User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 02-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Default NEW: Units

Suggestions for abilities for THE KING are encouraged and appreciated!

NOTICE - Human units are available for all players.

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: gif HumanUnits.gif (250.6 KB, 305 views)

Last edited by Archian : 02-12-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 02-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

That's awesome. I love this format.

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

The king may, dunno, have some ability that can change the formation of a unit group to give it an attack/defense bonus and a speed penalty, like "Phalanx" or something like that. But probably Leadership is an aura so I don't think you want another "buffer" ability.

That said, it's difficult to find a suitable ability for it if you don't tell us what the abilities he already has do. Please elaborate on its role and skillset. I guess it's going to have a melee-supporter role ala Paladin + a strong "commander" flavour, right?

Quote:
Cow Launch
Epic win!

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 02-12-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Michael Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Certainly :) I'm glad you asked:

NOTICE - Abilities in LoC does not use mana but is cooldown based.

"Guards!" - Summons the Royal Guard, 2 fearsome and powerful units willing to die for their Queen in every attempt to shield her from harm.

Heal - The very sight of their beloved Queen is enough for any man, to ignore pain and press onward. Restores 100 hit points over 10 seconds for every friendly unit within range of the Queen.

Refuge - Any citizen is willing to hide their Queen form those who seek to harm her. Take shelter inside any friendly building.

Leadership - The King fights alongside his men to inspire them. Increases the movement and attack speed by 20%, attack damage by 10% and armor by 20% of every friendly unit within range of the King.

War Stomp - Slams the ground dealing 50 damage to enemy units within range of the King.

"Send in the Cavalry!" - Gives the signal to attack, sending forth a horde of Heavy Knights to trample upon the Kings's enemies. Each Heavy Knight does 60 damage.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
Linaze
User

Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)

Looking good there, Archian.
Although I'd strongly suggest this king model over your current one, but perhaps that's just me.

Last edited by Linaze : 02-12-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #6
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

I actually considered using that one, but I feel like the current one made by Urkdrengi is more fit for the field ;)

What do you guys think of the following idea for an ability for the Queen:

Knighthood
Turn target Champion into a Knight permanently, increasing the attack damage, armor and hit points by 50%.

Last edited by Archian : 02-12-2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: double posting myself
Old 02-12-2011, 11:59 PM   #7
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (188)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archian
Knighthood
Turn target Champion into a Knight permanently, increasing the attack damage, armor and hit points by 50%.
This was the only idea that had come into my mind for the King, honest. D=

It's a neat idea, though, if I may say so, the Queen and King look fine as is. I'm of the opinion that a simple, immediate and catching gameplay would work really well with this mod.

Nonetheless, a 4th ability for each one isn't going to ruin the immediacy factor anyway, so yeah, I'm just babbling nonsense.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:31 AM   #8
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

Nawh, you got it figured out ;)

I'm still open for suggestions for the King and Queen.

Soon to come: Units for Hire
Old 03-25-2011, 12:50 AM   #9
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

Any progress?
Old 07-11-2011, 03:38 PM   #10
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Well, ability suggestions...

So there's this cool idea that I want to use, but I'm certainly not against it showing up elsewhere (and who knows if I'll even ever make it...). It's supposed to go on this "Crusader" hero (based off the War3 Beta screenshots and info); sort of like a mounted pally, but less "holy" and more "noble combat". He'd have this massive lance, and use various "Seals" in combat.

Anyway, the idea is an ability called "Look Out, Sir!". It's a passive ability that gives the Crusader a modular, dynamic Evasion; based on the number of nearby units (i.e. set a certain amount, say 3% for each nearby unit, and with a squadron of 12 around him he's got 36% Evasion).
The concept being that, in the middle of battle, it's chaos. Arrows flying, spells crackling, swords and pikes clanging against shield and armor, the screams and cries of the dying... It's easy to get blindsided. However, as the commander of an army, your loyal troops are like an extra 200 sets of eyes, and warn you of incoming attacks with a well-timed "Look out, Sir!!".

How To

Basically, you make a custom Evasion ability that has as many levels as you think you'll ever have units (make your own cap), and assign the Evasion amounts per each level accordingly (Auto-Fill is your friend :P). Then you trigger it so that On-Attack of the Crusader with that ability, you count up all the nearby friendly units and make the ability-level equal that. (Obviously, you'd probably want to do something a little more MUI and non-leaky, but that's the basic GUI solution. :P)

A Possible Version

... would involve making this passive ability... into an Aura. So every nearby friendly unit has Evasion based on the number of every other nearby friendly unit. IMBA!!! :P

=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote