wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Concept Art / Fan Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #31
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

I was least refering to such matters (mostly because I'm too ugly but doesn't matter) :P
Dionesiist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-17-2007, 05:24 PM   #32
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Toadcop is just really nice (299)Toadcop is just really nice (299)

Approved Map: TcXSpell Making Session 10 Winner

Send a message via ICQ to Toadcop

Quote:
that nasty grey tone
it's a pencil and not a magic wand =\
well i can puke on it, so it will get some colors...

here some new one...
and guess ? YES ! whey are GREY ! omg ! =)

btw the scratches are cause i am drawing it relative fast.

// my personal favorit is the Inquisitor ^^

Quote:
Eastern europe has the BEST babes
+1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Inquisitor.jpg (129.2 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Inq-darkmage.jpg (116.0 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Knight.jpg (150.0 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg MurlockAss.jpg (136.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Sophie.jpg (87.9 KB, 63 views)
Toadcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:57 PM   #33
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

it's not the actual grey color that bothers me, it's that you put it all over the place with no reason at all.
And scratches aren't because you're drawing fast, it's because you need more practice. A good drawer can make perfect hatching instantly, without even thinking. So practice hatching a lot.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:33 PM   #34
Craka_J 123
R.I.P. George Carlin

Submissions (6)

Craka_J 123 will become famous soon enough (47)Craka_J 123 will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via AIM to Craka_J 123 Send a message via MSN to Craka_J 123 Send a message via Yahoo to Craka_J 123

The only drawings in the first thread that I like are the second to last picture of Blood Raven, the first drawing, and the fourth one. The rest are pretty fat and disproportional (Not like I should be talking, I suck with proportions). Your artwork would be alot better if you shaded it with something else and in a different way. Like me for an example, shade lightly in lines. First lightly draw an outline of the shadow, then fill it in lightly, then darker and darker and if you have a shading stubb (Looks like a miniature blunt to be honest) it's best to smudge the shadows within the drawn outline after you've shaded it. It's a good way to touch up shadows... takes practice though.
I really like your art style. If only I knew how to draw armor better! Which I'm practicing, but anyway, like I said, if you shade these drawings and do a good job at it, they'll look 10x better. And you'll get a reppie ;)
Also, like Erwt said, the coloring is... well it's bad. Practice alot more with coloring. Coloring with pen and crayons never mix well in the end.
~Craka_J

[edit]
Just noticed you posted newer drawins in other posts so here's what I've got to say:

PaladinX: Awesome drawing! I <3 it.

Dragon Rider Guy Thing: Pretty cool. Shading is pretty bad though.

Rapor Rider: His chest-plate needs work... too messy. And his back should be arched since he's a troll. Same for orcs, but all Trolls have Spineabifida.

Goblin on Throne: Don't really like this one. Seems messy to me and disproportional.

Inquisitor: Another great drawing. GJ.

Knight: Pretty good. I think the shading is a bit odd though.

Inq-Darkmage: You need to work on facial anatomy and shading the folds and wrinkles in cloth.

Murloc-Ass: Meh... not a Murloc fan :P Shading seems pretty decent though.

Sophie: Is she on steroids?

Out of all of these drawings, the Inquisitor, Blood Raven, and PaladinX are by far the best. And since I really like them, you get a rep ;)

Your Greatest Flaws:
-Need to shade much darker!
-Draw in pencil for Christ sakes!
-Facial Anatomy definately needs alot of work.
-Ease up on the muscles when drawing girls, unless if they're related to the Hulk or an Ogre.
-Shading with pen is bad. Or atleast the way you do it. Don't scribble it in. Plan the shadows, then shade them in very dark but less messier and try to color in all the light spots in shaded areas; but make sure you keep the shading accurate with a light source.
~Craka_J

Last edited by Craka_J 123 : 07-19-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Craka_J 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:05 PM   #35
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

dude, he does draw in pencil. And it's not mandatory to draw with a pencil, liners and markers are great tools too.
And pencil is NOT meant to be smudged, even with a specialized paper blender. Smudged graphite looks ugly and it doesn't smudge uniformly. Chalk pastels and charcoal are specially meant to be smudged.
And making the outline of the shadow is a pretty bad idea, even if you do it lightly. That's unless you specifically want the shadows to be outlined.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:47 PM   #36
Craka_J 123
R.I.P. George Carlin

Submissions (6)

Craka_J 123 will become famous soon enough (47)Craka_J 123 will become famous soon enough (47)

Send a message via AIM to Craka_J 123 Send a message via MSN to Craka_J 123 Send a message via Yahoo to Craka_J 123

Smudging pencil is a bad idea I suppose. But it's a good way to start. I do just fine with it. Charcoal is messier, but if used right without making a total mess, it can look really great.
He draws in pencil? From all of the drawings before the Inquisitor, it looks like they're all in pen. Including the Blood Raven drawing. I could be wrong though. I think his problem is most definately how he outlines his characters and shades them. He does a bad job at hatching and cross-hatching and the outline of clothes and even skin is scratchy, which is a huge no-no unless trying to draw a moving object fast and then you erase the scratchy marks after you finish the detail and so on...
I know he draws in pencil. But some are in pen and pen is bad. Markers and Liners? Well first, Markers are not the best thing to work with unless cartooning or maybe even shading a very dark area. Liners? Sounds familiar yet I don't recall what they are/do. If it's one of those really inky pens, then yeah, those are great too. One of my favorite things to draw with actually :D
~Craka_J
Old 07-19-2007, 06:58 PM   #37
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

I'm pretty sure all the drawings here are made with pencil. I may be wrong though, but they sure look like pencil to me.
Oh and dude, this was made with liners and markers, İFeng Zu:

That's what I'm talking about. Though a pure black marker is great too, the contrast it does is fantastic and you can manipulate the line thickness very nicely.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:11 PM   #38
Craka_J 123
R.I.P. George Carlin

Submissions (6)

Done in markers and liners? Jeez... markers come out so much darker and thicker when I use em'. Guess it comes out great after all.

*/asksself: Why am I arguing with an artist more experienced than me?*

I'm telling you man, he did some of those in pen! But there's really only one way for us to find out... ask Toadcop!

Toadcop, did you draw these ALL in pencil? Or some in pen?
Old 07-19-2007, 07:21 PM   #39
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

you need special markers to do stuff like that, like Prismacolor's art markers or dilute a black marker by pouring some alcohol or water in it's reserve.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:22 AM   #40
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Quote:
Sophie: Is she on steroids?
she's assassin =) well she need to be trained and etc. ^^

Quote:
Toadcop, did you draw these ALL in pencil? Or some in pen?
xD :rofl: guess? ofc all in pencil ^^

tnx for comments ;) but i am goung my own way =) + yes the only true is to practise. (imho)
Old 07-20-2007, 08:57 AM   #41
TDR
♪♫

Submissions (84)

going your own way is always good, in the end what matters is that what you put on paper is exactly perfectly what you have in your head. If it's even slightly altered, you failed and must try again and again and again...happens to everyone.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:38 AM   #42
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Quote:
in the end what matters is that what you put on paper is exactly perfectly what you have in your head
yeah ^^. but i would say it's almost impossible. but to try to do that it's the point ;)
// i understand and agree what you mean... (omg O_O btw mean got severals interpritations O_o sometimes it maybe confusing xD)

// i am not Art-drawing orientaited =) currently i am more code (programming) orientated or something like that =)
+
Quote:
tnx for comments ;) but i am goung my own way =)
it does't mean what i don't need feedback ;) in end effect i am drawing not anytime for me ^^ (the last ones are concepts for mdx models)
Old 07-21-2007, 12:54 AM   #43
Craka_J 123
R.I.P. George Carlin

Submissions (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadcop
guess? ofc all in pencil ^^

Damn! TDR wins again!

@TDR: Alchohol and/or water on a marker eh? Smart idea. Never would have thought to do that! Thanks.

@Toadcop: Try drawing stuff in charcoal. I'm not very good with it. But it takes practice. Practice shading in charcoal (as I am) and if one of them seems to look good, post it! ;)
Old 07-21-2007, 12:41 PM   #44
Toadcop
BuranX

Submissions (4)

Craka_J 123 well maybe later ^^
Old 07-22-2007, 03:28 PM   #45
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)Gorman will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

the first thing i thought wen i saw ur first pics was: "omg i didnt think any1 played Diablo2:LoD any more..." they heaps look like them =)

ur Murloc pictures pwn, they are soo good, thats probably jsut coz ur proportions are a bit out, and nobody can realy tell with murloc (being made up fish-frog-men and all) but i recon they are sweet.

it looks to me like uve got a blunt pencil and ur just turning it to find a sharp bit wen ever ur drawing sumthing fine, so i recon u should sharpen ur pencil ^^

so yeah good work