wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-30-2008, 04:34 AM   #61
Merlin
User

Merlin has little to show at this moment (0)

Real archers compete in the real world.
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-03-2008, 05:50 AM   #62
TheZizz
User

Submissions (1)

TheZizz will become famous soon enough (32)TheZizz will become famous soon enough (32)

Approved Map: Uther Party 2

I'll have something by the end of August.
TheZizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #63
TheZizz
User

Submissions (1)

TheZizz will become famous soon enough (32)TheZizz will become famous soon enough (32)

New version. Taking a break now.

Just one thing though, I can't seem to change the header. I hope I didn't break some kind of rule by having a version number there. Could someone get rid of it for me?
Old 07-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #64
TKF
User

TKF is on a distinguished road (10)

YEAH! NEW VERSION AFTER ALL THESE MONTHS!!!

REP+!!!

This is very fun minigame game! Very funny to play when I'm tired of all other maps!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:40 PM   #65
TheZizz
User

Submissions (1)

Thanks!

To the mods: There's a minor Timer Window bug. I'll fix it up.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #66
TKF
User

The teamgame seemed to be bugged. When I chose it, I think some players got wrong allegiance so they didn't attack the other team. Or maybe stuck. I didn't suffer from this but it ended up in 3 players leaving cuz they said it was bugged, so I don't know what's the bug since they didn't care to explain but yelled BUGGED and left.

I don't see the purpose with target practice with firing multiple times. I think it should end immediately when everyone has hit it. I thought i could improve my average, but it seems like my last shot counts. What of best of 5 arrows or something?

Tomb of retinus is weird, the bandits are attack each other constantly. What if you can get a stun skill instead?

Also the mystery box is still boring. What about a third 1 shot ability which is removed when used? (Tripple strike or turn?)
Old 07-27-2008, 12:56 AM   #67
Linaze
User

Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)

I was expecting a lot more from Uthers Party 2 since I have played the previous game in the series which in my opinion was much better. Though Uthers Party 2 had creative, original and even some unique mini games, there were some downsides as well.
  • I think it was pretty weak to not have a loading screen, it just made it seem poor to me.
  • Most mini-games had a poor or almost no explanation, and I lost much score to not knowing what to do.
  • Some mini games were not just fun, as the one you should aim and fire at an archery target, it just wasn't funny.
Get a loading screen, fix the descriptions, change a few mini-games, and this will live up to the name of Uthers Party.
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:43 AM   #68
Cecil
User

Cecil has little to show at this moment (3)

I think the game as a whole is a lot different from the original, and lacks the feeling the old one captured, which I believe should have been paramount in a sequel.
Cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:15 AM   #69
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

I think with a little tweaking on the minigames, it can live up the legendary name of Uther Party.

But yea agreed, with above some minigames are a little iffy, such that magical box. All games should have an element of skill, this one seem a typical game of luck.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:24 AM   #70
Cecil
User

Cecil has little to show at this moment (3)

Well, no offense intended but, I was so... so... turned away, by playing UP2 for the first time (gave it two tries, never really got far in either), that I just never went back. I thought from the experience of both games "why not just add to the original, and use their good knowledge of the WE to improve flaws in it?"

The second really just came off as flash, (like video games today, all flash, no quality, not that there was NO quality here, just....) because the game play really didn't draw you in. UP1 had nothing really 'eye candy'-ish, and that you focused on being #1 and ownin' the other players.
Cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:54 AM   #71
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

After trying Uther Party 2 the first time I was, like Yuffie, very dissapointed with it. I actually ended up quitting ahead of time because half the games didn't make any sense for a first-time player and so I ended up dying/losing over and over again almost instantly.

I then decided to give it a second (and after a finished game, a third) try, but still wasn't too happy with how the game worked or the different minigames you could play.

Pros
  • Very profesional look and feeling. It shows that you know what you're doing. Production wise this is of high quality.
  • Nice intro cinematic. Uther kicking ass once again.
  • Semi-entertaining, varies a lot from game to game. It has potential.

Cons
  • Not very "noob friendly". The game starts and you get 4-5 words of instruction which makes absolutely no sense most of the time. An example of this is the "follow the rhythm" game. I thought there was actually a rhythm to follow, but then near the end I found out that it was basically just about spamming Z as fast as you could, by then I was behind by 50 or so. Only people who already knew the map had any idea what to do.
  • Boring gameplay most of the time. Most of the games felt slow and boring. Such as the archer game. It may not have lasted that long but it felt like an eternity.
  • No mercy. If you slipped just the least bit you had lost. Like in the game where you had to follow around the mother lizard. It would be nice if you had abilities to use so you don't just 100% rely on walking around guessing where she is turning to next.
  • Too few games. It needs a greater amount of games to play, more variety too.
ragingspeedhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #72
TKF
User

Anyways, even it's not noob friendly, I like this map.

It's fun and well made map. So well made that it's on the edge on approval.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:06 PM   #73
DevilAsh
Official Map Reviewer

Official Map Reviewer

DevilAsh is on a distinguished road (11)

Send a message via MSN to DevilAsh

The game Uther Party 2 is a sequel to 'Uther Party1', surprise surprise. The map's creator claims it's different, unique and will 'dwarf its predecessor'. It accomplishes that, to a degree. Admittedly the map is rather polished and professional looking, although that's about it.

We see the return of previous mini-games that were, at one point, fun and entertaining, however; as time has passed, these games have grown old and their replayability value has diminished due to their repetitive appearances. The new ones aren't much to boast about either, they all involve spamming, pretty much, the same series of keys in order to one-up or kill the other players.

Another problem within the map is that you often start minigames straight off, giving players little clue as to what's going on. It's maybe a better idea to give a 5~ second break between minigames so that the players actually know what to do and don't -- as most of Bnet do -- run around like headless chickens.

A rare ounce of originality within the map lies with the new mode, and that's not much either. However, if I don't say some good points then I wouldn't be a half-decent critic. With that in mind, here goes; the 'Emcee Mode' allows a, very small, amount of customisation to the minigames; you can change maps difficulties, speeds and, on the very rare occasion, add one-hit-kill discs. Although this adds a new depth of gameplay, it could've been pulled off a lot better.

All in all, this is a map that should've been so much more. We were shown the Battle of Hastings, but given The Alamo. It could really do with a touch up, something which I hope will happen in later versions as I really would like to see a return of this series. Until then though, this map gets the thumbs down from me.
DevilAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #74
TKF
User

Still Uther Party 2 isn't noob friendly. Some simple games is sufficient with short description (like hammer ball), but some should have more info about the game mechanics.

Suggestion 1:
The games still lacks explaining infos for each game. Make it so, that by default a short explanation is given for each game at first time. If the game is full of people who already knows the game, or host can also type -notutorial (or whatever cmd) to make the game like it's currently now.

The archer game is perhaps the worst noob hostile game. People thinks they get better chance of winning by hitting the target several times.

Suggestion 2:
Instead, make it so they get points when they hit the target several times, so it's worth to hit it constantly. Since you kinda have a % system, it should be very simple to make it a point system instead which gets higher for each hit. Hitting closer to the center give more points. You'll only die if you never did hit the target.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #75
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

I think the map is easily 90% there, just consider some of the changes above, such as better info & time & I'm sure it will be accepted.