wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-06-2006, 08:00 PM   #1
[niro]
User

Submissions (1)

[niro] will become famous soon enough (35)[niro] will become famous soon enough (35)

Default (8) Battle Royale Real

Battle Royale Real : Current Version : 2.1 Alpha

Don't let the title of alpha deceive you, its completely ready to play.

The Premise
May 20-22 1997: A class of junior high school students(Third Year Class B, Shiroiwa Junior High School, Shiroiwa Town, Kagawa Perfecture) are taken to a deserted island where, as part of a ruthless authoritarian program, they are provided arms and forced to kill eachother until only one survivor is left standing.

Team
niro

Much more will be added as versions continue. I will update the map as new versions are released.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battle Royale MiniMap.jpg (39.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg BRR_ss11.jpg (172.3 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg BRR_ss15.jpg (173.4 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg BRR_ss17.jpg (146.0 KB, 89 views)
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Battle Royale Real 2.1 Alpha.w3x (1.65 MB, 64 views)
Old 09-06-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
illidan92
Banned

illidan92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-10)

Wow it looks great. I'll test it when I get the chance.
illidan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 02:09 PM   #3
Chuckle_Brother
Oh for the sake of fudge

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)

Send a message via ICQ to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via AIM to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via MSN to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via Yahoo to Chuckle_Brother

Looks interesting, I will recruit some sucker to host a game for me and get back to you on my opinions.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #4
[niro]
User

Submissions (1)

[niro] will become famous soon enough (35)[niro] will become famous soon enough (35)

Rock on, thank you.

Any other Map moderaters out there need to test this or what?
Old 09-07-2006, 07:25 PM   #5
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by [niro]
Rock on, thank you.

Any other Map moderaters out there need to test this or what?

Map reviewers, you mean?

Anyway, so long as my computer (stupid celeron...) can handle a map, I will test it when I get time.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:40 AM   #6
[niro]
User

Submissions (1)

Well it says "moderator" under your name, but anyway.

Bring on the crits!
Old 09-08-2006, 03:36 PM   #7
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [niro]
Well it says "moderator" under your name, but anyway.

Bring on the crits!

Under mine, yes, not under Chuckle Brothers. I got promoted.

Anyway, I'll try and test today or this weekend, but I can't make any promises.
Quote:
Old 09-08-2006, 04:27 PM   #8
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Unapproved.

"Long periods of boredom, with brief periods of excitment."

Several bugs. People couldn't get out of the cars, and one guy got stuck in the school (couldn't get out of the first room).

Very, very boring spending half an hour wandering around, finding someone, and then killing them in a few hits because they were on half health is no my idea of fun. Especially when the best strategy is to find a place out of the way and hide.

I think one fight happened; everyone left, due to bugs and the fact it was boring. Started off with a full house (oh, except Shadow and his junk computer dropped...).

Icons: You MUST give full and individual credits for everything you import. Your credits merely had a bunch of names. Not good enough!

Also those icons did not fit in at all with the style, giving a really shoddy look.
Quote:
Old 09-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #9
[niro]
User

Submissions (1)

Understood, I've been working on more ways to make it quicker and more exciting.

Putting such an early version up may have been a mistake, due to not all the creases are ironed out yet.

I've been brain storming and will add a few more things that should make it more action-oriented.

-Time in game(the clock) will be increased, so that forbidden zones and time based events happen faster.
-Increased vision for heros
-At each announcement all students postions on the map will ping.
-Increased newbie support
-When there is gunfire the map will reveal the unit for a brief time.
-Movement speeds increased.
The bugs will be fixed aswell in the next version.

I made all the custom Icons, the only other ones I used were from darky 27's wow pack.

Thank you for your critisism!

I'll repost the newer version soon. Please give it another shot.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:56 PM   #10
aquilla
User

Submissions (1)

aquilla will become famous soon enough (71)aquilla will become famous soon enough (71)aquilla will become famous soon enough (71)

Send a message via MSN to aquilla

I liked this map because when I played alone I won within a couple of seconds.

Ehm, seriously though. When it comes to hosting a map of this size, without a fanbase, on Bnet it's quite hard to get people to join - and stay. I'll try again when you've updated it :)
aquilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #11
Chuckle_Brother
Oh for the sake of fudge

Respected User

Submissions (2)

Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)Chuckle_Brother will become famous soon enough (53)

Send a message via ICQ to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via AIM to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via MSN to Chuckle_Brother Send a message via Yahoo to Chuckle_Brother

I found it a little slow as well. However it could have some potential, so if you are willing to rework and speed up the game it MAY recieve an approval by me.

For now though Unapproved, basically for all the reasons stated by Griffen(on the subject of bugs, I will play again and make a list of what I find.)
Old 09-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #12
[niro]
User

Submissions (1)

Okay thank you both, Yes am working on the game pace, and so far its greatly improved.

The game is multiplayer only and doesn't have a single player mode, thats why you won instantly.

This map has a very large potential fan base, the being everyone that has read the novel, manga, or has seen the movie Battle Royale.

I will post the new version soon, in the meantime play it and give me crits.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:10 PM   #13
Trenix_Decease
User

Trenix_Decease has little to show at this moment (5)

This game is amazing! I'm looking for newer versions! Here are some suggestions..

This is a list what it still needs...
-More item combinations
-More notes to show combinations (since I known only like two and never did a combination yet after like 20 games). Maybe you should add them to the quest log...
-More houses to get into. Some should be locked, and the only way to get in is by kicking the door open.
-More cars, only seen like three or four.
-More carts, boxes, barrels, to break and get more items... since you rarely find the items to create the right combination.
-More items.

Suggestions..

-Only could hold one weapon at a time. This means no melee and gun.. cause thats kinda hard to do.
-The pocket knive should be a plain weapon, not being able to hold 6 of them to add up your damage.
-Make rock do a longer stun instead of a second it should be about 2 to 3 seconds.
-Cars should give off a flash light effect constantly.
-Every 5 to 6 minutes or so, the time of day should change, making at day no need for a flashlight.
-When someone busts open a door you should be pinged, like when someone shoots a gun.
-Allow us to able to vote for the amount of lives we get. (Max should be like 5, or more.. up to you just I want more then 2)

Bug

-I used a bandage multiple times and I was still bleeding.

Hope this will help you or give you ideas XD

Last edited by Trenix_Decease : 09-21-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Trenix_Decease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #14
Captain Griffen

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Is there going to be a new version soon (ie: within a week, at the very most)? If not (or there is no reply within 24 hours), I'll move it. If you don't ask for it to go to the map discussion section, I'll graveyard it.
Quote:
Old 09-22-2006, 06:52 PM   #15
[niro]
User

Submissions (1)

New version is close to done, and i've implemented alot of stuff and fixed alot of things.

Thank you for the feedback trenix.

I have covered the item combinations, and gave nearly every destrutable a chance to drop items.

The only problem with voting for lives is the limit on the amount of students, no student is used twice. Once i add the next 20 students which is a significant amount of work there will be double the amount of live and choosing lives will become a possiblity.

thanks for the feedback