wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Tutorials > General Mapping Tutorials
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #31
Kueken
User

Kueken will become famous soon enough (41)Kueken will become famous soon enough (41)

At least it helps for cooldown and stuff, which is usually still hard-coded for most spells. Also you can refer to eventually used dummy spells. So quite useful for Jass users also.
Kueken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #32
LotK
User

Submissions (1)

LotK is on a distinguished road (11)

i got a thing you didnt mention

if you create new abilitys with base of others (and you probably do that :P) you sometimes have to add <AHtb,Dur1> (just exaple) to the tooltip
you gotta add the whole abilit name to it... it might be just like this <A07H:AHtb,Dur1>

if you mentioned that... i didnt notice :P if not you might add it as a warning
Old 12-17-2009, 12:40 AM   #33
maskedpoptart
User

maskedpoptart has little to show at this moment (0)

Anyone know how to use the hotkey field in a tooltip? <A000,Hotkey> just gives me 0. Since Hotkey is a character, is there a special syntax for converting its character value to a string (maybe something like <A000,Hotkey,'>)?

By the way, you should warn people that Upgrade data fields do not work. For example, if you directly edit the Shaman Adept Training (Rost), and try to use <Rost,base1> in a tooltip, it will use the original base1, not whatever you changed it to. Also, if you make a custom upgrade, i.e. R000, any data field you try to get from it will return 0 (<R000,base1> == 0, <R000,mod1> == 0, <R000,timebase> == 0).
maskedpoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #34
SanKakU
User

SanKakU has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-2)

Send a message via AIM to SanKakU Send a message via MSN to SanKakU Send a message via Yahoo to SanKakU

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotK
i got a thing you didnt mention

if you create new abilitys with base of others (and you probably do that :P) you sometimes have to add <AHtb,Dur1> (just exaple) to the tooltip
you gotta add the whole abilit name to it... it might be just like this <A07H:AHtb,Dur1>

if you mentioned that... i didnt notice :P if not you might add it as a warning
say WHAT? i didn't know that works...(are you sure doing that isn't bugged?)
didn't he tell you to put in A07H in place of the AHtb?
that's what i've been doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedpoptart
Anyone know how to use the hotkey field in a tooltip? <A000,Hotkey> just gives me 0. Since Hotkey is a character, is there a special syntax for converting its character value to a string (maybe something like <A000,Hotkey,'>)?
yeah i ran into a similar problem. a lot of datafields give 0 instead of the actual value.
i'm not sure why or if there's anyway around it, but no one as far as i know has figured any way around it.

and about the other stuff...well i haven't looked at that so far.

Last edited by SanKakU : 12-17-2009 at 10:28 PM.
SanKakU is offline   Reply With Quote