wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-08-2006, 11:49 AM   #46
Wyvernoid
Santa Wyvvy!

Wyvernoid will become famous soon enough (44)Wyvernoid will become famous soon enough (44)

Send a message via MSN to Wyvernoid

Ah ^^ Why would you use so long a string in a quest, just use a variable
But the 5-sec thingy is really fun and it helps to create a horrifying aura.

Hey buddies! Check out Silly JASS Utility v2.0 Beta ^^ REALLY updated.

INACTIVE
Wyvernoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-08-2006, 12:00 PM   #47
King Klear
The king

Submissions (4)

King Klear has a spectacular aura about (84)King Klear has a spectacular aura about (84)King Klear has a spectacular aura about (84)

Approved Map: Zombie Island: The Curse of the Lost City

Send a message via ICQ to King Klear

The string must be in quest description in order to corrupt the save file properly, at least I think.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:10 PM   #48
Wyvernoid
Santa Wyvvy!

Wyvernoid will become famous soon enough (44)Wyvernoid will become famous soon enough (44)

Send a message via MSN to Wyvernoid

Sorry
Dunno that you're corrupting the savegame file by design
My bad

Hey buddies! Check out Silly JASS Utility v2.0 Beta ^^ REALLY updated.

INACTIVE
Wyvernoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #49
King Klear
The king

Submissions (4)

King Klear has a spectacular aura about (84)King Klear has a spectacular aura about (84)King Klear has a spectacular aura about (84)

Well, that was the point. I had wanted to make it so you can't save your game, but since it seems impossible, I made sure you won't be able to load a game =)
Old 08-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #50
[niro]
User

Submissions (1)

[niro] will become famous soon enough (35)[niro] will become famous soon enough (35)

Completely stuck on the rune part... any hints?
Old 08-09-2006, 06:41 PM   #51
King Klear
The king

Submissions (4)

Oh yes. That seems to be quite common.

Hidden information:
To find out which of the 4 switches are to be pressed before you press the main one, you have to find 4 other switches (that can't be moved) scattered around the Lost City. There is a rune near each of them. Remember the two runes near the two switches, that are pushed down and push the corresponding switches in the main chambre.

I hope I described it well.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:07 PM   #52
James1654
User

James1654 has little to show at this moment (3)

Send a message via MSN to James1654

Nice map, +rep (also needed to spread it around, so that helps :D )

Enjoyed the storyline of it and the asmospheric tension. As usual, a unique breath of fresh air has come to the mapping comunity from you :)

5/5

Edit: damnit, I cant get passed the rune thing, I have tried many methods but none are working. Can anyone tell me how?
If you use someones model
If you enjoy someone's story or image
If someone is very kind or tries to help or be nice
If someone makes you laugh
If someone gives you rep (so u both get mass rep, lol)

If you need to spread it, give it to someone random! (that means to me, btw )

Last edited by James1654 : 09-01-2006 at 01:13 PM.
James1654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:11 AM   #53
Laucian
User

Laucian has little to show at this moment (0)

Very nicer man 6/5
Laucian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #54
1ll1d4n2
User

1ll1d4n2 has little to show at this moment (1)

Good ass map. Don't see a lot of survival horror games for wc3. Hard as a bitch tho. I put it on normal (yes its been reccomended on here to go easy, but I nvr play on easy) and I keep getting totally ass-raped by tentacles or blobs in the rune puzzle. If I beat this and he leaves the island in the ending, I might make a sequel using this engine or whatever you call it, if that's alright w/ you. It'll feature 2 playable characters, but you'll only be able to control one at a time. Think RE. And the camera will be fixed, like in this one, but both characters will count as heroes, so you'll click on their icon to switch.

Last edited by 1ll1d4n2 : 01-02-2007 at 11:52 AM.
1ll1d4n2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #55
Hemlock
user

Hemlock will become famous soon enough (70)Hemlock will become famous soon enough (70)Hemlock will become famous soon enough (70)

Send a message via AIM to Hemlock

The sequal is still in progress as we speak, atleast from what I heared.
Hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:45 PM   #56
King Klear
The king

Submissions (4)

Indeed. I'm working on it, though I haven't made much progress lately. Real life is sort of messing up my... this life.

It would be more than great, however, if you could make another survival horror yourself. I'm not sure whether there is anything like this in wc3.
If you do, I could give you some advices, I suppose.

I'm glad you all liked it, thanks for commenting...
Old 01-03-2007, 03:12 AM   #57
1ll1d4n2
User

Advice would be nice. Thx, I might make a survival horror game using this engine as a base, but it'll be a totally seperate game, rather than a sequel. P.S. Could sum1 plz make a model I could use as a female lead? Mine'll have two playable characters, the same system I mentioned above. And since the zombies'll be roaming the map, you'll have to think strategically about where to leave the character you're not using, to keep them from being raped. (metaphorically speaking of course.)

EDIT: Just beat it, again, fantastic job, probably way better than mine'll be, any advice you can offer will be much appreciated. Again, could sum1 plz make a model I could use as a female lead for a survival horror game? And maybe another dude to make my main character look different from James and both need to have normal and alternate attacks for melee and ranged weapons.

It might take place in a modern world, but this has sho wn that 17th century settings(at least I think, I see/hear merchant ship, I think before planes) can be good for this type of game. But it'll prolly be modern setting. Ya, and like I said, there'll be weapons, melee and ranged, like melee there'll be a combat knife, firefighter ax, and maybe MAYBE a katana that you might get late late LATE in the game. Ranged will be, should be obvious, 9mm, m16, shotgun, etc. Oh, yeah, and could it actually have two alternate attacks? For like, a melee, one handed gun and two handed gun? Actually the three atk anims and the dude model are just a maybe, they'd be nive to have, but not required.

Last edited by 1ll1d4n2 : 01-03-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #58
King Klear
The king

Submissions (4)

I suppose you have already studied my engine, tell me if you need some help with that.

If you choose modern settings, you'll have to use plenty of imports and stuff to make it look good. I tried only to use the graphics of wc3, which has fantasy / medieval settings, though. This is the result.

There are some ways to build a good, scry atmosphere:

- it's nice not to throw zombies at player from the very beggining.. show some shadows, fake alarms etc before you let him confront them.
Zombies killing somebody in unreachable area is a good idea too.
- Diaries. Let the story unfold from small pieces of paper, found in ever second dead body. It's in every scar game, and there is a reason for it, too.
- limits - saves, inventory, ammo, health... all has to be scarce, while not making the game too hard. You should know that you'll die with just a few hits, and consider yourself lucky you passed the zombies/enemies without a scratch.. I don't think I succeeded with this one =)
- Sounds. Play with background sounds - wolf howls, wind, etc. Also, it's good to let the zombies and other enemies play a sound everytime they acquire you as a target. That's the way it goes in most FPSs and survival horrors.
- Boss(es) should require some kind of a tactic to beat. A weakpoint, vulnerability after some kind of attack or such. The best bosses are, where you have to learn 1) to survive their attacks 2) to harm them 3) to kill them.
- Perhaps some "virtual" time limit. For example, you are underground, and every once in a while, the whole complex shakes. The player will get the impression, that he has little time and has to hurry.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:54 AM   #59
1ll1d4n2
User

Thx man, much appreciated, I'll keep it in mind. Also, do you think having some easter egg, that you get if you block all the doors of the police department and watch the tv, where I basically make ass fun of soap opera's (days of our lives in this case) and their ridiculous lack of realism (The scene involves Sephiroth, hordes of skeletons, aliens, pie throwing and the Benny Hill Show theme song. Want to hear more?) Would be good? Or would it just make it impossible to take the rest of the game seriously?

Basically how you'll get this easter egg is when/if you get to the PD, if you (god help you with this) manage to barricade all the entrances into the PD and place the mines you find in front of the front entrance, then [Turn On] the TV in the room w/ the tv, the... nvm you'll find out when it happens

And also, could someone plz make street tiles? PLZ? And also, some zombie animals, for, like, the zoo? And some zombie women and children, and a male villager w/ zombie anims? And a blood mage w/ a lab coat? And that female lead I mentioned? I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by 1ll1d4n2 : 01-06-2007 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #60
King Klear
The king

Submissions (4)

Your model requests are very unlikely to be herad if you post them here. In fact, you'd do best if you just searched if somebody already made those things you need - eg. on wc3sear.ch (RIP) used to be a model of the resident evil zombie dog. Go to the hive and see if it's been copied over yet...

Easter eggs are a good thing. Warcraft is full of them. You just have to have a taste, when you create them.