it would be great if someone could explain , what the files mean, and which to change to what. and if anyone has gotten the sep model to work plz say how u did it. thx in advance
cowboybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 03:20 AM   #35
The Clap
User

The Clap has little to show at this moment (0)

It worked Kind of. Its late but tommorow I'm going to see if I can't fix the skin. My first sweat model I call it mini me.
The Clap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:28 AM   #36
cowboybill
User

cowboybill has little to show at this moment (0)

I appreciate everything that everyone post, tutorials, skins , models. i am glad that a place like this can provide a good source for moding. but sometimes the tutorials aren't enough , like for example, some tutorials have 1 example of how to do something, like importing a skin, but then when i want to import something else that isn't in a tutorial , its difficult to figure out what i should do cause all skins and models need different patch depending on what they are. So in short, i would just like some to make a list of all the paths needed to import skins, or models for that matter. like the sephoroth model, i don't know what custom path to write, im just guessing most of the time with that one. if anyone can help plz do. ty
cowboybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 03:16 PM   #37
The Clap
User

The Clap has little to show at this moment (0)

Animation didn't work on the model either.
The Clap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 03:40 PM   #38
Frozzt
User

Frozzt has little to show at this moment (0)

Okay now you got the model, but how do you make the Portrait for the model otherwise it gets ****ed up a bit...
Frozzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 12:53 AM   #39
MantisScreamer
User

MantisScreamer is on a distinguished road (16)

I can't seem to get the animation or the uv to work. For the animation only the joint moves around, not the box (is that how its suppost to be?) and when i select the box it still shows everything else. I think this tutorial could have been better written better and have pictures in it to show everyone exactly where they should be. Writer, try to fix this.
MantisScreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:18 PM   #40
Deathwing1989
User

Deathwing1989 has little to show at this moment (0)

Hmmmmm, guys , I've got a question.... How do you make several animations on one model?? It's something like a first time for me to animate and I got wandering how you make the stand, the attack, the death animation on a unit????????
Deathwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:48 PM   #41
LordKarsaburo
User

LordKarsaburo has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
fed ex, ur not the only one having trouble with importing models. i am also having trouble importing the sephoroth model, and others. the problem is that alot of models have different number of files. the tutorials don't explain which are the important ones to import in the WE.also, it would be great if someone could explain , what the files mean, and which to change to what. and if anyone has gotten the sep model to work plz say how u did it. thx in advance

ok i think you are heving trouble with model skins so ill help you out.
Models- when imported all you need to do is remove the wc3imported\ and your set
Skins- With skins it can vary depending on the situation.... a custom skin (witch i htink the seph one is) you save as this following way

(name of 2nd folder within the 1st extracted folder\(name of next one (if 2)\name of next one (if 3)\(name of skin).blp

Example- lkets i download the model called "Karsaburo" and its all custom skins ok i save the model to "karsaburo.mdx" then i look to he skiins... i open my extract folder and see anothe folder called "units", then in units i see "karsaburo" so i open that then i see 2 skins "spear" and "head" so i save head to
"units\karsaburo\head.blp"
and spear to
"units\karsaburo\spear.blp"

This method works for me andd i hope it helps you :8
LordKarsaburo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 12:58 AM   #42
Drake Eternal
User

Drake Eternal has little to show at this moment (0)

dude.... thats not it, importing is the simplest part

now the prob is.... well i accually dont know but it dont work for me
Drake Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 02:06 PM   #43
Mecha_Hydralisk
Lurker

Mecha_Hydralisk has little to show at this moment (0)

I cant seem to get models to work in my map... i even follow the tutorial for doing just that... can someone please help me out here? could you please PM me or something
Mecha_Hydralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:39 AM   #44
HandOfRa
User

HandOfRa has little to show at this moment (0)

He didn't explain the tutorial very well.
Quote:
Save it again. Now open up WC3 Map Utilities. Goto "Plug-ins" and open "(3DS/OBJ) -> MDX Convertor". Now find you "<name>.3ds" file and put it in the first field. Then Goto a folder and save it as "pyraball.mdx".
He didn't say how to convert it into mdx.

May he should rewrite with some fix.
HandOfRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 09:08 AM   #45
Gooi
User

Gooi has little to show at this moment (0)

This tutorial seems interesting, i'll give it a try
Gooi is offline   Reply With Quote