wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > The Dawn of Chaos
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
The_Skullpitter
Realm Design Executive

Project Leader: DoC

The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)

Send a message via MSN to The_Skullpitter
Default DAWN OF CHAOS OPEN BETA RELEASE!

OPEN BETA
The Lion Roars, Chapter One: The Plains of Azeroth

Today we are releasing the first of what will probably become a series of open beta demos, containing the first mission of the Human campaign in Warcraft: The Dawn of Chaos. We have released full demos with multiple missions before, but this single map release does not represent a step backward. This map and the patch file which accompanies it contain ALL of the completed art necessary. Every model and texture required for the mission has been implemented. The mission has (temporary) voice acting, new music, a new user interface, new loading screens and game menus, and entirely new model and texture art. This is the first time we have released anything resembling a completed product. Although it is only a single mission, we feel that it represents the level of change and innovation our total modification project has to offer.
Players are encouraged to report any and all flaws with this product after playing. It has been extensively tested and represents a great deal of hard work by the team, particularly John Drake, and we would appreciate the opportunity to improve it in any way possible.

Please keep the following in mind while playing:
1) Neither the unit soundsets for Lothar and the Peasant or the interface speechfile have been included in this first release. We will shortly update the download to include them; they were omitted due to an unfortunate file corruption issue, and we wished to release the open beta on the day we promised we would. All mission and cinematic speech is included.
2) Lothar's voice actor is temporary.
3) There is only one mission in this release.
4) You should turn all texture options in Warcraft III to maximum before playing.
5) Hard difficulty level has not been completed; do not select it.
6) There are two very minor typos in the Runner's speech in the ending cinematic. These will be fixed in the next release.

You must consult the included Readme.txt for installation instructions. We are not responsible for the loss of your original patch file if you fail to do so.

If you enjoy this demo, please spread the word! Included in the download archive is a credits file; please give it a glance because these people make Dawn of Chaos possible.

DOWNLOAD TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE

I had a dream a few months ago. The Pope was teaching Pope Class in my dining room. We all had Pope uniforms and we were sitting at my dining room table. I was like the Pope Class Clown. I got in a huge fight with the Pope, and he made me fail a test out of spite so I threw a fit, ran upstairs, threw my Pope robes down the stairs at him, ran into my room, fell on my ass into my laundry basket and cried.
After I woke up I was furious with the Pope for about a week.
Then he died.

Last edited by John_Drake : 08-20-2009 at 04:19 PM.
The_Skullpitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
TriggerHappy

Submissions (2)

TriggerHappy will become famous soon enough (43)TriggerHappy will become famous soon enough (43)

Downloading...
TriggerHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:43 PM   #3
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Putting on "To-Download" list...
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
The_Skullpitter
Realm Design Executive

The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)The_Skullpitter has a spectacular aura about (94)

I'm gonna be watching this place like a hawk, so you can expect that any questions or comments will be answered promptly.

I had a dream a few months ago. The Pope was teaching Pope Class in my dining room. We all had Pope uniforms and we were sitting at my dining room table. I was like the Pope Class Clown. I got in a huge fight with the Pope, and he made me fail a test out of spite so I threw a fit, ran upstairs, threw my Pope robes down the stairs at him, ran into my room, fell on my ass into my laundry basket and cried.
Then he died.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:50 PM   #5
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Why?
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 02-28-2009, 11:09 PM   #6
TriggerHappy

Submissions (2)

TriggerHappy will become famous soon enough (43)TriggerHappy will become famous soon enough (43)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Skullpitter
I'm gonna be watching this place like a hawk, so you can expect that any questions or comments will be answered promptly.

qft.
TriggerHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #7
Linaze
User

Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)

This was, simply put, awesome. First and foremost, it really had the wc1 feel it should have. It felt like wc1 in 3D, any by succeeding with that, I hereby say it, you are on your way to create the mightiest wc3 mod in the history of wc3.
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:28 PM   #8
The_Skullpitter
Realm Design Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linaze
This was, simply put, awesome. First and foremost, it really had the wc1 feel it should have. It felt like wc1 in 3D, any by succeeding with that, I hereby say it, you are on your way to create the mightiest wc3 mod in the history of wc3.

Wow, that's a damned encouraging first comment. Thanks for the support!
Feel free to share any other impressions, and if you find anything that seems to not be working, let us know.

Then he died.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:31 AM   #9
Joker
User

Joker will become famous soon enough (32)Joker will become famous soon enough (32)

File size is huge..

Where do we place the map?

Last edited by Joker : 03-01-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:50 AM   #10
Linaze
User

Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)

Everything is in the readme.
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:31 AM   #11
The_Skullpitter
Realm Design Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker
File size is huge..

Where do we place the map?

The file size is huge because it replaces practically everything in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linaze
Everything is in the readme.

Indeed it is. For future reference, the file path for the map is as follows: Warcraft III/Maps/DoC/Campaign/Human.

Then he died.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:28 AM   #12
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Hmm, I detect no answer to my question... :P

With Linaze' comments, I can't wait to check it, though.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:07 AM   #13
The_Skullpitter
Realm Design Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
Hmm, I detect no answer to my question... :P

Q: Why?
A: Because.

Unless there was a deeper question there which I somehow missed.
Anyway, enjoy the map.

Then he died.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:41 AM   #14
weg
User

weg is on a distinguished road (11)

whooo!! everything lived up to my expectations! now I want.. more!! lol anyway
Lothar's animations we're quite iffy though.. anyway its all good
weg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:27 AM   #15
The_Skullpitter
Realm Design Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by weg
whooo!! everything lived up to my expectations! now I want.. more!! lol anyway
Lothar's animations we're quite iffy though.. anyway its all good

Lothar's animations will be a work in progress for a long time. They're a lot better than they used to be, let me tell you. For now, he's animated well enough that we're spending time on more noticeable or less complete aspects of the project.

Glad you liked it! As for getting more... we're working on it.

Then he died.