User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-23-2008, 08:50 AM   #16
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
I think the Battlepriest looks like a Mech of some sort. Was that intended...?
Well, it looks nothing like a Mech in-game. But I don't know if what you speak of it was intended, though. Norinrad is the creator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtiger
Was the dwarven warrior intended to be level 2, while the man-at-arms is level 1? Because now it looks like the dwarves have no level 1 units. (dunno what that means ingame though :P)
He was at first. But compared to the Rogue Rifleman, he seemed like a lvl 1 :)
Levels wont really matter in-game, though. Well, yes sort of. I mean; more advanced units you know :)
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-23-2008, 10:21 AM   #17
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

Archian you are doing a mistake. You have two dwarf models that won't work correctly inside game with auras. Those two models are:
- Shieldbreaker
- Dwarven Warrior

I know this because I also use them on my map, and I had to replace them because of those bugs.
I suggest you use other models.
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #18
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Funny. They work perfectly well here.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #19
Argus
User

Submissions (5)

Argus will become famous soon enough (34)Argus will become famous soon enough (34)

Doesn't the Battlepriest model have a hero glow (or atleast a dispate animation)?
Argus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #20
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

What I meant by "Was that intended?" was I wanted to know if the dwarf was supposed to be partially mechanical or something.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #21
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

Ask Norinrad :)
Old 08-23-2008, 06:52 PM   #22
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

The reason auras wouldn't work would be because the origin (and possibly other) attachment points were messed up, which I assume you could just fix in Notepad/Magos/Oinkerwinkles (confirmation, anyone?). I wouldn't find a replacement for such good models, Flame_Phoenix...
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #23
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

Quote:
The reason auras wouldn't work would be because the origin (and possibly other) attachment points were messed up, which I assume you could just fix in Notepad/Magos/Oinkerwinkles (confirmation, anyone?). I wouldn't find a replacement for such good models, Flame_Phoenix...
You are correct, the origin point on those models is messed up, or at least was... I think I made a post in those models threads reclaming for people to fix them, but no one ever did afaik.
About how to correct them, I am not a modeler, I am not sure if your suggestion will work, although I know you can make a model a "ghost" by using NotePad, I am not sure if you can change its origin point there.
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #24
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

Guys, if there's any problems with the models then I will fix it.

Now, stop talking about models and shit in this thread.
This thread is reserved for talk, questions & discussion regarding the units, their balance and function etc.

If you need to talk about any model issues, please take it to the respective thread or contact the creator.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #25
SM!
User

Submissions (1)

SM! has little to show at this moment (0)

How exactly does a Knight compensate for the lack of a healer on the human side, and how exactly does not having a knight-type unit compensate for heavy assault?

Are the Shieldbreakers going to be anti-calvary? If not then why do they have the dismount ability? Just wanted to know some of those things.
SM! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #26
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

You'll know soon enough when I get to update the thread.
There are lots of units, buildings etc. as well as information missing.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Linaze
This message has been deleted by Archian. Reason: Off-topic
Old 08-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #27
Kyrbi0
AKA Khyrberos

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)Kyrbi0 is a jewel in the rough (170)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Very nice, using Norinrad's oncoming Dwarf Thane model. Gotta love it.

Curious, though; is he called the "Horrendous Warlord", as in his Hero Name? Or is it more like "Horrendous, Level 8 Warlord"?
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #28
Hero_Lief
User

Hero_Lief has little to show at this moment (0)

Damn, these are nice. I can't WAIT to see this project done. The idea of capturing towns and everything isn't original whatsoever. But it just fits so WELL! And mostly all models custom? Nice.

What would be cooler is that the pictures would be animated.

I await your update! :D
Old 09-02-2008, 09:24 PM   #29
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Submissions (27)

Still a lot of units and unit information missing -_-*

I'll (hopefully) update this thread by tomorrow morning.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #30
The Elite
For External Use Only

Submissions (6)

The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)The Elite will become famous soon enough (60)

how about using Olof's trebuche model for a guard tower-type building?

Goths are nerds that dress like vampires. -Dominant-Male
Oh, and wc3c wasn't dying back in 2007 and it isn't now. Our secret is simple: you can't kill the undead ... - Vexorian

We're definitely not going to make a G or a PG version of this. It's not PillowfightCraft. - Chris Metzen on the Warcraft Movie
Man, we're considered elitist all over the internet. This makes me feel nice and warm inside. - ghenjis
Please help! I'll provide no information, you must guess! - Whitehorn

Last edited by The Elite : 09-04-2008 at 08:01 AM.
The Elite is offline   Reply With Quote