wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #1
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix
Default Need idea for Summoner hero spells

Hi guys, in my project there is a summoner hero. You know what he is supposed to do by reading the name xD (it is supposed to create nice summons). Being honest this hero is one of the worst (if not the worst) of the map, it is very old and hist spells are unbalanced like hell ...
So I am remaking him and I need two ideas:
- A summon idea, it must be weak because it will have 3 levels. It must also be related to Chaos Orcs, Undead or the Legion (it would be weird to have a Chaos hero summoning an angel of light ...)
- A passive skill. It must be useful for a hero that summons creatures xD

I am open to ideas and suggestions, for more information please download my project and see the hero.

Btw, his ultimate was (finally) changed for version 2.0
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
0zyx0
Perfectionist noob

0zyx0 will become famous soon enough (38)0zyx0 will become famous soon enough (38)

For a summoning spell, the hero could summon an undead chaos orc. It could use the skeletal orc model, and have a red vertex colouring.

The passive skill could be an aura, but that's not very creative. It could also be an ability giving the hero a chance to clone a nearby summoned unit when the hero kills a unit.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Quote:
For a summoning spell, the hero could summon an undead chaos orc. It could use the skeletal orc model, and have a red vertex colouring.
Good idea, however skeleton orc are already reserved for another spell from another unit. I am afraid I need something new =S

Quote:
The passive skill could be an aura, but that's not very creative. It could also be an ability giving the hero a chance to clone a nearby summoned unit when the hero kills a unit.
This sounds a very interesting idea. Can you elaborate more please?
Old 04-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
0zyx0
Perfectionist noob

0zyx0 will become famous soon enough (38)0zyx0 will become famous soon enough (38)

The ability has to be triggered by something the hero can do, for example killing an enemy unit. Then, it(=the ability trigger) would look for summoned units within a given range, and pick one of them (be it ally or enemy), create a new unit of its type, and possibly set the life of the new unit to the life of the old unit.

The ability could also be able to clone multiple summoned units at once, if there are multiple kinds of summoned units around the hero (which will make the hero good at countering enemy summoned units), or if the ability has a higher level.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:27 AM   #5
Axzarious
User

Axzarious has little to show at this moment (4)

Hmmmm I got a few ideas.

Summons
-Chaos Spawn- Target an Enemy unit or a friendly unit to put a buff on it. When the unit dies under this buff it will mutate into a chaos spawn.

-Netherfiend- Combusts mana and magical buffs in the target area, and creates a netherfiend for each '200' points dealt. Damages summoned units. Buffs and summoned units that are dealt damage is counted as 25 each. Burns 25 mana per level in the AoE. Numbers can be modded.

Necromantic Army- Raises the dead. Creates either Skeletal warriors, Skeletal archers, or Skeletal mages. Amount Increases with level.

-Improved summoning- Effect
1. Chaos Spawn- Adds damage to the buff based on the level of this ability.
2. Improved Netherfiend- Threshold for fiends is reduced by X per level.
3. Necromantic Army- Increases the unit variation and strength-
--Skeletal Warriors- All levels- Stats increased
--Skeletal Archers- All levels- Attack range increase- Level 2- Burning Arrow, Level 3- Burning arrow changed to Frost arrow, critical strike added.
--Skeletal Mages- Adds variants. Variants are culmative for each level. Variants added level 1- Fire (Splash Damage), Poison (DoT). Level 2- Cold (Slow attack), Lightning (has 'lighting orb', and a higher random damage e.g. instead of 9-12, has 1-20. Alternatley you could just give them stun or a bouncing attack that looks like chain lightning), Level 3- Chaos (Chaos Damage), Arcane (Mana Burn)
4. Bone Horror- The Bone Horror recieves an extra amount of percentage of the units it kills towards its bonuses (See entry)

-Ultimate- Bone Horror
-Summons a creature from the nearby corpses on the field. Strength is proportional to the amount of bodies ressurected. Each time it kills a unit it is restored by a percentage of the units hp, and the hp is added to the horrors base hp, as well as recieving buffs to armour and damage. Other ability ideas- Shatter- The bone horror shatters into multiple Bonerippers proportional to the amount of corpses/units killed. thier HP is proportional to the HP of the Bone Horror at the time of split.

To balance the bone horror I suggest negative HP regen. It should also be able to get bonuses from killing friendly units.

If you need any more ideas gimme a shout.
Axzarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:52 AM   #6
Eznce
User

Submissions (1)

Eznce is on a distinguished road (19)

i don't really know how levelling in your project goes, or how high it goes, but you could do:

Summon (1*Hero Level) Some kind of chaos orc
Passive Ability: Orcish Warcry: Increases nearby allies attack speed/damage

Passive Ability Idea 2: Blood Rage: Increases summon's damage by hero level/intelligence*something

Some Sort Of Idea 1: Master's Call: If summon is attacking the same unit as it's master, it gets increased damage

Some Sort Of Idea 2: Juiced(idk): Sets the life of the summon to the mana of the master at casting time

the abilities really dont have to be with all the summons. Summoning one chaos orc isnt bad either =D
I don't know about the Some Sort Of Idea ones , but eh i tried =P

My Beginner's Trigger Tutorial Part One\/
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=101802

Last edited by Eznce : 04-05-2009 at 05:55 AM.
Eznce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Quote:
The ability has to be triggered by something the hero can do, for example killing an enemy unit. Then, it(=the ability trigger) would look for summoned units within a given range, and pick one of them (be it ally or enemy), create a new unit of its type, and possibly set the life of the new unit to the life of the old unit.

The ability could also be able to clone multiple summoned units at once, if there are multiple kinds of summoned units around the hero (which will make the hero good at countering enemy summoned units), or if the ability has a higher level.
MMm, I think this would be interesting. However if I use it I plan to extend it. I think it would be better like this:

Name: none yet xD
Description: Any time the summoner or one of his summons attack (maybe kill?) an enemy summon, they have a chance to clone it back to life. The cloned summon is returns with 50% of the Summoners intelegence in life.

However I feel there is something missing here ... like a hole =s

Quote:
-Chaos Spawn- Target an Enemy unit or a friendly unit to put a buff on it. When the unit dies under this buff it will mutate into a chaos spawn.
MMm, I am afraid this is too basic. It would be like Firelords autocast ability with a little twist. I am looking for something different =S

Quote:
-Netherfiend- Combusts mana and magical buffs in the target area, and creates a netherfiend for each '200' points dealt. Damages summoned units. Buffs and summoned units that are dealt damage is counted as 25 each. Burns 25 mana per level in the AoE. Numbers can be modded.
Wermmm, is netherfiend a flying unit? I think this would be awesome for an item, however I am looking for something different for my hero. The Summoner already uses mana burn abilities, giving him another wouldn't sound well to me.

Quote:
Necromantic Army- Raises the dead. Creates either Skeletal warriors, Skeletal archers, or Skeletal mages. Amount Increases with level.
Skelentons are already reserved for Undead heroes and Chaos casters, I can't use them here =S

About your other ideas, they are all bone-related, I can't use them. Also, my hero already has an ultimate (FierySummon from SpellSession 14) so I won't be using your suggestion as well.

FierySummon:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=104688

My hero also has this spell, maybe this can help you guys have some ideas.
(Please note the hero has 2 summon spells. This spell I describe next is already made, I am just improving it. I still need the ideas for the 2nd summon spell and passive skill)

Summon Fel Ravagers (it should be an equivalent to wolf summon from Far seer):
- Summons two Fel Ravagers. With level Fel Ravagers become stronger and gain abilities.
Level 1: summons 2 weak fel ravagers.
Level 2: summons 2 medium weak fel ravagers with the shatter ability. Shatter ability sacrifices the summon however it burns the enemies mana by 40% of the summons current hp. Units that lose mana this way are not damaged, they just lose mana.
Level 3: summons 2 medium strong fel ravagers with the explode ability. Explode ability sacrifices the summon however it damages enemies in the area by 40% of the current hp of the summon.

Having in mind this skill summons 2 fel ravagers, the player can "shatter" one ravager and then "explode" the other. Or he can just send them to fight =P

@Eznce:
I like your ideas. Can you elaborate them please?

I have so many ideas and I have to pick only one. This is going to be harder then I thought.
rep++ for all people as a motivation for their nice brain storms.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #8
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Nether Traitor
Nether Traitor is a mercenary hero who calls upon his forces who have betrayed darkness, but are refugees from reality.

Skills-
Summon Dark Magic
Summons a nefarious beast to fight for the Nether Traitor. These beasts lose hit points over time but regain hit points every time they successfully damage an enemy.
Level 1 - Summons a Magikon with low hit points, damage and 50% life steal. Slow hit point decay.
Level 2 - Summons a Anteron with moderate hit points, damage and 75% life steal.
Moderate hit point decay. Antera have a 50% chance to summon a Magikon with each kill.
Level 3 - Summons an Ephemeron with moderate hit points with moderate hit points, high damage and 100% life steal. Ephemera have a 50% chance to summon an Anteron with each kill, these Anterons cannot summon Magikons.
Fast hit point decay.
]Errata: The secondary summon's life is independent of the master summon's life span. e.g the master can die and the next generation will survive, just they'll be static in terms of numbers.

Dark-Shroud Winds
Taps into the winds of the nether world, calling the magic and spirits of the recent dead to fight again, but these summons are unstable and tend to die off and won't have regular regeneration. Summoned units are unaffected by the decay effect.
Level 1 - Revives units in the past 6 seconds with 50% hit points, slow hit point decay.
Level 2 - Revives units in the past 10 seconds, with 75% hit points, moderate hit point decay.
Level 3 - Revives units in the past 14 seconds, with 100% hit points, fast hit point decay.

Mystical Currents
Eminates a mystical current that increases the endurance of nearby allies, but reduces their armor and increases their damage if they are summoned.
Level 1 - Gives nearby units light hit point regeneration, summons lose 4 armor and gain 20% damage.
Level 2 - Gives nearby units small hit point regeneration, summons lose 6 armor and gain 40% damage.
Level 3 - Gives nearby units not-as-small hit point regeneration, summons lose 8 armor and gain 60% damage.

Shadow Of Worlds
Calls forth the Nether World's atmosphere to a large radius around the Nether Traitor, causing dark magic to swirl and heal or penalize contacted units. The Nether Traitor cannot move but can cast other spells. If it moves, Shadow Of Worlds is canceled. The dark magic does not affect the Nether Traitor.
Friendly units regenerate 10% of their base hit points.
Enemy units are dealt 5% of their base hit points and stunned for 1 second.
Lasts 30 seconds.
Errata: It'd have a number of dark swirls, kinda like Locust Swarm.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.

Last edited by Tide-Arc Ephemera : 04-05-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

@Tide-Arc Ephemera:
I only needed 2 ideas, not an entire hero, but thx for the effort xD

Summon Dark Magic: This seems quite unbalanced for a melee hero mmm I am looking for something else, sry.

Dark-Shroud Winds: let me see if I get it, it revives all units that died near the summoner in the past 6 seconds with 100% hp? This would be more of an ultimate, but the idea is interesting.

Mystical Currents: Why would I want my summons to get -8 armor ? xD

Shadow Of Worlds: So it is half channeling half normal? That's kinda confusing. Also, the summoner already has an ultimate, so I won't be using this as well =S

Thx for the ideas, rep++ as motivation.

Keep posting =P
Old 04-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #10
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Theorycrafting does not belong in the T&S forum. Moved.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #11
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Phoenix
@Tide-Arc Ephemera:Summon Dark Magic: This seems quite unbalanced for a melee hero mmm I am looking for something else, sry.
Well, I had the idea that they'd die out if they were combat starved... but yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Phoenix
Dark-Shroud Winds: let me see if I get it, it revives all units that died near the summoner in the past 6 seconds with 100% hp? This would be more of an ultimate, but the idea is interesting.
They come back with the mentioned amount of HP%.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote