wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Concept Art / Fan Art
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
Shadow_Strike
Pokemon Trainer

Submissions (1)

Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)

Default Yesssssss

After whoring myself through adult comics, commissions, and normal work, I have finally bought the tablet of my dreams.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Hard work has its rewards. Congratulations.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
EvilNoodle
User

Submissions (1)

EvilNoodle is on a distinguished road (21)

oooooh cool :D
*steals tablet*

Last edited by EvilNoodle : 07-01-2009 at 06:28 PM.
EvilNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

I personally think cintiqs are rubbish, but grats on it.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:12 PM
moyack
This message has been deleted by moyack.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
Shadow_Strike
Pokemon Trainer

Submissions (1)

Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)Shadow_Strike is a jewel in the rough (168)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwtenpeller
I personally think cintiqs are rubbish, but grats on it.
:o

but why?
Old 07-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #6
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Feels less accurate, and hand obscures drawing. I always found that one of the biggest perks of digital painting is that your hand doesn't get in the way of the drawing.

The way i look at it those things just arn't worth the money, they're fun toys but don't really contribute to the quality of your work.

Now if i where to drool over anything, it'd be this:

...Sheer motherucking perfection.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

But doesn't it suck for hand-eye coordination to have to draw on one surface while looking somewhere else entirely? I always thought these draw-where-you-look tablets were way better precisely because of this.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #8
EvilNoodle
User

Submissions (1)

EvilNoodle is on a distinguished road (21)

Well its not really a problem to look somewhere else while drawing, you'll get used to it after 10-30 minutes or so it doesnt take long time.

Last edited by EvilNoodle : 07-02-2009 at 03:23 PM.
EvilNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #9
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

You do that with your mouse all the time anyway. I havenīt even touched a tablet in my life though, so what the hell I know...

Anyway, īgrats for your adquisition SS.
NiRVaNa_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiRVaNa_87
You do that with your mouse all the time anyway.
Yeah, but with a mouse, you see where the cursor is. Imagine if the mouse only showed it's cursor when you clicked a mouse button. Then again, maybe tablets have a way of showing where the pen is even when you're not drawing, I don't know.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #11
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
But doesn't it suck for hand-eye coordination to have to draw on one surface while looking somewhere else entirely? I always thought these draw-where-you-look tablets were way better precisely because of this.
I suppose it probably is down to personal preference, really.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #12
Deathcom3s
User

Submissions (1)

Deathcom3s has little to show at this moment (1)

I prefer my intuos to a Cintiq, Cintiqs just seem to cost a bit too much.
Deathcom3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:44 AM   #13
ike_ike
User

Submissions (5)

ike_ike will become famous soon enough (30)ike_ike will become famous soon enough (30)

Offtopic: You actually USE those penstand things they include with tablets?

Ontopic: making adult comics pays well, huh? Hmmm... time to learn some female anatomy.
ike_ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #14
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

Quote:
Yeah, but with a mouse, you see where the cursor is. Imagine if the mouse only showed it's cursor when you clicked a mouse button. Then again, maybe tablets have a way of showing where the pen is even when you're not drawing, I don't know.
What have you been smoking? Tablet is just another way of controlling the mouse, basically. It doesn't remove the cursor or whatever silly things you think are going on...
Old 07-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #15
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

akolyt0r has a spectacular aura about (120)

Quote:

you can move the cursor even when the pen does NOT touch the tablet at all ...
hovering over the tablet (1-2cm) is sufficient ..