menu Resources Maps Home User CP Forums Tutorials Gallery Resources  

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Lands of Conflict
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Who's *castle* design would you like to see in the Lands of Conflict MOD?
Andriejj 23 79.31%
The_Koon 1 3.45%
Szythe 5 17.24%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #1
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Default Which Castle? - Vote Now!

Alright, after sorting out all the submissions it all came down to these last 3.
I've decided to create one of the below designs in Lands of Conflict.
But YOU have to choose which one!

The *winner* design will be included within the mod and credits and X amount of reputation will be awarded to the creator.

Before you cast your vote, please take a look at the hopeful layouts that were submitted:

Andriejj: The_Koon: Szythe:
NOTICE - This is a public poll. It displays all users who voted, and what choice they voted for. Also, this poll will close 14 days from now.

Last edited by Archian : 09-09-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

Andriejj since it was more pros + cons than anyone else really... well at least to me

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Old 09-13-2008, 02:09 AM   #3
Anopob
Yay!

Anopob has a spectacular aura about (120)

Yeah I'm voting for Andriejj too, the layout is just great IMO (simple yet fun).
Better Ways of Requesting For Help - Race Contest #2 WIP Thread (Bone Race)
As of December 1st I have my blue rep. Yay :D
Old 09-13-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
SeruK
I'm the One

Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (8)

SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)SeruK has a spectacular aura about (105)

Send a message via MSN to SeruK

I would vote for Andriejj's but is too vulnerable to the west. Then again the others are not better... I think I'll just go for Andriejj anyway.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #5
Andriejj
User

Andriejj is on a distinguished road (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeruK
I would vote for Andriejj's but is too vulnerable to the west. Then again the others are not better... I think I'll just go for Andriejj anyway.
Well, that's intentional. Maybe there should be cliffs side of that road, on some short distance in the city, so you can place archers there, so the enemy has to go around or can't reach them, if you block the road with melee. Also, with the current proportion of the whole city to the castle hill, the castle would have to be very big. But I'm sure Archian would adjust that all ;)

I must say I like Szythe's idea. A castle where you move in half-circles. It just lacks in geommetry, I didn't see Archian making a wall with custom pathing and angle other than multiples of 45 degrees. The dock looks pretty too.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
The_Koon
User

The_Koon has little to show at this moment (0)

Lame,you used my old one i made a new one that i wanted in the contest.Oh well congratz Andriejj.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:10 PM   #7
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself
I will approve/reject your layouts as I please.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:22 PM   #8
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Szythe's feels the most epic in structure, which is the most important part of a castle to me.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #9
Belphegor666
User

Submissions (1)

Belphegor666 is on a distinguished road (16)

Agreed. Andriejj's is more purdy but the sea castle feels more epic than some wood castle. Also it could be a useful hub.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:07 AM   #10
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

Alright, I think I'm gonna have to go with Andriejj's.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #11
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Fair enough, seems like he was the forum favorite anyways. I've got to admit, Andr's style is pretty awesome, I just think it lacks the real epic feel, no biggie though, probably wasn't what you were looking for anyways.

(Aside: Man, it's so weird having my theme switch to tauren going to this forum!)

EDIT: Sorry, totally didn't notice this was a closed topic. >.>

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 10-01-2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Woops
Closed Thread