wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Tropical Tag > Clan tag
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-27-2006, 08:13 PM   #1
Mystic Prophet
User

Mystic Prophet is on a distinguished road (16)

Send a message via AIM to Mystic Prophet Send a message via MSN to Mystic Prophet
Default >>>SHAMAN TRIALS<<<

TIME- 2:00 PM (pacfic standard time/ aka western time) SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 30th

PLACE- Channel Dead Fishy

NOTE- if you cannot make this time make a post saying so and we can reschedule.

PARTICIPANTS- If you wish to participate, post a reply to this thread saying so. You must also have your msn or aim posted in the instant messenger thread, or if you are uncomfortable with that for any reason you may send them to me in a private message. If you don't have a messenger, now is the time to get one.

That's right folks, the clan has grown and I think it's finally time to hold the shaman trials. The trials will consist of a series of tasks led by me, and possibly a few other helpers (who will not be attempting to gain a shaman position) Each event will give the participants a number of points based on their performance. at the end of the event I will total up the points and determine the new clan shamans.

CHEATING- Cheating of any kind will not be tolerated. If you are found to have cheated at an event, you will not only be disqualified but demoted to a peon as well, and possibly banned from the clan if the offense is great enough. During the trials you will not be allowed to give tips to other participants, maphacking is of course punishable via removal from the clan. If you are a naga chasing tannish2, feel free to camp as he'll be the only fish anyway and it won't help you at all.

-------------POSSIBLE TASKS--------------
(subject to change)
Task1: showing up, anyone who is late or leaves halfway through is disqualified. (if you must leave you better have a damn good reason)

Task2: You will show your expertise at base building. each fish will be given time to get into position, then when I give the word, everyone will start building. Building will continue until I give the word to stop. I will be judging on how quickly built and how well made your base is. going for just one or the other will not result in a win.

Task3: Triva, this will be a series of questions, most of them relating to tropical tag, but not all. I will be asking the questions in general chat, answers must be whispered to me, anyone answering in public chat will be disqualified.

Task4: everyone will receive the same fish (either the seadragon or the temporal wizard, haven't decided) and will be given a 2 minute headstart, after which they will need to evade Me as the sea witch naga for as long possible. this event will likely take place one at a time, the other participants will be completing task 5. (speed is not the only factor in this task, technique is important too.)

Task5: The participant in this event will be the Sea Witch Naga, and will be chasing Tannish2. (remember to give the 2 minute headstart) your goal is to catch him as quickly as possible. (speed is not the only factor in this task, technique is important too) anyone not particpating in either task 4 or task 5 is encouraged to play a game of uther party while they wait.

Task6: This is the final challenge, I will be asking short answer/essay questions of each individual. Once again answers must be whispered to me.

After all the tasks are completed I will need time to go over the results. The winners will be announced the following day.

Last edited by Mystic Prophet : 09-30-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Mystic Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-27-2006, 08:43 PM   #2
XxKaItOu_DaRkXx
User

XxKaItOu_DaRkXx has little to show at this moment (0)

I want to participate in the shaman trials...i hope this is what i have to do ...if not tell me plz
XxKaItOu_DaRkXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:53 PM   #3
Mystic Prophet
User

Send a message via AIM to Mystic Prophet Send a message via MSN to Mystic Prophet

heh yup that's all I need, let me know also if you cant make the time.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:02 PM   #4
Silver_Stealth_Unit001
User

Silver_Stealth_Unit001 has little to show at this moment (0)

arrggg.... bros soccer game sorry guys >.<....cant make it. Even if i could I don't like sea dragon or wizard...but if I have a chance to participate in a rematch or something they will do. And what do u qualify as cheating?(besides MH) Are bases required to have towers?

Last edited by Silver_Stealth_Unit001 : 09-28-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Silver_Stealth_Unit001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:30 PM   #5
XxKaItOu_DaRkXx
User

XxKaItOu_DaRkXx has little to show at this moment (0)

Ok good to know that i did it right....by the way i tought that stealth was a shaman , o well my mistake i guess...still cant belive 2 days have pased and im still the only 1
XxKaItOu_DaRkXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:46 PM   #6
Mystic Prophet
User

stealth IS a shaman, but they have to go through the trials too, name a time or date that would be better for you stealth. And bases don't need towers, I've played many a game where I didn't use a single attack or invisable tower and still kicked the nagas' asses. I think I'll go with the sea dragon for the fish (though submerging wont be allowed, due to tracers not being able to find. other than that aspect it's a useless skill anyway), also keep in mind that's only one part of the trials.

Last edited by Mystic Prophet : 09-28-2006 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:48 PM   #7
xaznkiller
User

xaznkiller has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via AIM to xaznkiller
Exclamation Shaman Trial

i wanna try out for it
xaznkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:12 AM   #8
toxic-snipe
User

toxic-snipe has little to show at this moment (0)

I'm in :D
toxic-snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:26 AM   #9
Sabre1
User

Sabre1 has little to show at this moment (0)

ill try though i doubt ill win is the 30th saturday or sunday? if not i cant make it at 2:00 but you said you might change the time so post that soon plz
Sabre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:40 AM   #10
Mystic Prophet
User

30th is saturday and I need to know what time you CAN be there.

EDIT: ok looks like trials will be held at the stated time, but your scores will be delayed a while, as I will need to hold a seperate trial for stealth. (yes he gets an exception, one because i dont feel like waiting till next weekend and two he's all ready proven to be a capable shaman) he will be going through the same tasks however, just at a later time.

Last edited by Mystic Prophet : 09-29-2006 at 02:32 AM.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:15 AM   #11
Evil_Gnome
User

Evil_Gnome has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Gnome

hey i cant make that time. i can make later that day i THINK, ill be able to tell you friday! im scared about the naga part, but im up for this!
Evil_Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:36 PM   #12
tannish2
User

tannish2 has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via MSN to tannish2

ok i think u should get a choice of fish but have to use the same one for all challenges, maybe WE murloc C dragon and jungle beast?

if u sleep EXACTLY the right amount its like being high (not a great hi but at least its something) but without the needles or smoke inhalation, AND ITS COMPLETELY LEGAL!
tannish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:28 PM   #13
Mystic Prophet
User

Gnome will be taking the trials around 5-6pm on satuday.
Stealth I'm not sure of yet
the 2pm time time stands for the rest of the applicants.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:38 PM   #14
Silver_Stealth_Unit001
User

Silver_Stealth_Unit001 has little to show at this moment (0)

I can go on Sunday. As for the time depends when u want to. (This response is late because the computer wouldnt launch internet explorer)

Last edited by Silver_Stealth_Unit001 : 09-29-2006 at 10:39 PM.
Silver_Stealth_Unit001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:14 PM   #15
Mystic Prophet
User

sunday? better be early morning then, because sunday is my day for DND.