wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Obsidian Depths
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-12-2009, 02:39 AM   #1
ClichesAreSt00pid
User

ClichesAreSt00pid has little to show at this moment (4)

Default "The Game Will End In 10 Seconds"

Remove this immediately. It has no purpose whatsoever but to disrupt remakes of the game and leave people in the dust.
ClichesAreSt00pid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-12-2009, 02:54 AM   #2
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Uh, what? It tells people how long they have before the game ends. I could make it longer..?
Old 05-12-2009, 03:16 AM   #3
ClichesAreSt00pid
User

Make it not end period. They can just leave when they're ready.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:19 AM   #4
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

I feel like the game should end sometime.. Some people go afk forever and if the game never ends, they keep that gamename in use. That can be annoying if you're hosting using the same name a lot. I don't know, maybe I'll just increase it to like 2 minutes or something.

Most people can sort their stuff out and will leave before 2 minutes is up anyways.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:21 AM   #5
ClichesAreSt00pid
User

Yeah 2 minutes sounds good.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:41 AM   #6
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Okay, I'll do that then. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)
Old 05-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
busterkomo
User

Submissions (1)

busterkomo is on a distinguished road (10)

You could make the game instantly re-set and be playable again from the start (similar to DoE). ;)
busterkomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #8
Chasab
User

Chasab has little to show at this moment (0)

Id like to see the game reset to the begining also. we had a core group of 7 people through 5 games and having to remake it each time was kinda a bummer.
Chasab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #9
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Well, it would be very easy to reset it to the beginning, but I don't do that for a few main reasons. A friend of mine keeps track of how many games are played of a map in a day, and if I have a built in reset function, it'd skew how many games are actually played. Also, my other thought is to promote new players getting into a group of players. A dungeon crawler is a different beast than an AoS, since it isn't competitive, I feel that fully remaking the game feels more correct and offers players the most chance to play.

Dunno, that's just how I feel.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #10
Chasab
User

that makes sense, its to bad b-net doesnt allow people to join games in progress at set intervals.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #11
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Yeah, if it could do that, I'd totally implement a reset.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:23 AM   #12
Fledermaus
default string

Submissions (1)

Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)Fledermaus is a jewel in the rough (194)

Send a message via MSN to Fledermaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
I feel like the game should end sometime.. Some people go afk forever and if the game never ends, they keep that gamename in use.
Doesn't the name stay in use if they're still in the score screen (afk)?
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:24 AM   #13
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Does it? Not sure.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #14
Chasab
User

Dusk what about a continue option.

Like for each master time you beat you get a continue, so if your whole team wipes it will restart from that level.

Only the really good teams will get them so 95% of games wont ever have it happen, but sometimes when you have a good team and just some bad luck it would be nice to get that do over.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #15
~Void~
Inactive as fuck

Submissions (39)

~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)

How about make it end when the host leaves?