wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing > Warcraft lore
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-12-2006, 03:37 PM   #1
shadowz123
User

shadowz123 has little to show at this moment (8)

Default The Old Gods

These beings truly exist! ones C'Thun, the rest havent been named. theyre locations maybe:

- Beneath Tirisfal Glades
- Beneath the Maelstrom
- Beneath Quel'thalas

We know where C'Thun is, in Ahn'Qiraj. and the final old god is dead.
shadowz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-12-2006, 04:10 PM   #2
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

Yeah... what's your point?

Be excellent to each other.
Whitehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:54 AM   #3
Mecheon
User

Mecheon has little to show at this moment (5)

Uh... Why would they exist below Quel'Thalas?

I mean, I can understand Tirisfal, and the Maelstrom isn't much of a leap considering the Naga, but why Quel'Thalas?

I've seen NOTHING to suggest that at all. The other one probably lies in the north, beneath Azjol'Nerub, but nothing at all suggests ANYTHING lying beneath Quel'Thalas
Mecheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:34 AM   #4
Whitehorn
SPOON!

Respected User

Submissions (114)

Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)Whitehorn is a name known to all (510)

It's a huge nexus of power - hence the Troll's settled there and got kinda pissed when the High Elves moved in on their holy land.

Be excellent to each other.
Whitehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:12 AM
Shadowy Crafter
This message has been deleted by Shadowy Crafter. Reason: erasing traces 2
Old 07-16-2006, 06:19 AM   #5
Mecheon
User

Mecheon has little to show at this moment (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitehorn
It's a huge nexus of power - hence the Troll's settled there and got kinda pissed when the High Elves moved in on their holy land.

Jungle Trolls lived in Stranglethorn for centuries and that's never been much other than a jungle.

The trolls consider Gurubashi to be sacred ground, but there's nothing to suggest that its got any link to anything

Really, Quel'Thalas only became a nexus after the High Elves manipulated the local Runestones and made the Sunwell, which they couldn't do over at Tirisfal because they sensed something there

They sensed something at Tirisfal, so they left. Why would they go to somewhere else where something lay, rather than somewhere were nothing was?
Mecheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:36 AM   #6
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)

Nobody knows where the Old Gods are located, its reasonable to assume there is possibly a physical projection of one under tirisfal and that the prison is located under the maelstrom, but Blizzard havn't released anything certain, and anything else is entirely speculation.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:31 AM   #7
Belphegor666
User

Submissions (1)

Belphegor666 is on a distinguished road (16)

Since the thread is already open can I ask few questions. Titans conquered Azeroth and stealed it from the Old gods, right? As I understand some of them were defeated and killed by the Titans. Anyway after Sargeras went berserk (or whatever blizz says now), he never bothered to look for the old gods, to bend them to do his bidding? Hows that? I mean I heard some of them are still alive, and I'm guessing Titans>Old Gods (they kicked their arse already) . They would be a great asset to any good invading army.
Belphegor666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:36 AM   #8
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)Pheonix-IV is a jewel in the rough (212)

It took the entire Titanic Pantheon (Read, the strongest Titans) in a combined effort to bring the 5 Old Gods down, and even then it was a very close thing, with heavy casualties on the Titan's side. 1 Single Titan would get overwhelmed by an Old God with ease, much less 3.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:26 AM   #9
Belphegor666
User

Submissions (1)

I didn't know there were many Titans, I only knew about 3 of them... And besides neither was Sargeras alone. Hmm.. still I guess he could overpower one of the Old gods, I mean the powers he could get from a single one could quickly match up any casaulties the Burning Legion could suffer...
Old 07-16-2006, 10:27 AM   #10
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix-IV
It took the entire Titanic Pantheon (Read, the strongest Titans) in a combined effort to bring the 5 Old Gods down, and even then it was a very close thing, with heavy casualties on the Titan's side. 1 Single Titan would get overwhelmed by an Old God with ease, much less 3.

Yet one has been killed by mere mortals.

Last edited by Nasrudin : 07-16-2006 at 10:29 AM.
Nasrudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #11
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

C'Thun is not nearly a whole Old God, what you fight is merely the mortal Avatar of a greatly weakened and almost dead Old God, which is the whole point of that quest, you have to kill C'Thun before he gathers his strength.

At full power, 1 Old God could squash Sargeras and the Burning Legion without batting an eyelid, now imagine that Sarg lets out all three.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:08 PM   #12
Nasrudin
User

Respected User

Submissions (31)

Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)Nasrudin is just really nice (327)

Now you're contradicting yourself. First you say that an old god is too powerful to be controlled by Sargeras, than that C'Thun was weak and almost defensless. But when Sargeras was corrupted by the *enter lorehole here* the old gods were already defeated, and here comes Belphegor's question.
If a bunch of people can get C'Thun while he's still weak, so does him.
Nasrudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:40 PM   #13
Belphegor666
User

Submissions (1)

Even if not to battle them, Sargeras could still make an offer to Cthn (or any Old God). For example to get back at Titans, kill enormous ammount of walking things, and gain followers across the *enter name for warcraft multiverse* (according to WoW he corupted and pulled to his side many Eredars, why not a weakend god, with more than good offering)
PS. I'm guessing that Oldies have some sort of mind and can agree to such baragin. Unless they are demented etc...

Last edited by Belphegor666 : 07-16-2006 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:50 AM
Shadowy Crafter
This message has been deleted by Shadowy Crafter. Reason: erasing traces 2
Old 07-17-2006, 02:09 AM   #14
Pheonix-IV
I want you inside me...

Submissions (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasrudin
Now you're contradicting yourself. First you say that an old god is too powerful to be controlled by Sargeras, than that C'Thun was weak and almost defensless. But when Sargeras was corrupted by the *enter lorehole here* the old gods were already defeated, and here comes Belphegor's question.
If a bunch of people can get C'Thun while he's still weak, so does him.

C'Thun is greatly weakend because he was almost killed during the original war, his original body was actually destroyed, and what you fight is merely a pathetic avatar he has constructed over the millennia as he warped the Aqir into the Qiraji to serve as his minions.

C'Thun in WoW is also vastly scaled down in power for gameplay purposes, in the actual lore it will take, at least, a massive effort by the combined Horde and Alliances forces to bring him down, with thousands dying every second, but since that is way beyond the capability of the WoW engine they have to work with raid numbers.

The same is true for Ragnaros, he's in an extremely weakened state due to his poor summoning into the world, but even so he, like everything else in the Warcraft universe in WoW, is scaled down for gameplay purposes.

Do not take the raid groups as an accurate depiction of the power of characters, they are a gameplay limitation and, to quote Metzen "Are in no way related the the lore."

You can't reason with the Old Gods, they are ageless beings that make plans that take ten thousand years to take effect, they care nothing for Sargeras or Azeroth or the Titans or anything else, they wish only to consume everything and they care nothing for Azeroth, as was shown in the WotA trilogy where they planned to piggyback the portal that Sargeras was coming through, thus destroying Azeroth with the backlash but freeing their spirits and bodies. How can you reason with a being who wishes only to consume you? Simply, you can't.

The Old Gods are a wildcard which even Sargeras in his maddened state was not stupid enough to try and unleash, if he was even capable of doing so, that the 5 Old Gods and their Elemental armies took on the most powerful beings in the known universe (Barring "True" Gods) and almost won even so, and considering that Sargeras, solo, beat the crap out of the Legion with his eyes closed, you start to see just how powerful the Old Gods are.

And then the final point, Shadow is right, Sargeras was sent back to the Great Dark Beyond when Medivh was slain the first time, his spirit has vanished from this world and there is no concievable way (at this moment in time) to reach him. The Titans are long gone and the Lich King wouldn't even be a gnat to them, the Old Gods are the most powerful beings near Azeroth atm by a long shot, just one of the 3 who are still whole could easily dominate the entire world.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:01 PM   #15
Belphegor666
User

Submissions (1)

Ok, that may explain something, but still how come the Old Gods even in their weakend state never once tried to get out, through their minions and regain some power. I mean why are they sleeping ffs they should be out conquering mortals and consuming them...