wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #16
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

• Do you have a scope that shares the name with one of those optional libraries?
  • Have you updated JH to a version that supports optional requirements?
  • If you are using the newest JH, there is a weird bug, just add spaces before the commas in the optional requirements list. (Apparently)
Old 10-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #17
Fulla
Evil Overlord

Submissions (3)

Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)Fulla has a spectacular aura about (79)

Ah, well I just downloaded the latest JH & the bonus mod testmap from here to simply test if it would compile, but getting similar problems with 'optional'. Sorry for going a bit off topic here...

If you download the latest JH, delete your old folder & open the editor from within the new folder, does that not auto update ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Error2.JPG (59.4 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by Fulla : 10-21-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Fulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #18
Earth-Fury
Two Blue

Submissions (7)

Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)

Send a message via MSN to Earth-Fury

Err, to update to the latest JH (which this requires), simply download the latest, open the "executables" directory, CnP the 2 exes and the cfg file in to NewGen's jasshelper folder. You don't even need to restart the editor or anything to change JH versions.

As for that specific error you just posted... That's almost surely a sign you're using an outdated JH version, as optional textmacros are rather new.
Search
Tutorials
Ability Guide

UnitMaxState
BonusMod

AutoIndex
ARGB
TimerUtils

Earth-Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #19
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

So we can extend Bonus and add our own crazyness huh? That's good, I was looking for that. You know this actually covers for 50% of the work for my planned inventory system?

Well, anyway something I would have always wanted is a way to set a bonus to much higher or lower than the cap. Say you add a +2000 bonus. In game, it is still capped at +1023, but in fact it is 2000 in-code. Then if you subtract 2000 again, it the in-code bonus will go to 0, and the in-game one will mimic the change. If we do it using the current ways, it will go to 1023 first, then to -977 . This is just a request and I guess it may not be worth it. With all that and given the code and the fact that it works, I approve this thing. Just wish I got a way to make ObjectMerger not crash in WINE...
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #20
grim001
requires vJass

Code Moderator

Submissions (10)

grim001 is just really nice (277)grim001 is just really nice (277)

Send a message via AIM to grim001

Man, I was going to force EF to work hard and keep improving this thing before approving it, now I wonder if he will get lazy...
grim001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #21
Earth-Fury
Two Blue

Submissions (7)

Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)Earth-Fury is just really nice (343)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
Well, anyway something I would have always wanted is a way to set a bonus to much higher or lower than the cap. Say you add a +2000 bonus. In game, it is still capped at +1023, but in fact it is 2000 in-code. Then if you subtract 2000 again, it the in-code bonus will go to 0, and the in-game one will mimic the change. If we do it using the current ways, it will go to 1023 first, then to -977 . This is just a request and I guess it may not be worth it. With all that and given the code and the fact that it works, I approve this thing. Just wish I got a way to make ObjectMerger not crash in WINE...

I really have to question why the ranges of the bonuses that come with this are insufficient for basically any use, causing me to question how that would be really at all useful...

I mean, seriously. +4095 to -4095 damage... The range of the armour bonus is about as high as it needs to be to cause the in game UI to round damage reduction to 100%... The others are similarly high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim001
Man, I was going to force EF to work hard and keep improving this thing before approving it, now I wonder if he will get lazy...
Bribe me with Physics and I will work.
Search
Tutorials
Ability Guide

UnitMaxState
BonusMod

AutoIndex
ARGB
TimerUtils

Old 10-24-2009, 05:15 PM   #22
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Quote:
I really have to question why the ranges of the bonuses that come with this are insufficient for basically any use, causing me to question how that would be really at all useful...
Who really wants those huge bounds? I would be fine with changing the limit to +63 damage, then let it be capped at +63.. So that if my players abuse too much on the attack bonuses, it has a cap . Of course, that won't work because of how it works right now... and let them approach +400 damage just because of it...
Faster != more useful
Old 10-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #23
Earth-Fury
Two Blue

Submissions (7)

Quote:
Who really wants those huge bounds? I would be fine with changing the limit to +63 damage, then let it be capped at +63.. So that if my players abuse too much on the attack bonuses, it has a cap . Of course, that won't work because of how it works right now... and let them approach +400 damage just because of it...

Mhh. You have enough of a point for me to add BONUS_TYPE.max = 63 to BonusMod itself. As for tracking over-run... That's up to people using BonusMod. I may write up some overly complex system for tracking were bonus amounts come from, and allowing some sources of bonuses to stack while not others and stuff. But that's at a low priority compared to improving the base BonusMod...

-----------------------

Also, add macros calling macros and configuration will become even simpler. (Yes, it will be even more abusive than it currently is, but it will simplify the documentation and changing the range of bonuses...) And, If I can get Pitzer to update the objectmerger to work well with block externals, we'll have a merry, lua-based christmas.
Search
Tutorials
Ability Guide

UnitMaxState
BonusMod

AutoIndex
ARGB
TimerUtils

Old 10-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #24
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Doesn't objectmerger have sourcecode or something?
You know I could tweak externalblock to make its contents go to a file or something like that...

You could always make a bridge program that converts stdin to a file to feed objectmerger with.
Faster != more useful
Old 10-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #25
Earth-Fury
Two Blue

Submissions (7)

Quote:
Doesn't objectmerger have sourcecode or something?
99% sure it does. 100% sure I can't find it anywhere I know to look. 80% sure if I could find it, I would be too shite at whatever language it's in to update it.

Quote:
You know I could tweak externalblock to make its contents go to a file or something like that...
That would be hard, as you have to pass the file to the externalblock's argument list...

Mayhaps:
//! externalblock <filename_to_write> <external_tool> <args>
supplying a path should break. only simple filenames should be allowed to prevent shit like "C:\windows\SOME_IMPORTANT_FILE.dll" as a file...

Don't auto-delete the files, but do auto-overwrite em. mayhaps just pass the filename as an absolute path as an additional argument to the external tool. or add $PREPROCESS$ stuff to external line, but that would just be baddd...

Also, keep the current behaviour with:
//! externalblock stdin <external_tool> <args>
Quote:
You could always make a bridge program that converts stdin to a file to feed objectmerger with.
The point of externalblock is to make configuration as simple as possible. That kinda defeats that purpose... Unless I get Mindy to add it to NewGen. Of course, Mindy is lazy these days...
Search
Tutorials
Ability Guide

UnitMaxState
BonusMod

AutoIndex
ARGB
TimerUtils

Last edited by Earth-Fury : 10-24-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #26
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

I meant this:
Collapse JASS:
//! externalblock OBJECTMERGER $file$ blah blah blah
//! i contents of this file go to a windows temp file
//! i then external block gives this file in place of $file$ thing

//! endexternalblock
Faster != more useful
Old 10-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #27
Earth-Fury
Two Blue

Submissions (7)

That's fine.

Also, needing //! i is awesome. I will be horribly abusing that to combine object generation and declaration in to one easy step.

Though, macros calling macros will make it even cleaner. But usable externalblock takes priority over that, for reducing the insane amount of time it takes to generate the abilities...
Search
Tutorials
Ability Guide

UnitMaxState
BonusMod

AutoIndex
ARGB
TimerUtils

Old 10-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #28
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I refuse to use this until it supports movement speed. I don't even think it should be approved until it supports that. If you don't update it with that in a reasonable time frame, I will move it back to submit a resource. It's really that important.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #29
Earth-Fury
Two Blue

Submissions (7)

BonusMod Todo List: (I'm way too lazy to edit the giant-ass first post)
  • Add Movement speed bonuses
  • Further test how illusions work with bonuses and determine the behaviour for them
  • Make the integer values for bonuses configurable/obviously static, so things like SLK-struct loading can use the integer values for bonus types better. (Likely needs JH update for .allocate(int))

Done:
  • Start switching ability generation to a lua script (Full switch needs JH or OM update)
  • Improve the current two code-based bonuses

If you think there's something missing from my list, speak up.
Search
Tutorials
Ability Guide

UnitMaxState
BonusMod

AutoIndex
ARGB
TimerUtils

Last edited by Earth-Fury : 10-30-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #30
Mr.Malte
User

Submissions (2)

Mr.Malte is on a distinguished road (11)

Id love you for a SetUnitAttackCooldown(unit,time) function.
So if time is 1.00 then the unit attacks every 1 seconds.
Mr.Malte is offline   Reply With Quote