wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2010, 03:35 AM   #1
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

Default Tides of Blood: Version O Beta.

Some of you may remember a map called "Tides of Blood".
Some of you may even remember that we where working on a new version.

After more then three years of waiting, it is finally here!

Basic Premise
No story, straightforward 6 versus 6, Undead versus Alliance "AoS" style action. Tides of blood has always perused quality over quantity and our goal is to bring a very limited amount of characters that have all been honed and tweaked to perfection, and actually have a little character.

Tides of Blood is about teamwork. Gold bounties from kills are distributed amongst contributes, and we try to make popular tactics as "last hitting" and "denying" as ineffective as we can. We want players to focus on actually playing the game.

----

New Features
For tides of blood version O, a lot of unique new systems have been developed to make the gameplay we wanted to bring possible.

Gameplay & Character selection screens.
No hassle with taverns, no hassle with moving shades around or clicking heroes. Tides of Blood now features an actual interface from which to select your character!
A video can be found here.

Socketed Items.
No complicated recepies you have to learn, no dozens of cluttered shops. Simply buy a socketed item, buy a gem, drag & drop to combine. It's that simple.

Projectile & Spell Systems.
Every spell and even every projectile fired is driven by tides of bloods own systems. This means we get to manipulate spells in ways you've never seen before. Spell criticals, scaling spell damage, spell and projectile reflection, even slowing everything down in mid-flight is now possible!
One outstanding Example of these systems combined is the Reliquary, An item in wich you can store a spell to save it for later use.

Blood Meter
Every character now has a "Blood Meter". As you deal damage and cast spells, the blood meter slowly fills up. Using the "Blood Bath" ability will empty your blood meter, and temporarily boost your attack damage, spell power and health. The more blood you had saved up, the greater the effect.
click for a video.

----

In this first release of the beta version, all of the systems are in place with a limited selection of items and characters to play around with. As the final bugs are smoothed out and the game is slowly balanced, the team will start adding more content.

DOWNLOAD:
Simply go down to tidesofblood.com and visit this thread.
Please do consider this is our first public beta version, there are still balance issues and there are still bugs, and that's why we need you to play it and tell us your concerns, ideas, suggestions, thoughts or experiences.

Your best bet to find a game is on the US-East server, in a channel simply named "tob". That's where i and some of the other guys on or related to the tides of blood team hang, anyway. Drop by and say hi!

We hope you have a good time with it!

Tides of blood is made by Cassiel, Kaz & Windigo, featuring art by Jacinthe & erwtenpeller.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:55 AM   #2
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Congrats, guys. :)
Old 05-18-2010, 04:19 AM   #3
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Hmmmm.... nice to see this... a little bit late though.

Now.... where the fuck I left my WC3 cds...
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:37 AM   #4
Here-b-Trollz
Corkscrew Chainsaw!!!

Here-b-Trollz has a spectacular aura about (149)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd Place

Yeah dude, we we've been playing this like crazy the past couple of nights. It's good shit.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
Neversleeping
User

Neversleeping has little to show at this moment (9)

@Moyack; get your damn CD's in order! ;)
When the SCII hype blows over (yes it will), war3 is back.

Cool that you guys are still developing it!

Quote:
Everything should be made as simple as possible. But not any simpler. -AA.
Neversleeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)

My god, I thought this would never come out.

But it did!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Neversleeping
User

Neversleeping has little to show at this moment (9)

Quote:
Tides of Blood is about teamwork. Gold bounties from kills are distributed amongst contributes, and we try to make popular tactics as "last hitting" and "denying" as ineffective as we can. We want players to focus on actually playing the game

Finally... This is one of the things I disliked about ToB, and made us stick to Battledawn. Focus on the essential war, not petty things like last hits.
I'm eager to test this out.

Quote:
Everything should be made as simple as possible. But not any simpler. -AA.
Neversleeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #8
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

There is one ability that encourages you to last hit with it, but it is not present as a global need if you want to play competitively. In the case of said ability is was a deliberate choice to make the character play more interesting.

Talking about Autumn Emissaries "Reap and Sow"
Old 05-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #9
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

akolyt0r has a spectacular aura about (120)

i had expected that post on april 1st, not that late in may...

no really ... i really thought ToB v.O would be another Duke Nukem Forever...

well nice you finally did it ;)
Old 05-18-2010, 03:32 PM   #10
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)Kino will become famous soon enough (69)

Quote:
There is one ability that encourages you to last hit with it, but it is not present as a global need if you want to play competitively. In the case of said ability is was a deliberate choice to make the character play more interesting.

Talking about Autumn Emissaries "Reap and Sow"

I had the impression it was a passive raise dead, consuming nearby corpses regardless if you killed or not.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
Viikuna-
User

Viikuna- will become famous soon enough (44)Viikuna- will become famous soon enough (44)

And its awesome.

Did I ever tell that I love your art erwt?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #12
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinorhynkar
I had the impression it was a passive raise dead, consuming nearby corpses regardless if you killed or not.
It creates a treant for any unit killed by the emissary, any of his spells or any of his summons.

Also, thanks viikuna <3
Old 05-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #13
Kino
User

Submissions (8)

Also if I wanted to playtest/play this is there a Bnet room where ToB is hosted?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #14
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

Seems to crash war3 after a few seconds. Same thing that Dr.Mellifluous reported on the ToB forums, I suppose, since I'm on a mac as well.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #15
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

That will hopefully be fixed within the next couple of days. None of the team-members have a mac to test on :P