wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Model & .Mdl Editing Corner
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-27-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
Matarael
User

Submissions (2)

Matarael will become famous soon enough (49)Matarael will become famous soon enough (49)

Default Look at this model I'm making.

Guess what it is.

Zoom (requires log in)

Also, please tell me (as if I'm a 10 year old) how to attach the Fire Pandaren animation to it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leo.jpg (57.2 KB, 346 views)
Matarael is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Mutant Ninja Turtles. Cool.

And I'm pretty sure Oinkerwinkle made an animation-transferring program that is very self-explanatory, but I couldn't link you to it because I don't know where to find it.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 12-27-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Oink's anim transfer isn't what you're looking for. But it can be had at http://www.oinkerwinkle.com.

What you need is to rig up a dummy skeleton in the style of the Fire Pandaren's skeleton, export the model, fiddle with the matrices to realign them to the panda's actual skeleton, then shunt the geometry over. Deceptively simple.

I'll go into detail if you think you're hard-core enough to handle it; it's relatively tough if you don't know your way around the MDL.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:29 PM   #4
Arowanna
User

Submissions (1)

Arowanna has little to show at this moment (1)

TMNT!
Haha cool-like!
Im looking forward to se
how this model ends up!
Arowanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
Matarael
User

Submissions (2)

Matarael will become famous soon enough (49)Matarael will become famous soon enough (49)

This is harder than I thought :-/

I'm now texturing it. LOL @ how amateur I am. But this isn't over yet. I'll get it right.

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HMMMMMM.jpg (56.6 KB, 256 views)
Old 01-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #6
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

Fun idea, I'll keep my eye on this.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #7
Matarael
User

Submissions (2)

Progress:

In my effort to figure out how texturing/mapping a model that I made myself works, I discovered how to assign the model to an existing skin. LOL.
This means I could just make 1 skin with all the weapons and make 4 turtle models later.

I am now rewrapping (from scratch) it so it doesn't suck as much.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #8
Matarael
User

Submissions (2)

AHA! Got it (the wrapping, i mean. Blizzard is so weird with the wrap placements). Now I will fix up little errors in the model (like the belt not connecting properly) and I will finish the skin.

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leoskinned.jpg (54.3 KB, 225 views)
Old 01-09-2008, 12:54 AM   #9
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

This model kicks ass so far, are you going to release it? I'm sure I'll find some crazy use for it somewhere, somehow, sometime.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #10
Matarael
User

Submissions (2)

Yeah ofcourse I will release it here, but after I finish skinning it and (this is what I can't do yet) animating it.

Progress:

I rearranged some stuff on the skin to make room for future customizations like different weapons and stuff. Just in case I decide to make the other Turtles too. But ofcourse I will have to make the mask team colour instead of just blue like now. And I just redone the belt so that it goes around the shell not (stupidly) under it. And I added the sheaths. Also: MUSCLES ARE HARD TO SKIN. Maybe it's because my model is kinda low poly (only 486 polygons last counted).

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leoskinprogress.jpg (37.6 KB, 212 views)
Old 01-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #11
DukeCz
User

Submissions (2)

DukeCz has little to show at this moment (5)

Very nice, just very nice btw its good that u are going make other turtles too

92% of teens have moved onto hip-hop. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Last edited by DukeCz : 01-09-2008 at 09:25 PM.
DukeCz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #12
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

486 is a good number for WC3 and a unit like this. Since it's a hero (or is it?), there is perhaps room for a little more; but right now, I think it is fine. Nobody will zoom in so close as to really need the muscles in geometry; not to mention too much detail in that department will make the model stylistically useless alongside in-game models.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #13
Matarael
User

Submissions (2)

Okay model DONE. I may try and animate it now, or I may just forget about animating for now and make other models :D

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LeonardoFinal.JPG (82.7 KB, 184 views)
Old 01-12-2008, 01:45 PM   #14
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Dude, weld vertices or check your smoothing groups.

You don't want that sharpness on the shoulders... Or do you?
Old 01-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #15
Matarael
User

Submissions (2)

What does welding and smoothing do? Wait nvm I'll go and try it myself. :D

By the way why is it when I try to see/preview the model it gives me those weird triangles thing (like on the swords).. They're gone if I turn off the display to "not show solid back sides" or something like that. Is it my inferior laptop video card?