wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-06-2009, 07:25 AM   #1
XxShadyxX
User

XxShadyxX has little to show at this moment (0)

Default Legacy of Argos Orpg

Legacy of Argos Orpg [Name Not Final]
I. Background
II. Overview
III. Story
IV. Features
V. Ideas
VI. Whats to Come
VII. Conclusion
VIII. Screenshots
IX. Classes

I. Background

My name is Sean, I'm 16 and I have been playing Warcraft 3 since it came out. Got into mapping about 2 years ago and have been getting better and better ever since. The tool is such an amazing thing and I love mapping. I'm a very skilled Terrainer and Coder. Still learning vJass. I know how to make simple to Intermediate spells with vJass. Overall if anyone needs help they should come to me. I'm in highschool as a Junior, I like skateboarding/Bmx. (I'm not a total geek lol) I love Monster Energy drinks and coffee (Caffine Freak). I have insomnia (Probably where I get all the Time to work on this map) Enough about me how about my map huh?

II. Overview

I got my ideas from this map from many other maps. I took all the greatest ideas made them better and also created some of my own great ideas. I was so sick of all the crappy 2 week orpg projects that have been made on War3 (Warcraft 3, will be used alot) So I opened up my World Editor and got to work. That was 6 months ago and this project is still in full swing.

I want my map to be perfect, fun, and worthwhile. To have the whole sense that you are not in a War3 game anymore. Careful coding and amazing terrain has achieved that. I've had many set backs just like many other mappers that have delayed this project a lot (But that is a story for another time.) I remember reading other peoples threads in other forums about there saying that their map is QUOTE:"Beast, awesome, pwnerific, spectacular!, Rad... etc" But I'm not going to say that, only you players out there can say that. So tell me what you think.

III. Story

The story of this game is kinda plain and simple and needs a lot of Lore work and such.

Many years and years before, the was a wizard who betrayed the whole world to seek out a legendary Rune. Once found the rune corrupted the wizard. The wizard now with unfathomable amounts of power took over the elements of the world, thus spiraling it into chaos. As years passed the wizard's powers began to fade, and the elements began to settle to the dark reaches of the world. The wizard now craving more power is setting out to find more runes to enhance his powers once more.

IV. Features

I have many features made for this map. So here they are:

- A Fully custom made Equipment system, Where weapons and armor are shown on your hero.

- Pet System

- A fully fun quests system

- A custom defence system optimizing customization and variety.

- A full variety of Proffessions

- A very flexible Third Person Cam (Can be disabled)

- A Loot system

- A neat Ability system where you get "Skill Points" when you level/quest/Killing Creeps. Used to upgrade spells.

- Epic boss battles, in a way like Impossible bosses

V. Ideas

Customization is the key to my map, so I had a few ideas of how to make it so.

Teachers of the Elements: These units can teach you certain element traits that will effect what Abilities you will get in the future.

Runes: Yes runes. The story has runes so runes have to have a big event in the game. Using runes to boost your hero, enchant weapons, unlock secrets etc...

Kingdom quests: These are quests a group of people can do. Any amount. Depending on their level. These are like dungeons but are like mini games, Kill the boss in this amount of time, or survive for this long. Or even capture the flag.

VI. What's to Come

Tree Fade system

Many more Item Attachments

Mount System

VII. Conclusion

So this is my project, if you would like to post ideas or like to help, post on this thread or even email me at Shadypwner@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false"

VIII. Screenshots

IX. Classes

Coming Soon
XxShadyxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-07-2009, 01:37 AM   #2
Sunwarrior25
I say!

Submissions (3)

Sunwarrior25 will become famous soon enough (30)Sunwarrior25 will become famous soon enough (30)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sunwarrior25

Welcome Sir Shady! I'm sure the other members of this site will (hopefully) have more questions than I, but... I'm curious. How did Mr evil_cow_sick get the Villager title thrice?
- Staying up WAY too late.
- Fooling around with various things.
Other places to find me:
YouTube
deviantART
Twitter
uStream
Sunwarrior25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:37 AM   #3
XxShadyxX
User

That was a bug, I have fixed it though,
When a player repicked and picked a new hero it was adding a new Villager tag to the name. Its fixed now though.

Also thanks for the comment, I would love many more ^.^ and hopefully some people who would like to help
Old 10-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
XxShadyxX
User

I'm trying to form a team for this Orpg, If anyone is interested please post

Terrainer
Coder
Items/Units
Old 10-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #5
teh.fellow
User

Submissions (1)

teh.fellow has little to show at this moment (0)

Send a message via ICQ to teh.fellow

Hey out there, nice shots you got there sounds good, but also looks like you have much work left.

Im sry im busy with my own Orpg (Gaias Retaliation) but i could have a look over the terrain and give you some ideas or tips maybe if you want.
teh.fellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #6
XxShadyxX
User

Thank you.
But, another huge update. Re doing terrain :P
I needed more room and the cam allows me to reduce everything by 1/2 and things will still look normal. Terrain won't take long. Only 1 more system to do, and some terrain and it will be finished!
So if anyone wants to join in to make a huge Orpg terrain with me please post! Help would be amazing lol
Old 10-20-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
XxShadyxX
User

Bump
Setting up a team!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:58 AM   #8
Agrias
User

Agrias has little to show at this moment (1)

Send a message via MSN to Agrias

I could help with terrain if you'd like. Lemme know if you're interested and I'll send you over a terrain... feeling a bit bored anyways :<.
For a moment in life I lost my way. Telltale signs of where to go, what to do, and what to see... I return at the end of my journey only to realize the meaning of my existence... To catch really big shiny mudkip.
F*CK. YES.
Agrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #9
XxShadyxX
User

Sweet, I'm interested, my email is shadypwner@hotmail.com
You have msn?
Old 10-22-2009, 12:36 AM   #10
Agrias
User

Agrias has little to show at this moment (1)

Send a message via MSN to Agrias

I do have msn and I already saw that you've added me! I can start working a terrain for you to check out if you want, just send me a pm with what you'd want to see in it and I'll make sure to have it!
For a moment in life I lost my way. Telltale signs of where to go, what to do, and what to see... I return at the end of my journey only to realize the meaning of my existence... To catch really big shiny mudkip.
F*CK. YES.
Agrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #11
XxShadyxX
User

Bump.
New System has been added!

Custom Hero Creation!

You choose from 10 classes and a Villager Male model pops up on a pedastal.
It then asks you to pick your race. You have 5 choices, Orc, Human, Dwarf, Undead, or Elf. Each with its own skin. Then you can pick up to 3 Hair colors for each race. Then 2 choices of skin color. So 30 skins x 10 classes = 300 possibilities.

But thats not all. You may change your hero's Height and Width (Skinny, Tall, Short, Fat)
Then you customize your Name Tag:
[(HeroName) Lvl]
[Warrior]

You can customize your Hero's name, and the color of the tag.

I have made this system for customization, so it will be rare that 2 people will be the same.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:03 PM   #12
XxShadyxX
User

Updates:

Terrain is now 1/8th done! Need more people on this team! If you are interested in my project please post!
Old 11-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #13
Maxbun
User

Maxbun has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-1)

it looks and sounds cool.For some reson it sounds like a orpg and mmrpg mixed and looks.it is cool.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #14
^witch-king^
User

^witch-king^ has little to show at this moment (1)

Send a message via MSN to ^witch-king^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^witch-king^

Nice work. 5/5
Old 12-21-2009, 05:22 AM   #15
XxShadyxX
User

Thank you so much you guys! :D

But we have gone through another redoing of terrain

We have found a glitch to host huge size maps on bnet. And so were using all High rez stuff, like the stuff made by Born2Mod, the terrain and features will now look amazing, stay tuned for some screenshots!