wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #151
Tidus
Banned

Tidus seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-119)Tidus seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-119)Tidus seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-119)Tidus seems to be the reincarnation of TerranUp16 (-119)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz.
That's what you have to do every time. I know it's the most annoying part, but it needs to be done. Once you find the bad stretches and trouble areas though, then you can adjust the basic outline of your skin to make it fit correctly, and then you don't have to check back as much.

Ok, that's all I needed to know, thanks
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-16-2006, 01:35 PM   #152
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

There is a much faster and easyer way. Save your TGA and BLP file in a folder in your wc3 map that matches the path of the skin. I'm skinning the murloc flesh eater at the moment, so i created a map called "units", in that map i made a map called "creeps", in that map i put a map called "MurlocFleshEater" and in that map i put the blp. If you check in wc3 vieuwer now, the texture will show up on the model. It will also show up on the model in world editor, for that matter.

This way you can check back much faster. Simply save your tga, convert the tga to blp, and its ready for vieuwing. I check back after every step i do, to make sure everything looks good.

In 3dsm, this process of checking back is even faster.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:43 PM   #153
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Should i send a PM to Olof, regarding a deadline extention :?
Or is it simply too late
Old 10-16-2006, 04:39 PM   #154
Chriz.
Vast Graphics Animator

Project Leader: WotTH

Submissions (17)

Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)Chriz. has a brilliant future (831)

Hero Contest #2 - 2nd PlaceSkinning Competetion #3 - Elementals

No need to PM, he'll see the post and extend it if he sees it necessary.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:05 PM   #155
olofmoleman
Baron Grunwald is.

Texturing Moderator

Submissions (106)

olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)olofmoleman has a brilliant future (953)

Approved Map: Jurassic ExplorationSmiley contest 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.Skinning Competetion #4 - FallenSkinning Competetion #4 - Atoned

I said that if there was only one or less skins at the end of the contest I would extend the deadline, since I've seen atleast two finished ones, the contest is now close and no one who hasn't finished their skins yet are too late.

~Closed~

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite
My Wc3c Resources

I'm not doing requests, don't pm me about it

~The Arch-enemy of Mc!~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao Dao Zao
Olof always speaks true.
Closed Thread