wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Obsidian Depths
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-15-2008, 10:07 PM   #31
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

'm definetly going to give this a go. :D
Old 08-15-2008, 11:21 PM   #32
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

It does recommend 4-10 players, so I do certainly expect you to die painfully in single player.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:42 PM   #33
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

holy ass that looks ownage

I need to give this another go :)
Old 08-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #34
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

It seems my laptop is going to be at the shop for quite some time becouse of a possubly broken fan. I'll try to get on vigs PC and play this on battle.net when i can. Kind of frustrating, but alas.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:00 AM   #35
DioD
obey

Submissions (4)

DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)DioD is a jewel in the rough (220)

Send a message via ICQ to DioD

Map is great but stun skills of mobs stupid, they permabash and kill.
DioD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:46 AM   #36
assassingao
User

assassingao is on a distinguished road (13)

To the Above Reply:

Don't play alone.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:07 AM   #37
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suggested Players
4-10
If you ever want to join up with people to play it, channel Clan VZ @ USEast is where we hang out. You can also always get the most recent version there, since I don't bother to upload it every time I update. (Alpha, after all)

Used this bump as an excuse to note I added screenshots to the first post.
Also updated the posted version to the most recent version.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #38
Kwah
Christmassy.

Submissions (4)

Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)Kwah will become famous soon enough (43)

God dusk. . . this looks. . .epic.

I would find something to critisize about it, but as of yet nothing. I'll report back and see if I can find anything. As of now, perm kobold stun is a bit of an issue. And cutting out of The Giant Hydra's (I can't remember how to spell it's name), should deal more damage, but that's just me.
Kwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #39
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

u terrain it yourself?

that swamp monster pic looks eerie
Old 09-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #40
Joelp3n
User

Joelp3n has little to show at this moment (0)

Cool map but I wonder, Where did you get those awsome flame effect stuffs on the fire boss? The Fire Boulder,fire waterfall,fire dust things?`I would really like to have them.
Joelp3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:48 AM   #41
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelp3n
Cool map but I wonder, Where did you get those awsome flame effect stuffs on the fire boss? The Fire Boulder,fire waterfall,fire dust things?`I would really like to have them.
He made them himself.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:49 AM   #42
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rawr, guess I should post the most recent version when I get home. Yay being hosted. Gives me an excuse to respond to something I missed before --
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjlr3
u terrain it yourself?

that swamp monster pic looks eerie
KR did most of the terraining, though I did a bit of it myself. The lava level and the inside of the swamp monster are all done by me. (KR updated the volcano level a bit, though)

Oh and also, for those who hate the kobold bash, I really did that on purpose! I wanted the creeps in that level to have a way to shut down people chasing the runner, and so the birth of permabash came to pass. Once I get the individual level threads up in the child forum, it'll be easier to discuss it in greater detail.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:17 AM   #43
TEC_Ghost
User

TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)

Map is actually almost identical to Tomb of Jarachon, which is a badass map. But I can see the differences, and it looks very well made so far, props on it!

Projects
TEC_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:17 AM   #44
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)

This reminds me alot of Tomb of Jarachon, since ToJ was quite easy to beat even solo, I tried out OD thinking I could do the same.

I got owned, Hard...
Overall I liked it alot, whoever terrained this kicks ass really.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:38 AM   #45
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

It's similar to Tomb of Jarachon in that you pick a class and go through a dungeon and it has some random attribute system that abilities depend upon. Otherwise, though, I based its development more on Zelda boss battles and the dungeons that lead up to them. The ToJ bosses were very lackluster, had no design, and were all the same with different blizzard skills, whereas I've put a lot of thought and effort into personifying the bosses as much as possible -- Even the warm-up round boss. (Level 1)

Until you've gotten to the first boss or played it with multiple people, it's tough to judge the map. It plays way different from ToJ in legitimate multiplayer.