wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
MasterofSickness
User

MasterofSickness is on a distinguished road (23)

Question Disable tooltip-text from upper right (no costs,...)

Well... how is this possible?
I can delete almost the whole text from this tooltip, but in the end I still have the text "100%" which I just can't get rid of...
I can not find it in the game interface, where is it?
MasterofSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-27-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

You mean the Upkeep data? We have had many threads about this, no one was able to remove the 100%.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:05 PM   #3
MasterofSickness
User

Quote:
I have seen that removed in the past, so it is possible. I did it before but I cannot recall how.. Damn.
(Author: Tim.)
(http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthre...pkeep+text+100)
Possible or not?

Also look here:
Quote:
To get rid of upkeep go to "Gameplay Constants" scroll down to "Upkeep" and delete everything under "Food Levels" "Gold Tax Rates" and "Lumber Tax Rates" and then you just got rid of upkeep...

To change the text go to "Game Interface" and scroll down to "Text General" and search for (this might take a while, there's a lot of text) "No upkeep" "high upkeep" ect. .

~Destruction

I tried it, but wasn't able to let the 100% disappear... :(
Perhaps there is another way to remove it, or just a little thing forgotten in Destruction Hunter's Post?

Last edited by MasterofSickness : 06-27-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:12 PM   #4
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

If someone figured it out with a definate reproduceable way to manipulate it, I'd imagine it'd help a LOT of mapmakers out.

However, something tells me it's hardcoded somewhere in the game itself, because I can guarantee there is no gameplay constant for it (At least that stands out, I havent personally editted every, single one).
Old 06-27-2006, 03:33 PM   #5
MasterofSickness
User

I have a question in refer to this, because maybe it has to do something with that... (also because I think a new thread would fail it):

What are the options in the Game-Data-Set good for?
(Standard (based of the map-melee-status); Own (TFT 1.07, RoC 1.01); Melee (newest patch))
I have no idea what these options do, and so I let it at standard...
EDIT: No idea? Please help...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------- Trying to remove " 100%" ----------------------------------------------------------

Test 1 (failed)
In another thread Anitarf suggested to use alpha text-color.
So, I used this colorcode: "|c00ffffff", but it only turned the text from gray into white.

Test 2 (failed)
I changed every possible integer value from Gameplay-constants to "2", but all which happened to the upkeep tooltip-window was:
"No costs" (in yellow) appears & "wood income-rate: 0%" appears in addition to the "gold-income-rate: 100%". :((

Test 3 (failed)
I thought I have a solution, but then I realized that the problem is not only "100%", but " 100%".
If there wasn't always a space between "whatever text" and "100%", then you could have used the 100 as a part of a color-code and only the "%" would still be there, which would be a tinier problem! Sad, but that also doesn't work...

Test 4 (worked!)
Tried to let the " 100%" disappear with the use of "|n".
So, I filled max write space with "|n"s in:
a) "COLON_GOLD_INCOME_RATE"
Result: The tooltip-window(TTW) growed with max height, and still with " 100%" in it at the bottom.
b) "UPKEEP_NONE"
Result: The TTW growed over its max height-borders, so that it was opened to the top, but still with " 100%" in it.
c) "RESOURCE_UBERTIP_UPKEEP_INFO"
Result: The TTW was opened again to the top, but this time it took the " 100%" with it, so that there was left "only" a clear, big TTW!
In addition you can still write your custom text in the TTW without getting frightened by the text " 100%"!
(It is anywhere outside from top of screen if you just use enough "|n"s)

Test 5 (half worked/failed)
I tried to change the " 100%" to anything else, to see from where the percent comes. Well, I tried till I found it and even could make to appear only " 0%" now, so that there are 2 signs less ("10"). The field you have to look for is in the "Gameplay-constants": There you have to find the right real from "UpkeepGoldTax" (you also should set up some food limits). The only problem then is, that you will also not get any more money.

If you have another idea, then try it and post your idea and the result!
It doesn't matter if it failed, this way we have a collection about this!
(I still have another idea, but that has to try out PitzerMike or someone else capable:
Perhaps the " 100%" can be edited through a custom SkinMetaData.slk from UI)

Last edited by MasterofSickness : 06-28-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:07 PM   #6
MasterofSickness
User

Thumbs up That idea was tricky...

FINAL RESULT (I think it can be useful, anyhow I use this now!)

~*~Click image for larger version

Name:	WC3ScrnShot_Upkeep.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	8514~*~

If you agree and want to thank me, I won't have anything against it, if you also give me rep
Notice that if you rep, then you didn't do something wrong, because this took me much time to figure out!

Hope this is a little breakthrough for you too

EDIT: For every row you have arround 40 signs you can use, so you can't write the most text, but that is also better...
Much text isn't that nice to read!

EDIT2: At least any feedback???

EDIT3: That's not fair ...

EDIT4: I was upset that noone was interested in over the next days I have submitteed this. Everything is fine now again ;)

Last edited by MasterofSickness : 12-31-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:54 PM   #7
Alevice
It feels good

Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)Alevice is a jewel in the rough (190)

Nice result. It should be about time that we can use a proper place to put "About..." text, rather than slamming it on the quest window.

Alevice.jones is SC2 Beta, losers.

Check out my never updated deviantart gallery!!

Kalimdor Raiders (Race Contest #1) Pastebin Page
Cavern Crawlers (Race Contest #2) Pastebin Page
Airship Race Motherfuckers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://ajaxian.com/archives/would-you-like-a-_-with-that-new-library-gives-js-what-it-should-have#comment-276203
- Dont solve problems that dont exist.
- Improve the wheel, dont reinvent it.
- Port the wheel if it doesnt exist in your environment.
- Integrate the wheel into your project.
- Make sure you can replace your wooden wheel for a rubber one if someone else invents it.
Alevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:44 AM   #8
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Interesting, which one did you use to get that result?

Old 07-02-2006, 12:53 PM   #9
MasterofSickness
User

Information

First of all:
Thanks for replying! Alevice and Tim. , thx!
I already thought that you all know about the results of these tests and my final result, that you all know how this is possible...

K!
In the following I will write down what you have to do in a tutorial-style.
Although I have a german editor, I will try to translate as good as possible (only that you know that text in quotation marks need not be exactly what you have in your "Game-Interface ..." and therefor I will also write down the "raw-data", so that it should be clear).

"Tooltip-Window": TTW
"Raw-Data": (RD: "...")
Data-Fields: "..."
Before we start, there are 2 things you have to take notice of (Yes, sadly there is always a catch)
There are 2 requirements you have to keep:
1. YOU ALWAYS MUST HAVE AT LEAST NOT LESS THEN 10 FOOD
(otherwise your title will change to some used text in the TTW and the rows can become more or less, so that the whole TTWs size can change)
2. YOU HAVE TO USE AT LEAST A LEADERBOARD OR A MULTIBOARD OR A COUNTDOWN-TIMER
(if you don't use this, then you can not cover the " 100%")
These are the conditions for this method, but I think they are handle for most situations.

So, here we go:

1) Open "Advanced" from the task and click on "Gameplay-Constants ..."
2) Check the "Use own Gameplay-Constants" if you already haven't, for being able to change values here
3) Scroll down to "Costs - Food-Levels" (RD: "UpkeepUsage") and change the content to 9 integervalues (for standard there are 10, so remove 1) and give them the numbers from 1 to 9, click OK
4) Go 1 row deeper to "Costs - Goldtax" (RD: "UpkeepGoldTax") and set all its 10 integervalues to 0, click OK

- We are finished here now, click OK - Yay, first part is done! -

5) Next go to task to "Advanced" and there to "Game-Interface ..."
6) Check the "Use own Game-Interface" if you already haven't, for being able to change values here
7) Scroll down to "Text - General - 'Gold-Incomerate:'" (RD: "COLON_GOLD_INCOME_RATE") and set it to for example 15 Spaces if you want to cover the " 100%" through a Countdown-Timer, click OK
(The " 100%" is proberly hardcoded and it is always attached directly next to the contents of this field)
8) Scroll further down to "Text - General - '|N%d-%d Food: %s|R (%d%% G, %d%% H)'" (RD: "RESOURCE_UBERTIP_UPKEEP_INFO_WOOD") and set it to an empty slot (" "), click OK

- Now there comes the actual trick! -

9) Move 1 row up to "Text - General - '|N%d-%d Food: %s|R (%d%% Income)'" (RD: "RESOURCE_UBERTIP_UPKEEP_INFO") and set it to this:
"|n|cff0000%d%d|r%s" ;What this line actually do is:
"|n" for beginning with all textgroups in the next line! (if this is not used, then it can happen that the TTW is not tall enough to cover the " 100%")
"|cff0000%d%d" for using the minFood and maxFood as a part of a colorcode and immediately reset this color to the normal standard colorcode with "|r"
(That's the reason why we only used integer values from 1 to 9 in the "Gameplay-Constants", you remember?)
"%s" for the textgroups we want to use in the TTW

- And now finally the title and text contents of the TTW -

10) Next, for creating a custom title go a few lines upwards to "Text - General - '|Cffff0000High Costs 8'" (RD: "UPKEEP_HIGH8") and write your title text here (Note that this text will appear on the screen in the upper right in the upkeep-field and in the TTW on the top)
11) Use following data-fields for your textgroups:
(Listed in descending order as the text will appear in the TTW in game; you can also compare with the image from post 6):
Row1: "Text - General - '|Cff00ff00No Costs'" (RD: "UPKEEP_NONE")
Row2: "Text - General - '|Cffffff00Low Costs'" (RD: "UPKEEP_LOW")
Row3: "Text - General - '|Cffff0000High Costs'" (RD: "UPKEEP_HIGH")
Row4: "Text - General - '|Cffff0000High Costs 2'" (RD: "UPKEEP_HIGH2")
Row5: "Text - General - '|Cffff0000High Costs 3'" (RD: "UPKEEP_HIGH3")
Row6: "Text - General - '|Cffff0000High Costs 4'" (RD: "UPKEEP_HIGH4")
Row7: "Text - General - '|Cffff0000High Costs 5'" (RD: "UPKEEP_HIGH5")
Row8: "Text - General - '|Cffff0000High Costs 6'" (RD: "UPKEEP_HIGH6")
Row9: "Text - General - '|Cffff0000High Costs 7'" (RD: "UPKEEP_HIGH7")

Wew, you are finished now! (and I'm 2 )
It is a bit of work, I know, but till now I have seen not 1 map which had any solution for this upkeep TTW!
Now enjoy your new possibilities in showing important text to players who just have to move over the upkeep-field!

If you use this, you can add me to your credits, but as I said, you don't must credit me.

~*~
The truth is that, what functions!
Cya guys, MasterofSickness

Last edited by MasterofSickness : 07-02-2006 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:23 PM   #10
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Oh I get it, you force the 100% behind a countdown timer. Clever.