wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Code Resources > Systems
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #31
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

6 days for July ! xD
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #32
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

akolyt0r has a spectacular aura about (120)

dont spam...
i said i will make it _after_ july.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #33
Sinnergy
User

Sinnergy has little to show at this moment (8)

I was viewing this thread earlier before the approval, but it seems like there is not enough description posted in the thread, which makes me ignore the system (I never hesitate to try resources in wc3c if there is not enough description at the first place).

Ok, there's no problem with the naming conventions, if you won't do it, then maybe I'll do it in my map.

Edit:
You may also want to include this from xefx.
Collapse JASS:
________________________________________________________________________________
    method flash           takes string modelpath returns nothing
----
    It shows the dead animation of the model specified by modelpath. This is
    in case you need this sort of eye candy.

Last edited by Sinnergy : 06-24-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Sinnergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #34
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinnergy
I was viewing this thread earlier before the approval, but it seems like there is not enough description posted in the thread, which makes me ignore the system (I never hesitate to try resources in wc3c if there is not enough description at the first place).

Ok, there's no problem with the naming conventions, if you won't do it, then maybe I'll do it in my map.

Edit:
You may also want to include this from xefx.
Collapse JASS:
________________________________________________________________________________
    method flash           takes string modelpath returns nothing
----
    It shows the dead animation of the model specified by modelpath. This is
    in case you need this sort of eye candy.

Actually this system got enough documentation, but its only included in the testmap at the moment.

I will add it to the first post.

i will implement flash method for next version
Old 06-24-2009, 01:39 PM   #35
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Another thing you may want to consider ... you see, your system does a lot of novas, but unfortunately they must all be based on missiles. What if the user wants a nova that is not a missile ?
See per example this nova spell I made:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=102558

In this case I don't use missiles, but succession of effects.
Maybe you could do something to allow this?

Quote:
i said i will make it _after_ july.
Crap...

Last edited by Flame_Phoenix : 06-24-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #36
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

surely its another nice eye candy effect ... but this would require lots of changes of the internal implementation and/or user interface, but could eventually come some day ... although i am not that fancy about this ...
Old 06-25-2009, 08:45 AM   #37
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Quote:
surely its another nice eye candy effect ... but this would require lots of changes of the internal implementation and/or user interface, but could eventually come some day ... although i am not that fancy about this ...
Well.... technically my main idea would be for you to simple make another create method or something similar, I mean, do the thing that's easiest to do in terms of implementation. I may end-up doing a nova system for those things however.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #38
Sinnergy
User

Sinnergy has little to show at this moment (8)

can you make the nova set a unit source, not just picking the unit's coordinates and use it as the source, but somewhat like if the unit moves, the nova's center still follows the unit as if it was the source, also with the inward and outward thing, can you make a functionality for the nova that when set to true, some parameter set to some integer, and the user tries to use outward as the initial nova, then the effect would be like, nova outward returns back to inward, doing this a several times * the integer

example:
Collapse JASS:
set mynova.inward = false //default nova will be outward, this is just to show you that the user wants the nova to be outward
set mynova.sourceUnit = GetTriggerUnit() //nova's center will start to follow the source unit
set mynova.simultaneous = true //nova will come back and forth doing some outward then inward movement
set mynova.returnCount = 5 //will make the nova comes back and forth in an outward and inward motion for 5 times counting in the outward movement
with the example above, it will turn the nova to something like open and close for 5 times starting from the opening and still follows the target source when it moves

Quote:
and still follows the target source when it moves
what I meant about this is like an inward nova cast by a moving caster and still retains its position and angle even if the caster is moving, then closes back to the caster.

an example for this is Lightning Revenant's Plasma Field (I think?) from DotA-Allstars, he cast the spell, a ring of lightning opens up (center point still follows the caster) and then closes back (center point still follows the caster, making the nova close at the current position of the caster).

If I want to make this in your nova system, then I would add the things I suggested above:
Collapse JASS:
set mynova.inward = false
set mynova.sourceUnit = GetTriggerUnit() //nova's center will start to follow the source unit
set mynova.simultaneous = true
set mynova.returnCount = 1
if .simultaneous is true, and .returnCount is not set (default 1) then it will still starts to open and close

if .simultaneous is false, and .returnCount is 5 then it will create the nova 5 times after the triggering nova is done
Old 06-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #39
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

That's rather complicated to be a feature of the system itself, I mean you could easily accomplish it by creating multiple consecutive novas yourself (does the system support an "onFinish" method or something like that? It would be useful for starting the next nova) and move them to the caster's position in the onTimerLoop method.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:22 PM   #40
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

i will add outward/inward compatibility and a onFinish method...

maybe i will add a spell like this to the example map when i ve done this..

Things i will add soon:
  • onFinish method
  • direction operator or something similar (outwards/inwards, switching direction at runtime will be possible)
  • support for xefx's flash method
  • resetHits method, which clears the alreadyHit Group, so your Novas can hit the same units again

Last edited by akolyt0r : 07-04-2009 at 09:31 AM.
akolyt0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:34 AM   #41
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

ive done a lil bit and already got some things working:
  • onFinish method
  • xefx's flash operator
  • scale Get-operator
  • resetHits method (got a better name ??)
  • possibility to switch Novas direction (* details below)

My idea to achieve the possibility to switch Nova direction basically was, that users can change the (target)Radius at runtime...
So when the Nova already runs, and is already at radius 500 or something, and users then set the radius to 0 (in onFinish or onTimerLoop method), the Nova will turn around and go inwards...

Since radius is then somewhat missleading, i decided to remove the radius operator, but add two other ones: endRadius and currentRadius (got better names ??)

I also added to other Get operators:
  • operator distance - returns the distance the Nova has to travel (basically the difference between currentRadius and endRadius)
  • operator direction returns the direction of the Nova, true==Outwards, false==Inwards.

Due to the fact, that i use a radius-based implementation, i had to remove the duration set-operator aswell...
And the duration-get operator now works differently (returns the time the Nova will need until it reaches its end)

However im still not finished yet, i still got some issues with xyangle, when Nova turns around ...

Expand WIP:

Opinions/Suggestions ?
Old 07-04-2009, 12:48 PM   #42
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

Quote:
So when the Nova already runs, and is already at radius 500 or something, and users then set the radius to 0 (in onFinish or onTimerLoop method), the Nova will turn around and go inwards...
Having in mind novas can also "fly" because you allow people to use Z, I say the next version will be pretty awesome =D

Suggestions ... I gave you a suggestions about Z's but having in mind it would force you to use massive locations I understand you don't want to implement it. Perhaps an optional module? Just an idea...

Quote:
# resetHits method (got a better name ??)
As for names ... I think most of them are Ok, except this one .. what is it's implemention supposed to do?
Old 07-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #43
akolyt0r
In Flames

Submissions (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Phoenix
Having in mind novas can also "fly" because you allow people to use Z, I say the next version will be pretty awesome =D

Suggestions ... I gave you a suggestions about Z's but having in mind it would force you to use massive locations I understand you don't want to implement it. Perhaps an optional module? Just an idea...
i wont add something like that, if users want such a behaviour, they can do something like that themselves in onTimerLoop/onUnitHit methods...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Phoenix
As for names ... I think most of them are Ok, except this one .. what is it's implemention supposed to do?

check the post above my last post ...
It will clear the alreadHit group, so, when you have a Nova, which goes outwards first, and then returns to its start location, you can call resetHits method in the onFinish method, so the Nova will hit units again on its way inwards, which it already hit on its way outwards...
Old 07-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #44
Flame_Phoenix

Submissions (10)

maybe resetNova??
Old 07-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #45
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

ResetNova implies that the nova will start over, period. Something that refers to units that have already been hit... Maybe RefreshNova? Or, RefreshTargets... Refresh-something.

Hmm... Once this is all done with, playing around with this system will be fun.
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote