wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > AMAI
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 11:39 PM   #16
Jum-Jum
User

Jum-Jum has little to show at this moment (0)

AMAI is always intresting.
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-14-2005, 12:36 PM   #17
tehjoeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitch
Your opponent having twice your resources isn't realistic either, hence the number of troops.

Now, if AMAI could implement custom AI levels, that would be interesting.

Now thats some good point Quitch.

Old 03-15-2005, 02:40 AM   #18
thenonhacker
User

thenonhacker has little to show at this moment (9)

@tehjoeh: JumJum's strategy of playing on a big map is effective, too, because you can buy a lot of time in many ways. There is a semi-exploit I use in Market Square, where I prevent a high-Upkeep AMAI from reaching one of my expansions or main base, by passing by near one of AMAI's expansions. When AMAI detects you are near it, it will teleport to it, and you are still far and you can manage to run away towards another expansion. Repeat this until AMAI ends up with no TP scrolls. While doing this, you must also expand agressively, because AMAI at High Upkeep tends to go after expansions.

Starcraft 2 Starfeeder.com: Your Starcraft 2 Tournament Community and Blog!
___
Old 03-15-2005, 02:19 PM   #19
tehjoeh

Yea. I noticed that, when you attack its expo the AMAI has already TP'd before you're even there oo. Again, abusing that is kind of unrealistic, but atleast a way to beat the insane mode. All I'm really looking for is a type of mixture between the AMAI Insane, and the AMAI normal. I mean the AMAI normal is awefully easy, actually it's worse than Blizzard's Normal one. But the AMAI normal still does the same as the insane one microwise. But that kind of mixture isn't possible at the moment. I've tried that handicap thing yesterday, only giving 80% to the insane AMAI. I don't know, it's better in battles, but then way too unrealistic when you're in a battle killing off mass grunts with 5xx hp.

Btw: I like your KotG thing -_-

Last edited by tehjoeh : 03-15-2005 at 02:26 PM.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:24 PM   #20
Strategy Master
Great Sage

Project Leader: AMAI

Submissions (1)

Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)Strategy Master has a spectacular aura about (77)

Well thats a nice load of feedback.

I think insane computer should cheat as thats why it is "INSANE" and is supposed to give computer unfair advantages.
Normal computer should be full functionility computer without cheating so should technically be even match but this is not the case as some find beating it easy.

So normal will only improve once the amai code is continously improved. Hopefully we can make it more of a challenge but stays fair.
But there has been no comment on easy amai. Does anyone even play against easy amai and is there a noticeable difference from normal?
Old 03-16-2005, 05:03 AM   #21
thenonhacker
User

@All: Maybe Blizzard should let us control the % of Additional Resources of AMAI Insane, instead of controlling the % of HP as the handicap. I can easily beat AMAI Insane at 80% HP handicap with a strategy that makes use of AOE spells (e.g. Archmage Blizzard + MK ThunderClap + Panda Breath of Fire).

Which means, Blizzard will assign default AMAI Insane with 100% Additional Resources (20 Gold per harvest instead of 10), and I can set it to 50% Additional Resources (15 Gold per harvest instead of 10). It would be great if such a thing can be controlled now with Mods. ^_^

@tehjoeh: Well, in fairness to AMAI, AMAI is better in many ways than the Blizzard AI. For one thing, you'll never find Bizz AI hire heroes from the Tavern, or get to High Upkeep and surprise you. Plus it can talk. ;)

___
Old 05-20-2005, 11:21 AM   #22
thenonhacker
User

Ok, AMAI Insane is really difficult. But it really depends on the map. Try Adrenaline, and make sure you have at least an 80-food army before tearing through the tree walls of your opponent.

___
Old 05-20-2005, 11:28 PM   #23
Quitch
User

Quitch has little to show at this moment (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategy Master
But there has been no comment on easy amai. Does anyone even play against easy amai and is there a noticeable difference from normal?

I haven't in the latest version but have in the past and I didn't notice much of a difference... but then the Blizzard Easy AI isn't that different either (though more so than AMAI Easy from Normal). Easy in my mind would be an AI that creeped badly, didn't adapt strategies and failed to use more advanced behaviour like buying items during a fight.
Closed Thread