wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-14-2009, 07:23 AM   #1
daPanda
User

daPanda has little to show at this moment (0)

Default Replacing default melee AI files

I've rewritten the default melee AI using vjass and having to import the AI files into the map for all 4 races takes a long time with over 30+ maps.

where does WC3 look for the default melee AI files (or rather, where does it load them from)? is there a way I can replace my melee AI files with the default ones without having to import it into each map?

I've tried copying the ai files to the root WC3 folder and Scripts folder (using the proper names - human.ai etc) but WC3 doesn't use it. I also used PowerMPQ and replaced the internal AI files with mine in war3.mpq, but still no go. I thought maybe doing that in war3patch.mpq might work but all the files inside just say "unknown" for the file name.

any help would be appreciated. everytime I edit the AI files I have to manually import them into every single map :/
daPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
DioD
obey

Submissions (4)

DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)

Send a message via ICQ to DioD

patch MPQ is source of such files, take some time to read help files for MPQ editor, and use external listfile.

Last edited by DioD : 07-14-2009 at 08:26 AM.
DioD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #3
daPanda
User

unfortunately, there are no help files for PowerMPQ. there is a ? menu, which takes you to its website, but under the help section there is nothing there... it just says "no disponible"

so, I have no idea how to go about replacing my melee AI with the default one, or where the files to be replaced are located.

specific info would be appreciated.
thanks

Edit: I managed to load one if its list files (Warcraft 3 TFT.txt) then load war3patch.mpq. but there are still a lot of ~unknown file names and there are no human.ai, orc.ai, elf.ai, or undead.ai files listed in that mpq :/

Last edited by daPanda : 07-14-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
DioD
obey

Submissions (4)

DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)

dont understand why this is SOO hard...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 123.JPG (20.5 KB, 82 views)
Old 07-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #5
daPanda
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DioD
dont understand why this is SOO hard...
I don't know... why is it "SOO hard"? did you even read my post? I already told you I clicked on that. I don't know what YOU see on that homepage under "Help" section, but as I already said... there is nothing under the help section. It's blank.

also noted, I already did install the list files. there are no melee ai files listed when opening the patch mpq.

so... all I want to know is, where the melee ai files are located that the game uses and how do I go about replacing them. if you don't know, and/or can't explain it, then I won't patronize you for your lack of knowledge, as you have done to me. ; )

Last edited by daPanda : 07-14-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:49 AM   #6
DioD
obey

Submissions (4)

there is only 3 MPQ files inside warcraft dir.

war3.mpq contain human.ai
war3x.mpq contain human.ai
war3patch.mpq dont contain human.ai

After you found listfiles for patch mpq you have full access to them all.

Your game is TFT soo you need files from war3x right?

first in priority list is patch mpq, soo load human.ai (and other AI blocks) inside patch mpq save mpq and test ingame.

also power mpq is not "good" mpq editor, use ladik's one http://www.zezula.net/mpq.html
at least it have documentation.

Last edited by DioD : 07-14-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
daPanda
User

thanks. that MPQ editor is much better.

unfortunately, adding the ai file to the patch MPQ just causes WC3 to crash when 2/3 loading the map.

however, on that link you provided there was a much easier solution. by changing the registry entry all I have to do is drop the melee ai files into the Scripts folder and it will use those instead of the internal ones. so thanks for the link! This will make life a lot easier when editing my ai files.

also, gekko pointed out his GMSI tool in another thread, which will be handy for inserting non-melee (or any) AI into all my maps in one go (for anyone else who might want to do this). just thought I'd plug this great little tool for those who didn't know about it (like me :D ).