wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > Trigger (GUI)/ AI editor Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-04-2003, 12:14 PM   #16
rwxr-xr-x
User

rwxr-xr-x has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vexorian
Some moderator move this to the tutorial forum, This is the most complete Trigger guide I have seen and it is really useful.

Agreed. Unfortunately it's quite long. This would be excellent in a web based format where you were given links, so you could quickly find what you want to find information for, and be taken to it.
rwxr-xr-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-05-2003, 03:29 AM   #17
theJ89
User

Submissions (1)

theJ89 has little to show at this moment (7)

Ok. I'll convert my tutorial to HTML, and sort the pages by Category (Action, Function, Event, Condition). From there, there will be an index at the top of the pages that link to certain parts of them
theJ89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 05:57 PM   #18
theJ89
User

Submissions (1)

Ummm.... one question... what do I do with my HTML pages once they are created?
Old 06-26-2003, 12:00 PM   #19
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Create a new post with a link to the Html file (Upload the Html file to a Web Page first)
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 09:48 PM   #20
theJ89
User

Submissions (1)

Hey, here's an alpha of the HTML version. Half the actions and the functions are not added, and the links on the action page doesnt work.
After you extract the files, open Guidemain to get into the main section.
Ill update this later... whenever. Ill also add TFT trigger info.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:07 PM   #21
Desir
User

Desir has little to show at this moment (0)

Good job man. But, I don't really get dialogs still, and how to set em up... that confuses me, along with the order you said to do the actions in and how to create dialogs and buttons.emote_confused
Desir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 11:37 PM   #22
weaaddar
User

Respected User

Submissions (3)

weaaddar has a spectacular aura about (131)

Stickied to appease the gods of triggering.
weaaddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 11:40 PM   #23
theJ89
User

Submissions (1)

If I have made any mistakes, or haven't covered something, be free to post or pm me.

Also, I'll add the TFT trigger info later on.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:58 PM   #24
theJ89
User

Submissions (1)

Basic Triggering Interface Changes (TFT)
There is a change in interface in TFT. A comment button is added. (little yellow lines). Think of it as creating a normal trigger (page) but all it was for was for comments. Well, basically thats what trigger comments do. You can use em to divide triggers, explain what a set of em do, put credits, ect.

You may also make a folder have a comment icon. Do this by right clicking a folder, and clicking "Category is comment". If you know jass, click on the map icon that is at the top of your category+trigger+trigger comment list and you will have a big, open space where you can write out functions and whatever you need done before triggers are being run.
On a smaller note, The triggers are now broken down so you can access a category of trigger (unit, destructible, floating text, ect) by selecting it. And on a very small note, the last clicked changable option has double underlines.

Last edited by theJ89 : 09-18-2003 at 02:56 AM.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:00 AM   #25
theJ89
User

Submissions (1)

TFT Added Variables
Blizzard can't get enough of these variables huh? Well, here you go!

Floating Text
This is the variable for new floating text. The floating text must be stored in a variable if you want to play around with it. Otherwise, it will fade out in about a minute, give or take. Well, you could use this for many things: Talking overhead characters (diablo 2 anybody?) Sign text, Hitpoints, Ect.

Item-Class
Item Classes define what kind of item an item is. Permanant, One-Time, unique, ect.

Multiboard
This is actually something that will make a table kind of look. You can use multiboards for all kinds of things. Nature's Call, Return of the Dragons, uses multiboards for maze maps (you can have an icon and a value for every multiboard item [cell] in a multiboard), and I am using multiboards to list the stats, inventory, level, ect. of heroes on a map. This comes in handy.
UMSWE Add-In. (See http://wiki.wc3campaigns.com/bin/vie...UMSWE_Modified )
For a map with all multiboard actions in it, go to the link in my signiture.

Multiboard Item
This details specific cells in a multiboard. For example, Cell (0,0) Would be the cell at 1st to the left, 1st to the top. You can use this to remember a cell/ multiboard item that is changed a lot.
UMSWE Add-In. (See http://wiki.wc3campaigns.com/bin/vie...UMSWE_Modified )

Terrain Deformation
These are also very cool! These remember deformations in the terrain, which can be removed, changed or added at will. For real, You can make hills with this and the right trigger, seemingly out of nowhere.

Hero Skill
This variable was already here, but I made it available for triggers so I could record the hero skills learned (necessary for a map a friend and I were doing). You use this to record what skills hero learns. In the map we were making, we used this to record the skills learned, so when an amnesia spell was cast, it disabled a random skill that the hero learned.
Modified UMSWE Add-In. (See http://wiki.wc3campaigns.com/bin/vie...UMSWE_Modified )

Last edited by theJ89 : 09-20-2003 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:59 AM   #26
theJ89
User

Submissions (1)

TFT Event Additions
With the newfound power of the TFT editor, amazing things will happen. Just a small sample of the powerful new editor. All new TFT events:

Game - Game Load
Right after the game is loaded from a saved game, this will make your trigger run.

Game - Game Save
Right after the game is saved, this will make your trigger run.

Player - Keyboard Event
When you press down (or let up) on an arrow key (left, right, up, down), that will cause your trigger to run.

Unit - Generic Unit Event
This will cause the trigger to run if ANY unit does that action.

Last edited by theJ89 : 11-22-2003 at 05:15 PM.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:09 AM   #27
theJ89
User

Submissions (1)

TFT Condition Addition
Surprisingly, there are not very many. Hey look, I rhymed back there.

And, Multiple Conditions
This creates a little sub conditions. All the conditions in the sub conditions must be right for this condition to be true (allow the trigger to go on). Take note that you can only use this in the main view (not like part of an "matching condition" action or anything)

Or, Multiple Conditions
This creates a little sub conditions. If any of the conditions in the sub conditions is true, then this condition will be true. Take note that you can only use this in the main view (not like part of an "matching condition" action or anything)
Old 09-18-2003, 01:23 AM   #28
theJ89
User

Submissions (1)

TFT Action Additions
Many more actions were added to TFT. Observe them here!

Custom Script
Allows you to run a line of JASS code. This is one full line of jass code, no inturruptions or extra stuff added.

Wait (Game-Time)
For use in multiplayer. This will make sure every player waits # of seconds before going on to the next action (it may last a little longer than you want, since it takes a small period for the players to all recieve this.)

Wait For Conditon
Perhaps one of my favorite actions, this action will pause the trigger until a condition is true, checking every few seconds (10ths of a second).

If / Then / Else, Multiple Functions
Makes a sub trigger, so to speak. It must pass though a list of conditions before going to the "Then" actions. Otherwise, it does the "Else" actions.

For Each Integer A, Do Multiple Actions
Does a group of actions using integer a. Starts at a number, stops at a number. You pick.

For Each Integer B, Do Multiple Actions
Does a group of actions using integer b. Starts at a number,
stops at a number. You pick.

For Each Integer Variable, Do Multiple Actions
I found this one cool. It uses a variable instead of "int. a" or "int. b". For each time (starting at a number, stopping at a number) it sets that variable to the respectful repeat number and does a list of actions that you want to use.

For Each Integer Variable, Do Action
The one action sister of the one above. It uses a variable instead of "int. a" or "int. b". For each time (starting at a number, stopping at a number) it sets that variable to the respectful repeat number and does an action that you want to use.

AI: Like I said before, I have no real AI experience, so I can't give you much.

Animation - Change Destructible Animation Speed
Changes the animation speed of a destructible doodad to that percent. 0% is completly frozen, 100% is normal, 200% is double.

Changed! Set Camera Field (Timed)
Scio and Starcraftfreak were kind enough to add a Z OFFSET (height from the ground) FIELD to the Set Camera Field action! W00T!
UMSWE Add-in.

Camera - Rotate Camera Around Point
This will fix the camera onto a point and start making the camera move around it in a circular motion. Degrees is how far to rotate it, time is how fast to do that.

Cinematic - Subtitle Display Override
Turns subtitles on or off. Weather the user like it or not. (not permanant, returns to normal at end of game.)

Cinematic - Cinematic Mode (Timed)
Changes to cinematic mode over a period of time, instead of just instantly.

Cinematic - Ping Minimap With Color
Makes a map ping at a location with a customizable color.

Destructible - Open/Close Elevator Walls
This command will open up or close an invisible elevator wall surrounding an elevator (they must be placed aside an elevator in the editor). One elevator wall per side will do fine.
Elevators are fairly large blocks. You'll find em on destructible palette.

Destructible - Set Elevator Height
Sets the height of the elevator (in cliff levels) to that height.

Destructible - Pick Every Destructible in Reigon and do Multiple Actions
Picks every destructible in a reigon and does the list of actions for each one.

Destructible - Pick Every Destructible in Circle and do Multiple Actions
Picks every destructible in a circle and does the list of actions for each one. Remember, 300 is about the size of 3 peasants in a row.

Environment - Create Terrain Deformation: Crater
Makes a dent in the terrain for so many seconds (unless it's permanant). Use a negative (- sign at front of number) for making hills.

Environment - Create Terrain Deformation: Ripple
This one is hard to explain:
Second Length: How long till it dissapears.
Normal/Depression: Haven't tested.
Point: The point on the map to start the circle ripple.
Starting Radius: How far away to start the circle ripple.
Ending Radius: How far away to end the circle ripple. (you can make it lower than the starting radius for a cool ripple-in effect)
Depth: How deep these ripples dig into the terrain.
Second Ripples: The number of seconds to wait before making another ripple.
Spaced apart: The minimum space to keep between the ripples.

Think of a drop hitting water. This is what this terrain deformation does. Except it's to the terrain.

Environment - Create Terrain Deformation: Wave
Think of the shockwave effect. This makes a moving dent in the terrain (negative number for hill) from a starting point to an end point. Trailing delay is the time in seconds the dent left in the terrain heals.

Environment - Create Terrain Deformation: Random
Makes a random terrain deformation.

Environment - Stop Terrain Deformation
Stops a terrain deformation dead in it's tracks, and reverses the deformation.

Environment - Stop All Terrain Deformations
Stops all Terrain Deformations. Regardless.

Environment - Set Water Tinting Color
Set the color of the water through an action! Heh, this is pretty cool. Colors are in Red, Green, Blue. 0-100. 0 Transparency is normal. 100% transparency is invisible (which might come in handy sometime).

Floating Text - Create Floating Text At Point
Makes floating text (with Warcraft 3's Default font) at a point on the map. Colors are in Red, Green, Blue. 0-100. 0 Transparency is Completly solid, while 100 is invisible. Size is in points I believe.

Floating Text - Create Floating Text Overhead Unit
Same as above. Creates at a unit, instead of a point. Doesn't follow the unit around.

Floating Text - Destroy
Immediatly get rid of floating text. (even though it fades in about a minute)

Floating Text - Show/Hide
Shows or Hides floating text. Nothing special.

Floating Text - Set Velocity
If you want your text to move, the only way to do it is to point it in a direction and tell it to move so far. This is the action that does the above.

Floating Text - Change Color
Change the color and transparency of an already existing floating text.

Game - Show/Hide Custom Campaign Button
Shows or hides a custom campaign button. No specs yet.

Game - Set Ally Color Filter
Sets the color of allies on the minimap.

Game Cache - Store String
Stores an entire string inside your map (interesting feature...)

Game Cache - Reload All
Reloads all of the saved data straight from the disk.

Game Cache - Clear Catagory
Clears out all the stuff in a catagory of a game cache.

Hero - Modify Hero Attribute
This was possible in Regualar WC3, but blizzard includes it in the TFT editor (for an unknown *cough*capatilistic*cough* reason). This will increase, decrease or set the Strength, Agility, or Intellegence of a hero.

Hero - Modify Hero Skill Points
Adds, Removes, or Sets the skill points of a hero.

Hero - Reserve Hero Buttons
Don't know...

Item - Make Pawnable
Makes a specific item sellable / unsellable.

Item - Pick Every Item in Region and Do Multiple Actions
For every item in a region, does several actions.

Item - Pick Every Item in Region and Do Action
For every item in a region, does an action.

Leaderboard - Show/Hide all Multiboard
Constantly hides all multiboards (including those of teammates that have left and you have control of)

Skipping Melee Game Actions... They pretty much explain themselves.

Neutral Building - Change Special Minimap Icon
You know that yellow little house used to show shops and stuff? That is the special minimap icon. Change it here, and it changes the houses to that icon.

Neutral Building - Turn Special Minimap Icon On/Off
Turns the special minimap icon on or off for a building.

Neutral Building - Add Item-Type (To Marketplace)
Adds a type of item to a unit that has the "sells items" ability.

Neutral Building - Add Item-Type (To all Marketplaces)
Adds a type of item to all units that have the "sell items" ability.

Neutral Building - Add Unit-Type (To Marketplace)
Adds a type of unit to a unit that has the "sells units" ability.

Neutral Building - Add Unit-Type (To All Marketplaces)
Adds a type of unit to all units that have the "sells units" ability.

Neutral Building - Remove Item-Type (From Marketplace)
Removes a type of item from a unit that has the "sells items" ability.

Neutral Building - Remove Item-Type (From All Marketplaces)
Removes a type of item from all units that have the "sells items" ability.

Neutral Building - Remove Unit-Type (From Marketplace)
Removes a type of unit from a unit that has the "sells units" ability.

Neutral Building - Remove Unit-Type (From All Marketplaces)
Removes a unit type form all units that have the "sells units" ability.

Neutral Building - Limit Item Slots (Of Marketplace)
I suppose this sets a # of spaces on the actions for items for a unit that has the "sells items" ability.

Neutral Building - Limit Item Slots (Of All Marketplaces)
I suppose this sets a # of spaces on the actions for items for all units that have the "sells items" ability.

Neutral Building - Limit Unit Slots (Of Marketplace)
I suppose this sets a # of spaces on the actions for units for a unit that has the "sells units" ability.

Neutral Building - Limit Unit Slots (Of All Marketplaces)
I suppose this sets a # of spaces on the actions for units for all units that have the "sells units" ability.

Player - Limit Training of Unit-Type
Limits the training of a type of unit (for one player) to as many or few as you want. 0=Can't build at all, -1=Unlimited Building.

Player - Show/Hide in Score Screen
This was an interesting new feature. You can choose to hide or show certain players in the end-of-the-game score screen.

Player - Set Name
Sets the name of a player (also cool).

Player Group - Pick Every Player in Player Group and do Multiple Actions
For every player in a player group, a list of actions is done before going back to repeat.

Player Group - Set Alliance
Makes an entire player group's relation with another player group change (enemy, ally, shared vision). Basically, an enhanced version of the Player - Set Alliance action.

Selection - Clear Selection For Player
A modified version of Selection - Clear Selection. Use this one in multiplayer. Completly deselects all units.

Selection - Select Unit Group For Player
Deselects all currectly selected units and selects first 12 of a group. Use this one in multiplayer.

Selection - Select Unit For Player
Deselects all currently selected units and selects a unit. Use this one in multiplayer.

Selection - Add Unit to Selection for Player
Selects one more unit. If that's possible. Use this in multiplayer.

Selection - Remove Unit from Selection for Player
De-select a unit from a player's selected units. Use this one in multiplayer.

Sound - Play Sound at Point
This could most possibly be the easiest to use sound trigger. Automatically positions a sound at a point (with height!), sets volume (100%=normal, 0%=Silent), and plays it.

Sound - Play Sound on Unit
Another easy one. Positions the sound on a unit, sets volume, and plays it.

Sound - Play Sound from Offset
Fast forwards (in 10ths of a second) to however far you want and plays the sound.

Sound - Play Music from Offset
Fast forwards (in 10ths of a second) to however far you want and plays the music.

Sound - Play Music Theme from Offset
Fast Forwards (in 10ths of a second) to however far you want and plays the music theme.

Sound - Skip to Music Offset
Immedately jumps to part of the music (in 10ths of seconds of time).

Sound - Skip to Music Theme Offset
Immedately jumps to part of the music theme (in 10ths of seconds of time).

Sound - Set Volume Channel
Sets one of the sound channel's (groups of sounds) volume to a percent. 100% = normal, 0%=silent.

Sound - Set All Volume Channels for Cinematic
Tweaks the volume of all the channels like they are when you're in a cinematic.

Sound - Set All Volume Channels for Speech
Tweaks the volcume of all the channels like they are when you're getting talked to.

Sound - Reset All Volume Channels
Resets all the volumes channels back to 100%.

Trigger - Clear Trigger Queqe of Pending Triggers
Triggers that are still waiting to run will be cancelled.

Trigger - Add New Event
Wierd. It adds an event to a trigger.

Unit - Create Permanant Corpse
Makes a permanant corpse for a player.

Unit - Pause / Unpause Expiration Timer
Stops or continues the timer on the unit that is going to die when it expires.

Unit - Add Expiration Timer
Adds a life timer to a unit.

Unit - Reset Ability Cooldowns
Instantly lets you use all learned abilities on a unit. Basically, Cancels cooldowns.

Unit - Set Building Construction Progress
Sets the Building% of a building being built to that %.

Unit - Set Building Upgrade Progress
Sets the upgrade% of a building being upgradeed to that %.

Unit - Turn Alarm Genoration On/Off
If a building is hit, will this building scream out, "OUR TOWN IS UNDER ATTACK!"?

Unit - Set Custom Value
This is pretty cool. But not refined enough. Every unit has a number built into it. You can set it with this action. Too bad you can't have more than one custom value.

Changed! Unit - Remove Buffs
Blizzard has updated this function so you can remove all buffs (an expiration timer is a buff) or all buffs but expiration timer.

Unit - Remove Buffs By Type
Removes buffs that are considered magic, physical, magic and/or physical, depending on which you take. Lets you choose to remove only positive ones, or only negative ones.

Unit - Add Ability
Wonderful feature. Allows you to add an ability to a unit, the opposite of the WC3 action Unit - Remove Ability. Note that adding Hero Abilities will not let you level them via the Hero Abilities button (although you may be able to set the level of the skill elsewise...)

Last edited by theJ89 : 09-19-2003 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:45 PM   #29
theJ89
User

Submissions (1)

-actions continued-

Unit Group - Pick Every Unit In Unit Group and Do Multiple Actions
For every unit in a unit group, does a list of actions.

Unit Group - Add Unit Group
Adds one unit group to another unit group.

Unit Group - Remove Unit Group
Removes all the units that belong to one unit group from another unit group.

Unit Group - Issue Order Targeting A Unit
Issues an order to an entire group of units to do something to one unit.

Unit Group - Issue Order Targeting A Point
Issues an order to an entire group of units to do something involving a point.

Unit Group - Issue Order Targeting A Destructible
Issues an order to an entire group of units to do something to one destructible.

Unit Group - Issue Order With no Target
Issues an order to an entire group of units to do something that involves themselves.

Unit Group - Issue Train Order
Tells all of the units in a unit group to train/upgrade a unit-type.

Last edited by theJ89 : 09-20-2003 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:50 PM   #30
theJ89
User

Submissions (1)

TFT Function Additions
More things to make your work easier(or more complex). Many new functions were added, adding to my happiness with the expansion pack.

Last edited by theJ89 : 09-19-2003 at 11:59 PM.