wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-21-2007, 11:31 AM   #16
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

... or GUI, which is harder

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn
The Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #17
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Some are GUI... which is just JASS.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #18
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

but is much harder because of it's limitations

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn
The Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:47 PM   #19
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
. . .

Submissions (21)

WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)WILL THE ALMIGHTY is just really nice (284)

GUI is easier, unless you know JASS well.

Back to the dialog system.
[21-10-16] Ash: WILLTHEALMIGHTY, IT IS NOT SAFE OUT THERE, TAKE THIS!
[21-10-16] Ash gives WILL a kitten.
WILL THE ALMIGHTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:47 AM   #20
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Elite
... or GUI, which is harder

Difficulty doesn't always equate to be limitations. Difficulty (in my opinion) is how you find it hard to manipulate the resources into what you need it to be. GUI is easier for quite a lot of people because they find they don't need to learn shit loads of code. JASS is easier for lots of people, too, but it requires coding knowledge.

GUI can call for JASS things, anyway. So it really... doesn't particularly matter for those who know how to do it wisely. Vex's optimizer should be able to solve any dilemmas that GUI cause *speed/efficiency wise, hard-coding you're on your own.*

JASS is straight off better and quicker if you're good at it.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #21
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Quote:
Vex's optimizer should be able to solve any dilemmas that GUI cause *speed/efficiency wise, hard-coding you're on your own.*
Nope, it wouldn't.

Problem right now is that GUI is very helpful at making you do things the wrong way. I could improve the optimizer to do a hundred of inlines but the GUI thing would still have a lot of inherent bad design (GUI is not modular for god's sake...) You can use it and make a lot of good stuff, I guess, but it still sounds painful to code in an environment that doesn't allow code reuse.
--
This system is fun considering I once made a function called InputMsg("What do you want?","apple;orange;juice") returns a number from 0 to 2 . That function sucked because of the string usage, there simply wasn't another good way to pass a flexible amount of arguments (unless we used an over heavy gamecache table) so I am seeing vJass being helpful in something that just doesn't make any sense other wise.

I must finish the scripts section one of these days...

Quote:
As far as I know, every single spell in Pyrogasm's thread is based on plain JASS...

I made a lot of plain Jass spells and I would say that without at least a globals preprocessor it is really a waste of time to do them. You would have to either have multiple gamecache calls and unsafe typecasts (which is bad) or to actually use the variable editor to make a lot of arrays (which is tiresome). Not saying "use vJass" but there should be at least a globals preprocessor so that people could keep their sanity...
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:36 AM   #22
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
Not saying "use vJass" but there should be at least a globals preprocessor so that people could keep their sanity...
Write one that runs cross-platform and I will use it more than you can possibly imagine.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:07 AM   #23
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
Write one that runs cross-platform and I will use it more than you can possibly imagine.

You can get an old pc for 200$ ...
Old 10-28-2007, 11:28 AM   #24
Tide-Arc Ephemera

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

I'm PRETTY sure Pyro has a duo-core... why isn't he using it?!

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...

Quote:
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #25
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

No. I don't. My computer is from 2005.

Edit: I have a working Virtual Machine, but the video card/drivers are fucked up so the Editor won't open. Else I'd use the NewGen pack.
Edit again: Oh, and then there's that problem with it not recognizing the CD no matter what method I try.

Seems like someone up there doesn't want me to do it without buying a new computer.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 10-28-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:22 PM   #26
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
No. I don't. My computer is from 2005.

Edit: I have a working Virtual Machine, but the video card/drivers are fucked up so the Editor won't open. Else I'd use the NewGen pack.
Edit again: Oh, and then there's that problem with it not recognizing the CD no matter what method I try.

Seems like someone up there doesn't want me to do it without buying a new computer.
You can't run newgen but I am sure that you can run jasshelper on your virtual machine. Do it.

It is not like you mac users will ever be able to use preprocessors from World Editor, I am yet to meet an actual Mac hacker ...
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:29 PM   #27
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)cohadar is just really nice (250)

Quote:
You can't run newgen but I am sure that you can run jasshelper on your virtual machine. Do it.

Yeah I already told them that, but that botanic dude convinced them opposite,
I think the biggest problem for Mac users is that they don't have anyone on their side who has enough skill to actually make jasshelper work for them.
Half of Mac users don't even know how to use command line.

All it takes is one tutorial to show them how to do it,
but there is noone to make the first step.
There is a general lack of initiative in that field.

If I had access to Mac I would do it,
but I don't even know anyone who has Mac...

Quote:
It is not like you mac users will ever be able to use preprocessors from World Editor, I am yet to meet an actual Mac hacker ...

Mac hacker == oxymoron

-----------

Not to leave you Mac people on the dry,
I suggest you make a thread Jasshelper for Mac in developer section.
Then you Mac people try to run jasshelper on your machines,
and when you get a problem post it (with pictures included)
so we who don't have Mac can help you.

If Vex can run jasshelper on linux so can you on Mac.
We will help as much as we can,
but it is you who have to actually do something to make it work.
So don't be lazy, start that thread and stop listening to the people who tell you it cannot be done.

I guarantee you in less than 3 days we will have our first jasshelper Mac user.

Personally I would really like to see Pyrogasm+jasshelper combination.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:52 PM   #28
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Somebody has hacked the OS X World Editor because there's an UMSWE for Macs.

Yeah, yeah; I'll see if I can get something working on the command line in the near future.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 10-28-2007 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #29
Tide-Arc Ephemera

Submissions (3)

Not to be skeptical... but UMSWE is nothing like WEU. UMSWE is simply an attachment if you actually tried looking at it...

Quote:
Old 10-29-2007, 06:26 PM   #30
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

Yeah, UMSWE doesn't involve hacks, just some modified files from the mpqs.

PS: Pyro + JassHelper will own.

Last edited by PitzerMike : 10-29-2007 at 06:29 PM.
PitzerMike is offline   Reply With Quote