wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > Modeling Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-01-2004, 06:41 PM   #16
Oinkerwinkle
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Oinkerwinkle will become famous soon enough (30)Oinkerwinkle will become famous soon enough (30)

Humm... Look here for instructions.
Oinkerwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-03-2004, 02:03 PM   #17
User

Respected Member

35263526 will become famous soon enough (38)35263526 will become famous soon enough (38)

Oinkerwinkle, thanks!
This tutorial is really helping me do model edits for my map. Who'd have thought model editing was easier in notepad than in Max.
35263526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:07 AM   #18
MartinezTG
User

MartinezTG has little to show at this moment (4)

Thanks for the great tutorial.
Now I won't have to make headless models and attach heads to them by triggers anymore :ggani:

Martinez
MartinezTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 07:00 PM   #19
-={tWiStÄr}=-
User

-={tWiStÄr}=- is on a distinguished road (20)

Quote:
Originally posted by MartinezTG
Now I won't have to make headless models and attach heads to them by triggers anymore :ggani:

lol :ggani: i was gonna use it for knight upgrade thing like normal knight, knight w/ lord garithos stuff, lord garithos but i forgot about bandit lotd :ggani: but i read it anyways, its pretty clear prolly gonna use it later for shield, sword, bow stuff all that. oooooh good idea :D
-={tWiStÄr}=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 09:40 PM   #20
-={tWiStÄr}=-
User

okay... i have it almost done. so far my footman HAS the bow and quiver, AND THEY EVEN ANIMATE WITH HIM! YAY. but they have no texture. i have the whole material texture thing set up right, but it show up black. i have a feeling it has to do with uvw and how it gets exported. but i may be wrong. were are the uvws on the .mdl anyways? are they the normals or something? oh and 1 more thing, when I am making archer_chunks, i split the bow and quiver into 2 different groups.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:39 PM   #21
Oinkerwinkle
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

Oinkerwinkle will become famous soon enough (30)Oinkerwinkle will become famous soon enough (30)

The TVertices control the UV mapping. They should be the same as on what you got them from unless you actually tried to edit them. If you upload what you've done then I can be more specific.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:09 PM   #22
-={tWiStÄr}=-
User

well, ill send you but i know the problem anyways. I split up one of the geosets, and i guess that restarted goesets and all... maybe.
ok so last like 3 geosets i think are messed up the verts are, 307, 8, and i think 24. in the original, the 307 and 24 were combined.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:16 PM   #23
-={tWiStÄr}=-
User

i sent it to you... are you going to look at it?
Old 02-17-2004, 05:52 PM   #24
Bolthan
User

Bolthan has little to show at this moment (0)

Very nice tut! :D

While merging the Acolyte with Mediv I always get this problem:

The head is always 90 ° wrong - I always get the same result! (BTW: animation is fine but head 90 ° wrong).

Anybody know how to fix it? emote_confused
Bolthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:40 PM   #25
-={tWiStÄr}=-
User

hmm... i bet the medivh and acolyte models naturaly face 90 degrees off so, before editing the medivh, rotate it 90 degrees to the left. AND SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 11:16 PM   #26
Oinkerwinkle
User

Respected User

Submissions (1)

-={tWiStÄr}=-, I can't really help you with just the MDL. I can't just look at it and come up with some diagnosis. Upload all the max files you used and I may be able to help.

Bolthan, -={tWiStÄr}=- is right about what you have to do. Just rotate it in max. Be sure to select the induvidual vertices rather than the whole object, though.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:30 AM   #27
-={tWiStÄr}=-
User

ok, heres the .mdls, and .mdxes's er... ya. i think the prob is that i split a geoset, and they lost their texture. and also, i cant figure out how to transfer the animations from the archer to the footman. I looked at the tutorial, and it didnt help :bgrun:

P.S. THIS IS MY FIRST ZIP/RAR FILE IVE EVER MADE :ggani:
Old 02-18-2004, 06:49 AM   #28
Bolthan
User

Hmmm, by reading about your problem I would say you didn't put the new geoset in the last place. If the old one was 307, 24 -> the new one must be 307, 24, 8 -> always put it in the last position.

About my problem -> thanks I will try to change the head before putting it in headless geoset! :D

Now it works - used Iron_Ian's monk skin *just for testing*!

Last edited by Bolthan : 02-18-2004 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:06 PM   #29
-={tWiStÄr}=-
User

huh... first of all, I dont get what ur saying, and second of all, if you mean the order or something, i dont think it really matters....
Old 02-18-2004, 02:14 PM   #30
Bolthan
User

Hmmm - yeah I mean the order - and it matters. It is much more simple when you always put the new one at the end because also the materials must be in the right order. Else a wrong material_id could be used and then you will see nothing! ;)

Looked in your rar file - nice idea with the geset merging + animation transfer but also a little bit complicated. For myself I would first merge and then do the transfer ...

Last edited by Bolthan : 02-18-2004 at 02:29 PM.