wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Warcraft Editing Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-11-2006, 08:50 PM   #31
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)

1.0 release
Code:
all: Improved patch independence & multiple map support
war3err.dll:  
  Uninitialized var use prints name of var in addition to function
  Player(Invalid number) Is replaced with Player(0) and an error message
  rudimentary leak tracing of groups/locations
    call DestroyGroup(null) to report function with most created and not destroyed groups
    call RemoveLocation(null) for same purpose
    reports attempted double frees
  ExecuteFunc("non void func") reports error instead of crashing
    distinguishes between functions that don't exist and those with args
wehack.dll: 
  --nopreprocessor menu option added for mapcompiler

To use the leak tracing, add this trigger to your map:
Trigger:
report leaks
Collapse Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
Conditions
Collapse Actions
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(null)
Custom script: call DestroyGroup(null)
Old 12-12-2006, 12:02 AM   #32
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

Amazering!
*downloadened*
Old 12-12-2006, 02:04 AM   #33
Ryude
User

Ryude is on a distinguished road (17)

Send a message via AIM to Ryude

O_O....-_-....O_O

May I say, Rep?
Ryude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:01 AM   #34
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)

I would rep you again, if I could.
Special thanks to Vexorian who helped me learn jass, the real jass and always helped me when problems occured, I would call him somehow my mentor. Pipedream, who made amazing Grimoire and helped me acclerating my map (currently at 99% finished, no developement atm).

Vote for Linux Ports in general of Blizzard products: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ibpfl/
BertTheJasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:43 AM   #35
PandaMine
Panda > You

Submissions (4)

PandaMine has a spectacular aura about (96)PandaMine has a spectacular aura about (96)PandaMine has a spectacular aura about (96)PandaMine has a spectacular aura about (96)

Send a message via MSN to PandaMine

+ Rep definitly
In the next version would it be possible to create natives that allow you to save data onto a text file on the hard disk (or inside the map). Some natives like
PrintReal takes string filepath, boolean newline, real value returns boolean
PrintInteger takes string filepath, boolean newline, integer value returns boolean
PrintString takes string filepath, boolean newline, string value returns value

This would be an incredible help, espeically when using loops to find the average speed of a number of operations (instead of having to write the result down it would output it into a file allowing you make loops right after another and not having to worry about missing results)

Last edited by PandaMine : 12-14-2006 at 10:27 PM.
PandaMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:12 AM   #36
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)PipeDream is a glorious beacon of light (463)

1.1 release
Code:
all:  should give much better error messages now that exception handling works
wehack.dll:  --configure option added for mapcompiler
jAPI.dll:  added DebugPrint() native
war3err.dll:  new conf file war3err.conf
	currently has two options
	nopause = on and bytecodetrace = on
	nopause prevents warcraft from pausing, i.e. when alt tabbing
	helps when you want to walk away and let something run for awhile
	bytecodetrace fills bytecode.txt with each opcode warcraft executes.  
        this will help debug crashes that grimoire doesn't catch, as you can locate the responsible code.
        bytecode.txt file will grow BIG!
	notes types and names of operations along with the function in which the op resides
	Good for getting a look under the hood into the VM or determining where warcraft stops executing on a crash.

The bytecode tracer and nopause hacks are on by default. You can disable them by changing "on" to "off" in war3err.conf. For long running tests, disable the bytecode tracer, as I've seen files grow to tens of gigabytes in hour long games.
In general for benchmarking, don't inject war3err.dll at all, as it will slow things down.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #37
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)BertTheJasser has a spectacular aura about (111)

hmm I did not play more than 5 min and I got a file of ~125MB(!) and it takes some minutes to open. I guess it would be more usefull, if you restrict it to a size of about ~10MB (maybe a additional option of size?), so it always shows the last 1000 executions, which would surely be enough for crash detection.

This *upgrade* will be usefull, if you modify it a lil'. Atm it is unusable for me.
Special thanks to Vexorian who helped me learn jass, the real jass and always helped me when problems occured, I would call him somehow my mentor. Pipedream, who made amazing Grimoire and helped me acclerating my map (currently at 99% finished, no developement atm).

Vote for Linux Ports in general of Blizzard products: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ibpfl/
Old 01-20-2007, 12:41 AM   #38
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

Notepad is a toy, get a real text editor, and use a program like tail if you only want the end of it.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:53 AM   #39
BertTheJasser
xyzi - our universe

Submissions (2)

Q: what will happen if the partition, where grimoire is located, gets full?

Old 01-20-2007, 09:24 PM   #40
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

Let me know when you find out
Old 01-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #41
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

ok so I am a noob, i tried to get this to work but to no avail

i am not interested in using pre-proccesors and all that jazz

basically all I want to be able to do is

1.use the stop watch function to time some functions
2. use that whole error finder(with call destroygroup, removelocations, invald player numbers, etc.)
3. use the thing that allows you to see functions ran, so I can see the last function ran when there is a crash
4. use the whole no pause alt-tab feature

ok so I downloaded and extracted to a folder

looked at the readme, and it said load we.bat, which I did

loaded my map in the WE, then tested it

and I noticed that when I alt-tabbed the map remained paused, and that I got no "bytecode.txt" file anywhere with function runs in it

I looked at the extra grimoire tab in WE, and did not see anything that made sense to me as to what I needed done, other then startwar3map.bat, which I used and got the whole bytecode thing...which does not make much sense to me, I can tell what function it was in, and maybe what was run, but not all the time

but I do agree there should be a limit to the size of that file, after like 45 seconds it is already 10mb lol, makes it hard for me to find my crash when i may have to play for anywhere from 2-20 minutes before it happens :(

but then I still dont know how to use the error finder or stop watches :(

Last edited by emjlr3 : 01-21-2007 at 06:16 PM.
emjlr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:34 PM   #42
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

The error finder stuff will just run. If there are problems, it will print them to screen and to war3err.txt or war3errlog.txt or something like that.

Stopwatch is a new native that requires JAPI. Since it has everything to do with map making and nothing to do with map playing I think next version I will try to hack it into one of the normal natives. To use them atm, you need to take "common.j" from "grimoire-1.1\jass\" and import it into "scripts\common.j".

It's very unlikely that I'm going to write a limiter but I am working on splitting the disassembler out from war3err. That will reduce the on file log to 4B per opcode. That should reduce size by a factor of 5-10. If you absolutely need the limiting for thirty hour runs, then write me a logging daemon that runs on windows and I'll pop it in.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:54 PM   #43
emjlr3
Rehabbing

Submissions (14)

emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)emjlr3 is a jewel in the rough (151)

Mapping Contest First Place

Send a message via AIM to emjlr3 Send a message via MSN to emjlr3

5-10 is a lot better then it is now, but as it is when I get the time I will try out the timer thing(which would be much better as a native dealy), as well as finding what is causing my crash as of late

nice tool btw, the no pause+window is great just in itself IMO

+rep
Old 01-23-2007, 02:09 AM   #44
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

It's a celebration! Grimoire 'just works' with the 1.21 patch. Much <3 to xttocs for making this headache free day possible =)

Of course things could crop up, let me know if you run into any issues.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:06 AM   #45
PipeDream

Code Moderator

Submissions (6)

1.1a. By popular demand, only the last 1000 lines of bytecode.txt get saved. Log only flushed when warcraft crashes/exits.