wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Stories / Writing > Warcraft lore
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #16
TDR
♪♫

Modeling & Gallery Moderator

Submissions (84)

TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)TDR has much to be proud of (701)

Hero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceConcept art session 6 - Sea dwellersModeling session 3 - Critters

congratulations for reviving a one year old thread
Old 09-06-2007, 01:40 PM   #17
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

That's what I told him...
Old 03-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #19
zorgon23
User

zorgon23 has little to show at this moment (0)

But what about that little hint in the expansion Blood Elf Campaign about Diablo with the butcher and wirts leg hmm just think about that
Old 03-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #20
azlier
User

azlier is on a distinguished road (10)

congratulations for reviving a three year old thread
Old 03-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #21
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

In this case, it's okay. The Stories and Writing Forum is VERY lenient on thread necromancy. As in matter of fact, I encourage it, so we don't have to create the same discussion over and over again when it's already there. This part of the forum is dead slow regardless, so really- it doesn't matter if threads get revived.

True: I don't have mod powers over the entire Stories/Writing Forum, but I am one of the only people who still actively participate in it. Considering how many posts the Stories/Writing sub-forums gets, I am here quite frequently.

On topic: I'm pretty sure that any reference to Diablo is just a cameo appearance. It's not like we get to see Uther/Arthas use their guitar again.
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

ó 1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 03-06-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #22
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

To answer the question:

I don't know where you got the idea Sargeras was dead. He's a freakin' ex-Titan. He runs the Burning Legion.

Archimonde is dead, though. Kil'jaedan is alive, and runs his "section" I would assume (as Arch. + Kil. were acting as sub-generals).
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:38 AM   #23
Traxamillion
User

Traxamillion has little to show at this moment (3)

Send a message via MSN to Traxamillion

Sargeras > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Mannoroth

in that order.
Traxamillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #24
Linaze
User

Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)

Sargeras > Kil'jaeden > Azgalor I would say, since two of the above are dead, and Azgalor took over Mannoroth's position after his death.
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #25
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

I know we could probably debate endlessly, but:

Sargeras -> Archimonde / Kil'jaedan -> etc
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #26
The Dark One
User

The Dark One will become famous soon enough (25)

I agree with Ignited.

On topic: Sargeras is the founder and the supreme leader of the Burning Legion and is not as easy to kill as that.
The second in commands are Archimonde and Kilíjaeden, the first leads the army and the attacks with Mannoroth as his officer while the second gathers recruits and new agents with Tychanderious as his officer.

The Burning Legion would probably work at 50% or less of itís power until replacements for the lost leaders are found.

The reason why Kilíjaeden didnít destroy the frozen throne himself is because he canít cross into Azaroth without someone to summon him, just like Archimonde.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #27
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Huh... Does this mean that Kil'jaeden is the next nemesis (Warcraft IV)? Or will they make it the Old Gods?
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

ó 1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:06 AM   #28
The Dark One
User

The Dark One will become famous soon enough (25)

I donít think so, Kilíjaeden is called the Deceiver for a reason, he prefers to use sneaky tactics and collapse his enemies from within instead of Archimondeís direct attack method.

With the legion crippled as it is, the main enemy would be the Lich Knight (Arthas + Lich King). But who knows what the guys at Blizzard may think.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:12 AM   #29
cosmicat
Probably AFK

cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)

Illidan: I want to learn more magic tricks.
Kil'Jaeden: Illidan, Ner'Zhul is being naughty. You must destroy him!
Illidan: Why don't you do it?
Kil'Jaeden: Because I'm a demon so I can't appear in your world unless somebody summons me.
Illidan: Promise?
Kil'Jaeden: Of course! I'm Kil'Jaeden the Deceiver! You can trust me!
Illidan: Oh, OK.

~~~

Illidan: Oh crud I failed. Kil'Jaeden is going to kill me. I'd better go hide in a dimension that he can access, instead of staying here where he doesn't actually have any power yet. Quick guys, let's go to a random demon-infested plane that Blizzard came up with forever ago and forgot about, just so they have an excuse to use it again!
Kael: Um, if you wanna melt the Frozen Throne, I can just Flame Strike it or something...
Illidan: No no that's a bad idea.

~~~

Arthas: At last! I have reached the Frozen Throne! I am going to rush in all by myself at level 1!
Illidan: And I am level 10 and have a really huge base and an enormous army of units! So let's have a one-on-one duel in which I refuse to use Metamorphosis, Mana Burn, or Immolation!
Arthas: Wow you're really smart.
Illidan: omg Death Knights so OP.

Last edited by cosmicat : 03-08-2009 at 07:13 AM.
cosmicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:52 AM   #30
Ikum-bokum
User

Submissions (4)

Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)

Above post is made of lol.
Ikum-bokum is offline   Reply With Quote