wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > General Mapping Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 04-02-2006, 04:32 AM   #16
karukef
User

karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)

Oh, this is were I wish I could remember all the ability experimenting I have done in the past.

Right now, I can provide something probably no-one can use for anything. A list of all abilities with different base-order that can be autocast and also have no targets.

The reason to have such a list is if you want to have "dual action" buttons. That is, an ability that can do one ting when left-clicked and another thing when right-clicked. For example in my item system, which holds items in a spellbook, you can left-click the icon to activate it or right click to sell it.

Spirit Touch
Essence of Blight
Replenish
Frenzy
Phase Shift
Get corpse (requires corpse nearby to be clickable)
Carrion beetles (requires corpse nearby to be clickable)
Raise dead (requires corpse nearby to be clickable)

Spirit Touch, Essence of Blight and Replenish are the best, as they can be completely nullified in my experience, by removing arts, buffs and negating allowable targets.

Frenzy can almost be nullified by setting duration very short. Phase Shift can NOT be nullified no matter what. (That is, if you want to avoid a tiny phase-shift, you must catch the order before it is executed and stop the unit)

Get corpse, Carrion Beetles and Raise Dead can only be clicked if a corpse is nearby, obviously. Keep an invisible unit with a corpse cargo hold (like meatwagon) near the unit that needs to use these.

Oh, and has anyone mentioned Runed Bracers (AIsr)? A simple way of giving a unit a percentage resistance to magic damage. Also abilities like Elune's Grace (Aegr) can give a unit percentage resistance to magic and/or piercing attacks.

I'll add to the thread as soon as I can rememeber things. Like where I have put my list of all summon abilities that doesn't share base-order. (Yeah, another thing no-one will need?) :)

Last edited by karukef : 04-02-2006 at 04:41 AM.
karukef is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 04-02-2006, 02:31 PM   #17
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

Good additions, keep em coming.
I'll add them as soon as I have some spare time.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:41 PM   #18
Earth-Fury
Two Blue

Submissions (7)

Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)

Send a message via MSN to Earth-Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitzerMike
Burrow: Seemed to work when I tried it - maybe fixed?

I just tried it again and got these results from my testing:
- Units that can see invisible or "both" can see invisible and burrowed units
- Units that can see "burrowed" cannot see anything beyonde visible units.

I tested this by placing a bunch of burrowed crypt fiends and invisible units around a map, and making 3 units: 1 that sees invisible, 1 that sees burrowed, and 1 that sees both. Only the units that could see invisible and both could see anything.

It seems that burrowed invisiblity was never implimented, yet burrowed detection was... unless im missing something big.
Search
Tutorials
Ability Guide

UnitMaxState
BonusMod

AutoIndex
ARGB
TimerUtils

Earth-Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:44 PM   #19
karukef
User

karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)karukef has a spectacular aura about (97)

I have tested this as well, and can verify Earth-Fury's findings.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:23 PM   #20
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Oh noes, will include that in my next update...
Old 04-08-2006, 03:13 AM   #21
Babylon2006
User

Babylon2006 seems to be the reincarnation of Wormskull (-11)

Send a message via ICQ to Babylon2006 Send a message via MSN to Babylon2006

WOW!! Dig to the treasure
Babylon2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #22
shadow1500
STARCRAFT II OMFG

Submissions (9)

shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)

Send a message via ICQ to shadow1500 Send a message via AIM to shadow1500 Send a message via MSN to shadow1500

Quote:
Get corpse (requires corpse nearby to be clickable)
Carrion beetles (requires corpse nearby to be clickable)
Raise dead (requires corpse nearby to be clickable)
is it possible to place the meatwagon unit somewhere on the map and then just set the range on the spell to a high value?
shadow1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:51 AM   #23
karukef
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1500
is it possible to place the meatwagon unit somewhere on the map and then just set the range on the spell to a high value?

I tried having a corpse in the corner of the map, and discovered that these spells only raise corpses that are nearby regardless of the range setting.

Post 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitzerMike
[*]Aasl (Tornado Slow Aura): This aura is perfect to add buffs to units that have no effects at all. Just set the targets allowed to self and the effect of the aura to zero. The ability doesn't have an icon. If you need more dummy buffs you can also use other auras and hide them in a disabled spellbook.

There is no need to use other auras to get other dummy buffs. I just tested making two copies of Aasl and giving each one a different buff, and then gave a footman both abilities. He got both buff icons.

Big big respect goes to Slow Aura for being one of the most badass utility-abilities I know of :)

Edited by Blade.dk. Reason: Double post.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:33 AM   #24
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)

You can't use slow aura for everthing, because it always shows a red headline, in case you want to create a positive buff you need a green one.
Special thanks to Vexorian who helped me learn jass, the real jass and always helped me when problems occured, I would call him somehow my mentor. Pipedream, who made amazing Grimoire and helped me acclerating my map (currently at 99% finished, no developement atm).

Vote for Linux Ports in general of Blizzard products: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ibpfl/
BertTheJasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 02:46 PM   #25
shadow1500
STARCRAFT II OMFG

Submissions (9)

shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)shadow1500 is just really nice (306)

Send a message via ICQ to shadow1500 Send a message via AIM to shadow1500 Send a message via MSN to shadow1500

You can make it green with color codes, like |cFFFF0000Cripple|r would be red, and |cFF00FF00Inner Fire|r would be green.
shadow1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:25 PM   #26
Moss
User

Moss is on a distinguished road (11)

One possibly useful hidden orderid is 851973, it is issued to any units that are War Stomped, and I assume stunned in other ways. I think it works like a hold position + hold fire order, but I haven't tested it much. The only reason I know about it is because War Stomp was screwing up a trigger I had when units recieve any order. Strangely I think it is considered an order targetting a unit, if memory serves, but the targeted unit doesn't equal anything.

Sorry if this is just poluting the thread, I figured it might be useful.
Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:07 PM   #27
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)

@Shadow1500:
Didn't think of that yet. That's quite usefull and saves me a lot of spellbooks.
+Rep

@Moss:
This may become usefull for one or the other user. It was the <right(?)> decision to post it.

By the way:
The buff 'Bpsd' behaves strange when you use an ability like curse and use this buff and target was not poisioned before, the buff gets removed. Strange but might get usefull. ;)
Special thanks to Vexorian who helped me learn jass, the real jass and always helped me when problems occured, I would call him somehow my mentor. Pipedream, who made amazing Grimoire and helped me acclerating my map (currently at 99% finished, no developement atm).

Vote for Linux Ports in general of Blizzard products: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ibpfl/

Last edited by BertTheJasser : 04-27-2006 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:09 PM   #28
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

Thanks for the additions Bert, shadow1500, karukef and Earth-Fury and Moss. I've added them to the guide today.

I'd like to point out that blizzard obviously changed the way some abilities stack in a recent patch. Abilities like mana/life regeneration bonus, attack/movement speed bonus, elunes grace, critical strike ... now also stack. That means they can be used like in BonusMod to dynamically change those stats for a unit at runtime

BTW a list of summoning abilities could be handy...
Old 05-21-2006, 06:18 PM   #29
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

Got about another bug. When the unit ability drain iscasted on a unit with deactivated manashield, and when the unit is channeling drain and the target unit activates it's mana shield, it does not lose life nor mana. Strange. :S

Old 05-22-2006, 08:27 AM   #30
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Submissions (12)

Weird, indeed.

Yesterday I found that the Sphere ability can also add a missile to point target and object target spells.
I never noticed this on the Bloodmage before and first thought it was actually part of the unit model.
But I finally found the missile model is specified in the sphere ability.