wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-13-2006, 05:44 PM   #1
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

Idea AMAI Suggestions Thread

Post all suggestions you have that could improve AMAI to be even better here.
This is the only way for AMAI to be the best
Old 09-14-2006, 12:28 PM   #2
crazedcougar
User

crazedcougar has little to show at this moment (8)

Send a message via AIM to crazedcougar

Bug/Feature request: (I think this is the correct thread)
Not to big really,but: When I destroyed an UD building under-construction (1v1) they immediately sent out an acolyte and began construction once more. Risk or no risk. I have a replay if you want, although it is on one of the new blizzerd terraining contest maps.

great amai! :D
crazedcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:36 PM   #3
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

Feature requests are correct to be in this thread :)

This is slightly difficult to fix. Basically amai was trying to expand as itsreaches a situation where it beleives it needs a mine. You destroy the mine they will rebuild again. Problem was if you set it to not rebuild mine they built the mine somewhere else and therefore chose a worse spot. I'll look into it anyway.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:40 PM   #4
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

I'm happy, I'm happy!!!!! Now we can discuss about new features an put more work to you SM ;D

I'm going to update my signature right now!!!

Now on topic... I remebered a thing that was posted in the old forum... the text tags in units in order to show what actions are they doing, and for taunting maybe. I don't know if this feature can be implemented.

Last edited by moyack : 09-14-2006 at 05:43 PM.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #5
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

@Moyack
Well go and do it lol. You already told me once.

Last edited by Strategy Master : 09-14-2006 at 05:42 PM.
Strategy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:58 AM   #6
crazedcougar
User

crazedcougar has little to show at this moment (8)

Send a message via AIM to crazedcougar

Quote:
This is slightly difficult to fix. Basically amai was trying to expand as itsreaches a situation where it beleives it needs a mine. You destroy the mine they will rebuild again. Problem was if you set it to not rebuild mine they built the mine somewhere else and therefore chose a worse spot. I'll look into it anyway.

not only that, but lesser buildings as well. They kept rebuilding their Temple of the Damned while I was attacking them. Possibly easier to fix?

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by crazedcougar : 09-15-2006 at 01:58 AM.
crazedcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:46 PM   #7
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

ok thats a different reason which would require delving into the automated building systems which unlike every other section of code that hasn't been touched yet.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:45 PM   #8
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN
Robie williams ROFL

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)

Send a message via AIM to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN Send a message via MSN to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN

Here's some issues..

I played computers only with 2 UD allies vs orc, UD and NE.

Thing is, They tell each other they go to diffrent creep zones, Example:

Player red is taking a creep camp to the north and said to his ally, While his ally says to player red to go south and kill the creep camp.And they both end up doing creeping alone.

Each time a hero is hit, It micros it which is a good thing, But they move with the hero when he is microing. Example:
12 Necromancers with a DK are fighting, DK takes some damage, He micros himself and comes back, each time the DK goes to a place the necromancers follow when they are not hit Rendering the micro pretty useless.

One time, A huge battle came 2v3, My 2 UD allies were fighting well, and they ended up beating both the human and the undead forces, and one of my allies got his army lost, he rebuilded it at a fast speed, and while my other ally is fighting, he was camping at his base with an 90 Food army..

The AMAI computer also have some advantages which aren't really nice, without scouting any enemy base he says let's rush the Elf base. I did iseedeadpeople and it was true, Giving me information that ruins the basic of scouting.

My 2 UD allies also made expansions and made 2 towers each with few combat buildings, without a necropolis...Which means they cant defend those combat building rendering them useless.

Also I went to computers only mode, turned iseedeadpeople and saw that whenever my enemy does hit and run on an expansion and my ally teleports to his base they immediatly pulloff without even seeing them (happened 4 times).

Don't get me wrong, It's a great mod but nothing is perfect, so we try to make it as good as possible.

Keep up the good work

~Dead

Retired (Well I'm still doing freelance works).
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:35 PM   #9
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaD_MeN_WalkiN
Here's some issues..

I played computers only with 2 UD allies vs orc, UD and NE.

Thing is, They tell each other they go to diffrent creep zones, Example:

Player red is taking a creep camp to the north and said to his ally, While his ally says to player red to go south and kill the creep camp.And they both end up doing creeping alone.

I'll look into it as computers should be following instructions from one computer only in team games well in AMAI 2.50 beta 9 they should.

Quote:
Each time a hero is hit, It micros it which is a good thing, But they move with the hero when he is microing. Example:
12 Necromancers with a DK are fighting, DK takes some damage, He micros himself and comes back, each time the DK goes to a place the necromancers follow when they are not hit Rendering the micro pretty useless.

Interesting. Necromancers shouldn't be following the DK. But likely a hardcoded problem.

Quote:
One time, A huge battle came 2v3, My 2 UD allies were fighting well, and they ended up beating both the human and the undead forces, and one of my allies got his army lost, he rebuilded it at a fast speed, and while my other ally is fighting, he was camping at his base with an 90 Food army..

One of the team game issues that need fixing. At moment AMAI works its best in solo and possibly FFa.

Quote:
The AMAI computer also have some advantages which aren't really nice, without scouting any enemy base he says let's rush the Elf base. I did iseedeadpeople and it was true, Giving me information that ruins the basic of scouting.

In ffa games yes it will possible give away things like that. I'll look into some sort of solution. I was planning to implement AMAI scouting like human but was outvoted by otheres.

Quote:
My 2 UD allies also made expansions and made 2 towers each with few combat buildings, without a necropolis...Which means they cant defend those combat building rendering them useless.

In 2.50 beta 9 necropolis are built at towns futher away. CLose positions will be just the 2 towers and a graveyard(this fixes ghoul lumbering issues)

If you feel this is ineffective more info would be useful of how to improve.

Quote:
Also I went to computers only mode, turned iseedeadpeople and saw that whenever my enemy does hit and run on an expansion and my ally teleports to his base they immediatly pulloff without even seeing them (happened 4 times).

THis is kinda profile linked. Certain profiles are more likely to run away from enemies while some never run away unless they really really outnumbered. This puts some variety into AMAI. So Chick3n will run away easily while agressio will probrably pound into the enemy at the town.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, It's a great mod but nothing is perfect, so we try to make it as good as possible.

Keep up the good work

~Dead

Cheers dead, new opinions from different people is really useful
Old 09-15-2006, 08:41 PM   #10
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN
Robie williams ROFL

DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)DeaD_MeN_WalkiN will become famous soon enough (37)

Send a message via AIM to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN Send a message via MSN to DeaD_MeN_WalkiN

I'll do anything to help. Gona also try the other races if you'd like

Retired (Well I'm still doing freelance works).
DeaD_MeN_WalkiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #11
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

no need to ask me :P
Old 09-18-2006, 06:23 PM   #12
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyack
Now on topic... I remebered a thing that was posted in the old forum... the text tags in units in order to show what actions are they doing, and for taunting maybe. I don't know if this feature can be implemented.

Its already in. Turning the debug mode on in developer edition globalsettings.txt file should reveal these.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:16 AM   #13
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

Woau!!! I'll have to check it out :D

I was thinking that the main usage of this tags is for example when the hero approaches to the enemy it would show as a war cry "ATTACK my warriors" or something like that, or when they approach the city something like "Dont leave anybody alive, destroy it all".

Last edited by moyack : 09-19-2006 at 03:17 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:44 PM   #14
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Submissions (1)

Not yet as that would be quite a heavy task including all the language translation for it all.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:31 PM   #15
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User

Submissions (17)

I understand... yes this is a huge thing... as a debug system it will fit perfectly